Which Toa Mata version is the best?

Mish

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The voting poll is now online. :biorules:  

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

I might also add that the Golden Masks add a huge plus to the new line.

100% agree with ya there. It's really nice that they include the golden mask in the set this time around.

-NotS

Yup :D My only complaint is we have a huge absence of silver toa masks. I hope we get those in the future  :begging:

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I voted for the Okoto versions of the Toa. As sets, they all look great together and incorporate functionality almost perfectly. That, and it's the first time I have gotten all of the original Toa, just in the new forms. The gold masks really tie everything together for me, even though they look weird on some (*cough* Kopaka *cough*).

• Upvote 1

I voted for the Okoto versions of the Toa. As sets, they all look great together and incorporate functionality almost perfectly. That, and it's the first time I have gotten all of the original Toa, just in the new forms. The gold masks really tie everything together for me, even though they look weird on some (*cough* Kopaka *cough*).

If any of the gold masks look weird on the toa, it would have to be Gali, Lewa and Pohatu, take a guess why. 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

If any of the gold masks look weird on the toa, it would have to be Gali, Lewa and Pohatu, take a guess why. 

I bet it has to do with all the gold armor that they don't have. But at the same time, when the mata gold masks were placed on the original toa, it was just as weird because they didn't have gold parts either?

• Upvote 3

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I bet it has to do with all the gold armor that they don't have. But at the same time, when the mata gold masks were placed on the original toa, it was just as weird because they didn't have gold parts either?

Not exactly, it's because of how much silver they have on them compared to the other toa that do have gold with gold masks.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I have a problem with Kopaka wearing his gold mask because of all of the gold armor he has. Not that I'm against his gold armor completely, I like the design of the set, but when he wears the gold mask it just makes the gold look overpowering over the other colors.

This I can agree with. Kopaka's shoulder pads should've been either white or silver as should his chest plate

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I have a problem with Kopaka wearing his gold mask because of all of the gold armor he has. Not that I'm against his gold armor completely, I like the design of the set, but when he wears the gold mask it just makes the gold look overpowering over the other colors.

That too, the gold is too clotted up around the shoulders and chest, not very well spread out among the rest of the body.

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

This I can agree with. Kopaka's shoulder pads should've been either white or silver as should his chest plate

True, he is a white toa not gold. I still like it though.

I dont know where my poll went so I posted a new one. :notsure: :biorules:

Edited by Makaru

I personally think the only toa who really benefits from the gold is Onua. It makes sense on Tahu, but it doesn't do much for me. Onua on the other hand looks fantastic with black, purple, silver, and gold. I just really dig Onua's new form. Just absolutely amazing!

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Gold does work for Kopaka and Tahu because Tahu is leader and Kopaka is deputy.  Onua's gold looks good but I'm unsure what if they put it on there for any reason other than that.

I like the gold on Onua. As I understand it the gold seems to be an acquired taste, as some people have gone and replaced the gold with silver. I like the gold because it doesn't stand out so much on him after a while. It even brings out the gold on his gold mask once you put it on, which looks great imo. He also has gold on his chest stickers, but I guess some people missed out on that because they don't like stickers. The gold ties together with the decoration on the chest without making the figure look cluttered.

Tahu is, color-wise, very well balanced. Red and gold always seem to go together, and the trans orange completes the package. I'm not even mad that his hands and feet are silver; the silver breaks up the monotony of the color scheme.

As for Kopaka, I LOVE his color scheme. Gold has always paired well with white, and Kopaka does the color pairing justice. His muscular shape makes him embody the strength of ice, but his thin shape in the middle torso sort of shows the "thin ice" (Get it? I'm so funny...  :D )

Gold does work for Kopaka and Tahu because Tahu is leader and Kopaka is deputy.  Onua's gold looks good but I'm unsure what if they put it on there for any reason other than that.

Given how Onua's been characterized in his bios and animations so far (wise, helpful, and grounded), I think he'd do quite well as Tahu's advisor, just as Kopaka would do well as Tahu's deputy/lancer. But we haven't gotten far enough in the story for the Toa to be assigned specific roles in the team. So unless they were already an established team wherever it is they came from before arriving on Okoto and losing their memories, I think the decision to give the three larger Toa sets gold armor was purely cosmetic, rather than having anything to do with their story roles.

Generally I think the gold works quite well for Kopaka aesthetically, as it contrasts nicely with the cool blue color that appears throughout his design. It doesn't necessarily represent the element of ice, but I've never really been of the opinion that metallic armor has to be elementally aligned. After all, silver is not a very fiery color, but it suited Toa Norik just fine. And likewise, gold was never used to represent air in G1 BIONICLE, but Iruini wore it very well.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...