What happened to the copies of BIONICLE: Legend of mata nui?

Vraiment

So, is this from the game? Do you battle actually Makuta at the end?

Yes and yes. The animation was produced by Templar, and they had access to assets from the game. The game is really the only place the image could have come from, and the Toa models match the ones from it. It seems more like concept art or a mockup than an actual in-game screenshot, though.

The Matoran fleeing Rama and Tahu fighting Jaga images in the same animation are also from the game.

With respect, do you actually know all this for sure or are you just making reasoned assumptions?

The shots from the animation pretty clearly aren't actual gameplay footage, and it's not clear that they're from cutscenes because as far as we know there are only three cutscenes and none of those include Nui-Rama or Makuta in Void form.

Just reasoned assumptions. It'd take something pretty big to throw me off of the assumption though, since the images match up with what we have seen and know of the game so well.

I'm not going to say I think you're wrong, but let's bear in mind that we still don't know for sure.

Has anyone ever tried contacting the MNOG devs about LoMN, seeing as they at least had the assets? I don't see why they'd have been given the full game, but even 3D models would be interesting.

Never thought of that.

cringe

Has anyone ever tried contacting the MNOG devs about LoMN, seeing as they at least had the assets? I don't see why they'd have been given the full game, but even 3D models would be interesting.

Again, we don't know that they did, and I'd be surprised if they still had anything after all this time.

Again, we don't know that they did, and I'd be surprised if they still had anything after all this time.

They had to have at least been given some sort of outline. The 2001 storyline was meant to be spread over Tales of the Tohunga, the three comic issues released that year, Mata Nui Online Game, and The Legend of Mata Nui. It's not like later years when the entire/most of the story could be found in books. The cancellation of this game is partially why reading Tale of the Toa is essential.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Has anyone ever tried contacting the MNOG devs about LoMN, seeing as they at least had the assets?

How much data from the MNOLG do you think they have?

Aside from some sketches, concept art, and the final game, probably not much. They don't even have the original music files anymore... bad hard drives, cracked disks, old computers, etc. are not kind to the files on them.

So if they have barely that, how much nothing from LOMN would they have?

Aside from some sketches, concept art, and the final game, probably not much. They don't even have the original music files anymore... bad hard drives, cracked disks, old computers, etc. are not kind to the files on them.

I don't know. Probably just the 3D models, if anything. I imagine they'd be on a CD, seeing as this was in 2001. I know it's quite a long-shot, but it can't hurt to ask.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I don't know. Probably just the 3D models, if anything. I imagine they'd be on a CD, seeing as this was in 2001. I know it's quite a long-shot, but it can't hurt to ask.

Why would they need 3D models, though? They could have just had the sets, or even just multi-angled pictures of them.

I think they'd have a story outline for LoMN and not much else.

Why would they need 3D models, though? They could have just had the sets, or even just multi-angled pictures of them.

I think they'd have a story outline for LoMN and not much else.

The Makuta fight scene, which wasn't originally planned for MNOG. Not only does it feature Makuta, who didn't get a set that year, it has Onua firing green energy, which is odd in the context of the broader story, but which is how he would have fired in LoMN. Periki knows more than I do, on the subject.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Wasn't there stuff that was cut from MNOLG? What was it? Wasn't there something about a seventh, Makuta worshipping tribe?

Notice that Kane-Ra is the only major Rahi that doesn't appear in it, while the only alternate model Rahi that actually do are the Nui-Kopen and Kahu. I think Jala mentioned the Kuma-Nui, though...

And to tie it all together, was this stuff cut because they needed to make room for stuff that was supposed to be in LoMN?

Wasn't there stuff that was cut from MNOLG? What was it? Wasn't there something about a seventh, Makuta worshipping tribe?

Notice that Kane-Ra is the only major Rahi that doesn't appear in it, while the only alternate model Rahi that actually do are the Nui-Kopen and Kahu. I think Jala mentioned the Kuma-Nui, though...

And to tie it all together, was this stuff cut because they needed to make room for stuff that was supposed to be in LoMN?

The seventh tribe was cut because LEGO themselves opted to axe the idea from the canon. Originally Kuma-Nui were going to be the creatures plaguing Onu-Koro, but they got replaced with the Kofo-Jaga (who subsequently got downplayed and didn't even make an appearance when Templar wasn't able to finish all they aimed for with the Onua chapter).

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The seventh tribe was cut because LEGO themselves opted to axe the idea from the canon. Originally Kuma-Nui were going to be the creatures plaguing Onu-Koro, but they got replaced with the Kofo-Jaga (who subsequently got downplayed and didn't even make an appearance when Templar wasn't able to finish all they aimed for with the Onua chapter).

How do we know all this, anyway? I'm not doubting it, I just don't know if I've ever seen an official source. Are they mentioned in the unused files? I know there's an unused file showing Matoran making Comet balls.

We know it from Templar's own words on their Tumblr.

Regarding the Matoran with the Comet: That first link is an unused scene of a Tohunga making infected Kohli balls, the Comets that were being sold in the Po-Koro bazaar. After helping Pohatu destroy the Nui-Jaga nest, Takua was supposed to find a clue and discover a sweat shop of mind-controlled captives he sets free. The idea was once floated about of a 7th secret Tohungan tribe, worshipers of the cult of Makuta that insidiously undermined the efforts of the Toa to awake Mata Nui. Originally the Kohli ball merchant was supposed to be one of their agents. This was eventually scrapped by LEGO, and so the real identity of the merchant and his motives remain a mystery...

Regarding the Kuma-Nui/Kofo-Jaga: Some may have noticed references in last week’s post to a minigame featuring Onua that never made it into Program 5, wherein the player discovers the village of Onu-Koro. Here’s a few storyboards and sketches from the game that never was. Originally featuring “wolf rats” (later changed to “fire scorpions”), the game let players save the hard-working Onu-Korans from yet another calamity, and also behold Onua for the first time...Onu-Koro, however, was the biggest environment yet, and by the time the cave systems and other puzzles were completed the minigame remained undone and had to be scrapped.

• Upvote 1

We know it from Templar's own words on their Tumblr.

Regarding the Matoran with the Comet: That first link is an unused scene of a Tohunga making infected Kohli balls, the Comets that were being sold in the Po-Koro bazaar. After helping Pohatu destroy the Nui-Jaga nest, Takua was supposed to find a clue and discover a sweat shop of mind-controlled captives he sets free. The idea was once floated about of a 7th secret Tohungan tribe, worshipers of the cult of Makuta that insidiously undermined the efforts of the Toa to awake Mata Nui. Originally the Kohli ball merchant was supposed to be one of their agents. This was eventually scrapped by LEGO, and so the real identity of the merchant and his motives remain a mystery...

Regarding the Kuma-Nui/Kofo-Jaga: Some may have noticed references in last week’s post to a minigame featuring Onua that never made it into Program 5, wherein the player discovers the village of Onu-Koro. Here’s a few storyboards and sketches from the game that never was. Originally featuring “wolf rats” (later changed to “fire scorpions”), the game let players save the hard-working Onu-Korans from yet another calamity, and also behold Onua for the first time...Onu-Koro, however, was the biggest environment yet, and by the time the cave systems and other puzzles were completed the minigame remained undone and had to be scrapped.

Direct from the source, then.

I know the game was shown at some kind of expo, considering I've seen some articles from around 2002. The cutscenes probably came from that certain expo as well. Just a guess 

E3, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

I assume you mean LoMN.