What happened to the copies of BIONICLE: Legend of mata nui?

Vraiment

Why is noone discussing Red Quark anymore? If he's the only link to Deep Brick then is it not worth somebody contacting him to see if he is still able to communicate with the guy who owns the only known copy of this game in existence? Call me crazy but it seems like it might be worth a shot... Who are the 'few members' who are able to contact him? Is there a particular member on particularly good standing with him? It's literally our only lead, seems worth looking into to me!

I have and I am, please don't contact him *for now.

Anyways, I will be setting up a GDoc soon, do I have any volunteers? 

Edited by Barad-dur

Maybe they were pre-rendered pictures from development? Dunno. Also, just a question: why do we care about this game so much? It was cancelled over a decade ago, so why do we even have our hopes up of playing this game that's proven to be broken?

Because some people here yonder are programmers and specialize in fixing those things. :shrugs:

And there are some people who want more Bionicle, no matter what, even if it's a canceled PC game from a decade and a half ago. But getting that game to be feasibly playable requires more than fixing the bugs - it requires upgrading/changing the gaming engine so it will play on modern computer systems. I'm sure the game programmers of BZPower are up to the challenge, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a new Bionicle game anytime soon. 

I would put "upgrading/changing the gaming engine" in the realm of impossible, unless we get source code. Depending on the issues, patching it might be possible.

But I'm really not interested in the game because I think it's a good game, or I will have fun playing it. For that, I would buy a modern game from one of the many publishers who simply make better games. I fully expect this game to bring many hours of frustration with it. Although I do find hacking somewhat enjoyable, I'm really just interested in seeing the original 2001 canon story line.

Deep Brick (I wonder if that name's supposed to be a parody of Deep Throat?)

I actually asked about this at one point. Yes, it is.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

I think more than discussing what we're going to do after we put on hands on it, it's more important to discuss how we're gonna get the game...

Exactly, this is all just total speculation and the few people who know the man we need to talk to are happy to do everything BUT make contact. I get that you can't push people for risk of losing contact completely but noone is yet to even mention a time at which these people were contacted in any way regarding access to the game disk or it's data...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I think more than discussing what we're going to do after we put on hands on it, it's more important to discuss how we're gonna get the game...

Exactly, this is all just total speculation and the few people who know the man we need to talk to are happy to do everything BUT make contact. I get that you can't push people for risk of losing contact completely but noone is yet to even mention a time at which these people were contacted in any way regarding access to the game disk or it's data...

We know a guy who knows the guy who owns the CD, the only thing stopping us from getting the game is the legal issues that lego probably not even going to care about

Barad-dur suggested in his post that he's in touch with RedQuark, who in turn can get in touch with Deep Brick.

I fully expect this game to bring many hours of frustration with it. Although I do find hacking somewhat enjoyable, I'm really just interested in seeing the original 2001 canon story line.

Given that it's cancelled, I doubt it'd count as canon. I just want to explore Mata Nui and feel the magic of 2001 one more time.

• Upvote 2

Barad-dur suggested in his post that he's in touch with RedQuark, who in turn can get in touch with Deep Brick.

I fully expect this game to bring many hours of frustration with it. Although I do find hacking somewhat enjoyable, I'm really just interested in seeing the original 2001 canon story line.

Given that it's cancelled, I doubt it'd count as canon. I just want to explore Mata Nui and feel the magic of 2001 one more time.

Heh, don't we all? ;)

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

We know a guy who knows the guy who owns the CD, the only thing stopping us from getting the game is the legal issues that lego probably not even going to care about

Technically untrue. There could be many things standing between us and a copy of the game (not counting the non-existent legal issues :P) That's no reason to not even bother trying though. The first step is to contact Red Quark, or failing that explain why such an action is out of the question. Has anyone even bothered to ask him if he's still in touch with Deep Brick? This Month? This year even?? We need to know if the contacts we 'might have' are actually still plausible leads. If not then we move on and stop talking about it. Otherwise we try doing something about it. Offer money for any help towards getting the game, that usually wakes people up ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Technically untrue. There could be many things standing between us and a copy of the game (not counting the non-existent legal issues :P)

Could you exemplify ?

I contacted Red Quark and he hinted that there may be new videos in the future, for what it's worth.

I find this odd. Why would he wait 4 years to make new videos ?

I contacted Red Quark and he hinted that there may be new videos in the future, for what it's worth.

I find this odd. Why would he wait 4 years to make new videos ?

If 'new videos' means videos with new content in them, the only way that'll happen is if the platforms glitch is overcome, because everything up to there has already been videoed.

I think he means the storyline that was originally supposed to be canon.

Maybe Deep Brick has his reasons for keeping quiet.

It's also quite possible that he and Red Quark lost touch, isn't it? It seems unlikely that they know each other in real life. I presume that Red managed to sleuth him out. Life may simply have gotten in the way.

By the way, do we have any leads on the "crazy Saffire employee?"

• Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

What "crazy Saffire employee?"

Also, there's this little snippet from a Russian magazine. Doesn't really help with the cause, but it has behind-the-scenes stuff.

Hello all!!!!!!!!! Okay, so I have found a way to view the old fourms. The Wayback Machine!!!! With this site, you can see websites that have been archived over time. So, I decided to go on it to see the old posts relating to BIONICLE: Legends of Mata Nui. All of the information relating to the game was lost. No one knows what RedQuark had said, no one knows anything. So, I found this old fourm about the game, and it has posts from RedQuark ect. Apparently, only Deep Brick, and some "crazy game employee" are known to own a copy of the game. DeepBrick, would only communicate through RedQuark, and he sent him videos and gameplay footage. ALL the info about the game comes from Deep Brick. Now, back to the present, if any of us have any plans of ever seeing this game, someone, somehow, has to get in contact with Deep Brick. Trouble is, who the ###### is he? I'm trying to search members in the WayBack Machine, but searously who is he???

gZsNWyr.png

What "crazy Saffire employee?"

Also, there's this little snippet from a Russian magazine. Doesn't really help with the cause, but it has behind-the-scenes stuff.

Hello all!!!!!!!!! Okay, so I have found a way to view the old fourms. The Wayback Machine!!!! With this site, you can see websites that have been archived over time. So, I decided to go on it to see the old posts relating to BIONICLE: Legends of Mata Nui. All of the information relating to the game was lost. No one knows what RedQuark had said, no one knows anything. So, I found this old fourm about the game, and it has posts from RedQuark ect. Apparently, only Deep Brick, and some "crazy game employee" are known to own a copy of the game. DeepBrick, would only communicate through RedQuark, and he sent him videos and gameplay footage. ALL the info about the game comes from Deep Brick. Now, back to the present, if any of us have any plans of ever seeing this game, someone, somehow, has to get in contact with Deep Brick. Trouble is, who the ###### is he? I'm trying to search members in the WayBack Machine, but searously who is he???

Noob posts :\, anyways, I don't remember who that was nor where I found that.

Edited by Barad-dur

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but has anyone thought to look up people from the game's credits?

EDIT: Interesting. Ronald McDonald, Mr. Pibb, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, Tiny Tim, Rudy Guiliani, Dave Letterman, and Richard Simmons are all listed in the "Special Thanks" section.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but has anyone thought to look up people from the game's credits?

EDIT: Interesting. Ronald McDonald, Mr. Pibb, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, Tiny Tim, Rudy Guiliani, Dave Letterman, and Richard Simmons are all listed in the "Special Thanks" section.

Yes, Barad-dur once managed to get in touch with one of the developers. He didn't have the game, tho.

That's how I got into contact with some of the developers

toa_makuta.jpg

This image is found in the 2001 summary video that was once on BIONICLE.com. It resembles the Makuta battle scene from MNOLG, but is obviously not from it, because the art style is different. It's in a Legend of Mata Nui gallery on Brickshelf.

So, is this from the game? Do you battle actually Makuta at the end?

• Upvote 2

Yes and yes. The animation was produced by Templar, and they had access to assets from the game. The game is really the only place the image could have come from, and the Toa models match the ones from it. It seems more like concept art or a mockup than an actual in-game screenshot, though.

The Matoran fleeing Rama and Tahu fighting Jaga images in the same animation are also from the game.

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Yes and yes. The animation was produced by Templar, and they had access to assets from the game. The game is really the only place the image could have come from, and the Toa models match the ones from it. It seems more like concept art or a mockup than an actual in-game screenshot, though.

The Matoran fleeing Rama and Tahu fighting Jaga images in the same animation are also from the game.

Oh, man, I want to fight vortex Makuta...

Just an idea, what if we crowdfunded? Made a pledge to help acquire the game? Granted, that's absolutely useless until and unless we find somebody willing to give it up.

Just an idea, what if we crowdfunded? Made a pledge to help acquire the game? Granted, that's absolutely useless until and unless we find somebody willing to give it up.

That's not going to work:

- What does money have to do with this?

- LEGO has its own agenda regarding BIONICLE, and they aren't going to jeopardize it by hunting down a 15 year old unfinished game that officially doesn't really exist.

- Plus they don't have the rights to release it on their own... right?

- It'd be bad publicity for them too, since it works only on very specific machines and is, of course, broken. It doesn't meet their standard of quality, even though that gets lower by the day...

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 1

- LEGO has its own agenda regarding BIONICLE, and they aren't going to jeopardize it by hunting down a 15 year old unfinished game that officially doesn't really exist.

- It'd be bad publicity for them too, since it works only on very specific machines and is, of course, broken. It doesn't meet their standard of quality, even though that gets lower by the day...

I meant in the case that somebody had it and was willing to sell it, not LEGO releasing it. I meant a fan thing on BZPower.

And like I said, somebody has to be willing to sell it. So in the case that someone came forward with a copy, but was charging money for it, fans could contribute instead of one person buying it alone.

I meant in the case that somebody had it and was willing to sell it, not LEGO releasing it. I meant a fan thing on BZPower.

And like I said, somebody has to be willing to sell it. So in the case that someone came forward with a copy, but was charging money for it, fans could contribute instead of one person buying it alone.

Its seems unlikely that anyone who has the game, Deepbrick excepted, realizes how sought after it is. Should we find someone who has it, his probable reaction is going to be "oh, that?" I doubt he'll think "why don't I see how much money I can make off this?"

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

Its seems unlikely that anyone who has the game, Deepbrick excepted, realizes how sought after it is. Should we find someone who has it, his probable reaction is going to be "oh, that?" I doubt he'll think "why don't I see how much money I can make off this?"

Perhaps, but their mind may change when they finally do realize how sought-after it is.

EDIT: You know, in the picture I posted, it seems that the stone block Onua is standing on is visibly higher than the next one down, in comparison to the difference in height between the second and third.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

Perhaps, but their mind may change when they finally do realize how sought-after it is.

We'd hopefully have convinced him to upload the game's ISO and assets before that happened.

That would be the ideal situation, yes.

Weren't several 3D models ripped from the game? Where are they, and how were they obtained in the first place?

Weren't several 3D models ripped from the game? Where are they, and how were they obtained in the first place?

I believe those were from Deepbrick. JMMB managed to decode them. Here's the Onua one.

If I recall correctly, Deepbrick also uploaded some of the other first-level files. I believe that folks were in the process of trying to fix the platform-bug when the forums went down.

gZsNWyr.png

With respect, do you actually know all this for sure or are you just making reasoned assumptions?

The shots from the animation pretty clearly aren't actual gameplay footage, and it's not clear that they're from cutscenes because as far as we know there are only three cutscenes and none of those include Nui-Rama or Makuta in Void form.

With respect, do you actually know all this for sure or are you just making reasoned assumptions?

The shots from the animation pretty clearly aren't actual gameplay footage, and it's not clear that they're from cutscenes because as far as we know there are only three cutscenes and none of those include Nui-Rama or Makuta in Void form.

Just reasoned assumptions. It'd take something pretty big to throw me off of the assumption though, since the images match up with what we have seen and know of the game so well.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend