BIONICLE Episode 8 Released in English

Good episode. It's nice to see one where each of the Toa is featured roughly equally, though I can't help but feel the LoSS went down pretty easily for a boss villain. I guess that's just how it has to be when each episode is only 90 seconds long... -_-

Seeing Onua be the one to suggest working together, and strike the final blow, would make it seem that he might end up leader after all.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Kind of old news isn't it?

Anyway, this was a pretty okay episode. (For a Bionicle animation that is)

The only bits of dialogue which sounded noticably awkward were Onua and Gali's few lines. It's still a shame these will mostly be remembered for the speech and the memes which sprouted from them. I hope sometime in the future we'll actually get to see/hear the Protectors. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Sure feels special to see the new Toa doing a team-up attack like the classic Toa always used to defeat their most significant foes. Not like LoSS is an end boss or anything... more of an obstacle like the Manas, really.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That is a very great episode! I loved to see the Toa working together after they failed to foolishly defeat the LoSS by oneself. There are some funny things that I noticed, and they are how Gali pushed Lewa, Gali and Pohatu got webbed, how Pohatu landed on Kopaka, and how Onua saved Tahu (back in the G1 Comics. So much nostalgia).

Who knew that the LoSS is powerful against weapons and can take on one Toa. Anyway, I wonder if the spider had survived the fall. Plus, he never showed his Mask of Skull Spiders to summon the Skull Spiders. That would have been epic if that happened in the episode, like a boss level in a video game, but him alone is okay. And also, he is bigger than one Toa in the animation, rather than smaller in his set form, but that'll do when the six Toa work together to defeat the big spider.:)

Since Onua suggested working together and delivering the final blow on the LoSS, he would become the leader. I would be a bit surprised if that would happen and it wouldn't feel classic that way, even though that Tahu told him to deliver the final blow.

Anyway, we got one more episode to be released in English, coming in probably May or June, depending on the Bionicle website or Lego's YouTube channel, and then that's it. I hope we'll get more in the summer because the webisodes we got are very great.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I definitely recall watching this episode in English sometime last month. But regardless, I did enjoy this episode. Its great to see the Toa work together to defeat the Lord of Skull Spiders. Though I do wish he had been more of a threatening foe than what was shown of him here. Or that this episode would've been a little longer so that the battle wouldn't feel so short. Hopefully he will return in the future storyline sometime.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This was a cool episode, and I liked seeing them all work together. I'm just a little surprised that not one of them can take on that spider alone. They're going to be in for a rocky trail when Makuta finally arrives.

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

This episode was great and all, but I just don't think any of the Toa get it. All they did was take down a rahi. A rahi. Seriously, when is makuta going to swoop in with the mask of ultimate power and give them a real fight?

2017-2018.

Anyways, I love that pic you guys used for the front page.

Dat special moment between Tahu & Onua

SH0Gxlo.png

Tahu x Onua for life.

Onua's delivery and Gali's "I'LL FLUSH IT AWAY" were kinda awkward, but aside from that it was an amusing episode. Really quick, could've and probably should've been drawn out over 2 episodes. The Toa didn't even use their elemental powers, especially since 2-3 episodes ago they were shown being augmented by the Golden Masks, which would probably have made for a more epic fight. I think the LoSS is gonna strike again later on regardless.

ur 2 slo kekpaka

And what will become of Tahu's Flame Swords? Over the edge into nothingness? D:

Undergoing Renovations...

It's cool to see an actual fight scene, but the voices... ugh. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Really quick, could've and probably should've been drawn out over 2 episodes.

I don't think a fight against just one enemy calls for more than one episode, though this one could've been a bit longer or ended differently.

but the voices... ugh.

I agree that nearly all the lines and delivery were a bit cringey, which is a shame considering how much better they were in the previous episode.

Edited by Sir Kohran

Kind of old news isn't it?

The latest we had in English until now was episode 7.

Episode 8 has been out since March.

I can't find anything about it on the front page, though. Nor in my inbox. All I can tell you is that this is definitely the first time I've watched this episode in English.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

"We mUsT woork TOGETHUR"

The delivery of that line. The delivery of all the lines in this episode, particularly that one, was so bad it draws attention away from how bad the voices themselves are.

When will Lego release something legitimately awesome for new Bionicle? Besides the sets I mean.

• Upvote 2

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The delivery of "We must work together" and Gali's last line was dreadful. Honestly, besides the usual pacing issues (they resolved their interpersonal incompatibilities rather quickly), that's the only thing really wrong, but boy howdy, is it wrong. It completely overshadows the rest of the episode, especially since Gali's line is supposed to conclude the episode.

The lines themselves are fine, but the narrator delivers them completely wrong.

• Upvote 3

The delivery of "We must work together" and Gali's last line was dreadful. Honestly, besides the usual pacing issues (they resolved their interpersonal incompatibilities rather quickly), that's the only thing really wrong, but boy howdy, is it wrong. It completely overshadows the rest of the episode, especially since Gali's line is supposed to conclude the episode.

Well that's what happens when you have a one minute thirty second animation and one guy with no real voice acting talent, lego clearly aren't aiming to tell a story here they literally just want an extended commercial, I'm aware that's what they want with ninjago and Chima but (whilst I don't like those shows) they make some level of effort to tell a story but here there's just nothing but fighting.

It's time to move on.

Dina is spot on IMO

I can't get over Pohatu's Aussie/Cockney accent. :lookaround: (I have nothing against it, of course.)

Really? I despise it, & wouldn't call is a Cockney accent. It;s the type of accent no person (who has been exposed to a society outside of a town of 2) actually has any more. For most intents & purposes it is an imitators accent. Probably sounds like the real thing to those with minimal to non existent exposure to the actual thing, but hey that's how brains work when it comes to accents etc.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Well that's what happens when you have a one minute thirty second animation and one guy with no real voice acting talent, lego clearly aren't aiming to tell a story here they literally just want an extended commercial, I'm aware that's what they want with ninjago and Chima but (whilst I don't like those shows) they make some level of effort to tell a story but here there's just nothing but fighting.

You seem to have mistaken my criticisms for agreement that the animations are terrible.

I think the animations are actually much better than many people are giving them credit for. I wish they could be longer and better-paced, sure, but they're definitely not irredeemable. I find the criticism that they aren't trying to tell a story hilarious, especially your rendition that it's "nothing but fighting", considering only 4/8 episodes so far have had any fighting at all in them, and one of them was Tahu accidentally bashing aside a bunch of Skull Spiders.

Of all the valid criticisms of the animations, "it's nothing but fighting" is definitely not one of them.

• Upvote 4

You seem to have mistaken my criticisms for agreement that the animations are terrible.

I think the animations are actually much better than many people are giving them credit for. I wish they could be longer and better-paced, sure, but they're definitely not irredeemable. I find the criticism that they aren't trying to tell a story hilarious, especially your rendition that it's "nothing but fighting", considering only 4/8 episodes so far have had any fighting at all in them, and one of them was Tahu accidentally bashing aside a bunch of Skull Spiders.

Of all the valid criticisms of the animations, "it's nothing but fighting" is definitely not one of them.

Please explain to me how the "story" is anything but find shiny object and punch a spider. 

It's time to move on.

Please explain to me how the "story" is anything but find shiny object and punch a spider. 

I mean, sure, if you simplify it down that far, so was 2001. I mean, there's more to it than that in both cases, but since we're simplifying things to make them sound stupid, sure. 2001, find shiny objects and punch an animal.

• Upvote 6

Because the characters are learning their roles, and learning to get along with one another? Because there's an undercurrent of mystery permeating the search for Ekimu?

You can make ANY story sound that stupid if you disregard the actual characterization, details, and plot. Lord of the Rings: Destroy shiny object and avoid nasty orcs. Star Wars: Blow up the evil moon and stop the bad guys. The Dark Knight: Stop the evil clown and save the city. Or one of my favorites, 2001 Bionicle: find shiny objects and punch some animals.

I'm not saying the animations are equivalent to any of those stories in overall quality, not by a long shot. But glossing over the actual content just to demean them is an utterly deceptive tactic that doesn't contribute at all to informed discussion.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 5

Because the characters are learning their roles, and learning to get along with one another? Because there's an undercurrent of mystery permeating the search for Ekimu?

You can make ANY story sound that stupid if you disregard the actual characterization, details, and plot. Lord of the Rings: Destroy shiny object and avoid nasty orcs. Star Wars: Blow up the evil moon and stop the bad guys. The Dark Knight: Stop the evil clown and save the city. Or one of my favorites, 2001 Bionicle: find shiny objects and punch some animals.

I'm not saying the animations are equivalent to any of those stories in overall quality, not by a long shot. But glossing over the actual content just to demean them is an utterly deceptive tactic that doesn't contribute at all to informed discussion.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

The  minimal amount of characterization they receive is through one or two lines of short dialogue, as far as I'm concerned that's not enough to give us a good look at the characters. And there really isn't much mystery to Ekimu, we already know where he is and it's pretty safe to assume we know how he's gonna be awakened. What little story there is in these things is pretty much just talking about the golden masks, the only part of the story that's interesting is the fact Ekimu can talk to them but that's not really talked about much. To be honest I actually liked the first three animations (counting "the legend") they gave good insight into the back-story whilst remaining as quick as possible. Oh and contrary to stereotypes that all people who dare to criticize the reboot are nostalgia obsessed hardcore fans who were fans throughout the entirety of G1 I wasn't a fan of it in 2001 (in the sense I was two). 

It's time to move on.

I love how a small little spider web is enough to take down a Master of elements. Whole Master team charges and what does LOSS attack with? another small web, once. :P

Kinda fits in with how lackluster the set was...

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I love how a small little spider web is enough to take down a Master of elements. Whole Master team charges and what does LOSS attack with? another small web, once. :P

Kinda fits in with how lackluster the set was...

"Small little spider web"? It covered their whole face, and looked to be pretty thick. Even being close to an inch-thick curtain of cobwebs can give me the jeebies. God help me if my face were covered in it.

Also LoSS being lackluster is entirely a matter of opinion; I'd consider him better than the Visorak or Kahgarak at the very least, and as great as the original 2001 Rahi (with the possible exception of Muaka and Kane-Ra).

I was expecting the Lord of Skull Spiders to be more of a primary villain, but if the 2001 Rahi sets can get away with being arbitrary obstacles then I guess he can too.

I have to say that I'm surprised no one's gotten Skull Spider'd yet. I know we aren't at the end, but it can't be that much longer before the story shifts over to the skull villains. I wonder if they'll cary over as obstacles that come up once in a while?

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG