Which Winter 2015 Sets are Best?

Cwog

Best Sets of 2015?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm back with another poll! Here, we discuss the best Protector, best Toa, and whether or not you like the LoSS. Please vote*, and feel free to discuss your answers below.

*I say this because for some reason, people like to look at polls, but then leave without voting. Looking at some of my previous polls, the percent of viewers that voted is disturbingly low:

"What years' waves were the best?" 12%

"Which original Toa of each wave was the worst?" 9%

"Protector of Water: Male or Female?" 12%

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

For protector I chose ice. I love his color way so much and I like the shield/saw function. He poses well and his shooter attachment is cool and not obtrusive.

For toa I chose lewa. His lack of head movability is annoying, but overall I love his design. He looks balanced and strong. His shoulder pads are my favorite part. His weapons are cool, the double arm function is cool, and his new mask is awesome. My favorite mask from the new wave is definitely pohatu's, but my favorite overall is definitely lewa.

As for LoSS, I like him. I like that his face is a chest plate and I like the trans-orange highlights. It gives him a halloween-esque look and I back it. His function is pretty cool as well. Not super pose able but whatever, he's a big toa crushing spider. That's dope.

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

For Protectors, I voted Ice. He's got no elbows, which isn't too great, but I really like the saw-blade and how his blaster has a bayonet. His color scheme works really well, too.

As for the Toa, I pretty much like them all equally, but if I had to pick a favorite, my bias says Tahu. I've always liked dual-wielding characters, though that means I could just has well have picked Lewa, I feel like Tahu's surfboard works better than Lewa's glider things.

I didn't think I'd like the Lord of Skull Spiders because of how few poses you can put it in, but the function works really well, and it's kinda fun, so in the end I actually like it as a toy. I've never had one of the '01 Rahi, but from what I understand, it's a bit like those.

Coming from someone who has all the Rahi except for Muaka & Kane-Ra, and the Manas, the Lord of Skull Spiders is a worthy successor of them. he's mostly technic, with some aspects of CCBS. Just a great build in general.

1. Protector of Earth. He has a great weapon and a good color scheme.

2. Tahu, thought Lewa was a really close second. I liked both of their sets a lot.

3. Yes, I liked the Lord of Skull Spiders a lot. He is a well made set IMO.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I voted Protector of Jungle for best Protector. His body is well-armored, he has great articulation, he has a vibrant color scheme (unlike Protector of Earth, whose colors are kind of dark and dull), and his elaborate weapon allows for some very dynamic poses. The vines/sensor tails on his feet also give him a strong visual connection to his element.

For best Toa, Gali was the clear winner. She's not exceptionally tall or short or lean or muscular, but I think those very "average" proportions work to her advantage aesthetically. She is easily the most attractively proportioned Toa in my book, and looks great in all kinds of poses. Her colors are well-distributed, her mask is stylish, and her transformations are some of the most impressive of any of the Toa. Not only can she place the blades of her Elemental Trident on her feet in Adrenalin Mode, but she can also combine them into a monofin or combine them with the Protector of Water's weapon to create a diving propulsion vehicle in her "Power Up" mode. She uses transparent parts quite nicely to create a sense of her body pulsing with elemental energy. She's not just my favorite of the new Toa sets for 2015, she's my favorite Toa set in general.

And yes, I like the Lord of Skull Spiders. He's more than big enough to be a formidable foe for any of the Toa individually, even if he's no match for them working together, and his function is creative, smooth, and lots of fun. He might not leave older BIONICLE creature sets in the dust quite like the new Toa do for older Toa sets, but he still measures up to Rahi like the Nui-Jaga in my eyes, and offers a great value at the $15 price point. His biggest flaw, for me, is the lack of a "failstate" like the removable masks of the classic Rahi, which reduces his competitive role-play potential. Nevertheless, I hope there are more sets like him in the future.

• Upvote 1

I voted Protector of Jungle for best Protector. His body is well-armored, he has great articulation, he has a vibrant color scheme (unlike Protector of Earth, whose colors are kind of dark and dull), and his elaborate weapon allows for some very dynamic poses. The vines/sensor tails on his feet also give him a strong visual connection to his element.

For best Toa, Gali was the clear winner. She's not exceptionally tall or short or lean or muscular, but I think those very "average" proportions work to her advantage aesthetically. She is easily the most attractively proportioned Toa in my book, and looks great in all kinds of poses. Her colors are well-distributed, her mask is stylish, and her transformations are some of the most impressive of any of the Toa. Not only can she place the blades of her Elemental Trident on her feet in Adrenalin Mode, but she can also combine them into a monofin or combine them with the Protector of Water's weapon to create a diving propulsion vehicle in her "Power Up" mode. She uses transparent parts quite nicely to create a sense of her body pulsing with elemental energy. She's not just my favorite of the new Toa sets for 2015, she's my favorite Toa set in general.

And yes, I like the Lord of Skull Spiders. He's more than big enough to be a formidable foe for any of the Toa individually, even if he's no match for them working together, and his function is creative, smooth, and lots of fun. He might not leave older BIONICLE creature sets in the dust quite like the new Toa do for older Toa sets, but he still measures up to Rahi like the Nui-Jaga in my eyes, and offers a great value at the $15 price point. His biggest flaw, for me, is the lack of a "failstate" like the removable masks of the classic Rahi, which reduces his competitive role-play potential. Nevertheless, I hope there are more sets like him in the future.

Well would you look at that? We have the same answers on everything. Yeah, you pretty much summed up why I like who I like. Character-wise (ooooo, I'm gonna make another poll! Woo-hoo!), I like Kopaka because of his similarities to myself, but frankly, that shoulder armor looks unwieldy.

I like both the jungle and the earth protector. I like the placement of the launchers on each(In the boy for jungle, and in the chest for earth), and the overall coloration is really creative and attractive, but in the end I chose the protector of jungle. For the Toa, I like Kopaka because is shield is cool and so is the spear. As for the lord of skull spider, he's kind of an average set, not particularly terrific or anything, but not bad either. I put neutral for that.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

For my favorite Protector have to go with the Protector of Stone and if I would had vote more then once, the Protector of Jungle as well, it is because they are mostly the only good sets out of the other 4 protector, the protector of ice was okay but not as good because the legs and lower armless kills it.

Lewa is my favorite for the master because (beside Onua) the other master was the worse sets of 2015 winter wave, Gali and Pohatu being the worse.

And LoSS is a yes, I do like the set.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

LoSS was a pain in my rear end to build... at least for me.

I really liked it, IMO. All the pins and beams reminded me of building the Kahu (I modified it so Kongu can ride it)

Not saiyan it's a bad set, just saiyan that I didn't have that great of a building experience with it.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Wow, at the 34-vote-mark, it seems the consensus is that the PoW is the worst Protector! I rather like him/her; got a nice weapon and interesting proportions.

You can't really extrapolate "worst" from a "best sets" poll like this. Clearly nobody voting here considers Protector of Water the best of the Protectors, but for all we know he/she could be second-best for many of the voters.

On another note, it's impressive to see how many people do like or feel neutral about the Lord of Skull Spiders. That sort of reinforces a theory I've had for a while — that a lot of the criticism Lord of Skull Spiders gets is not on account of being a bad set, but on account of being the only dedicated enemy set for the first wave, and thus having a lot of high expectations to live up to. Not to mention that the Toa and Protectors, in many ways, surpass the Toa and villager sets of earlier years, while the Lord of Skull Spiders, even at its best, only just manages to live up to the standard set by many past creature sets of similar size (like the Nui-Jaga). It is a creative set, but not as extraordinary as the rest of the 2015 lineup leads many people to expect.

I see your point about the PoW. Maybe it would be safer to say that he/she's the most mediorcre Protector? No matter what you call it, though, I find it interesting that no one thinks he/she's the best.

As for the Lord of Skull Spiders, as you said, Aanchir, some folks complain that the LoSS is a weak dedicated villain for this wave. You know what I say? I'm glad we have a villain this wave! The Toa Metru and Hordika had no villains for half a year, and it was really ambiguous as to who was a bad guy in 2009 (if you didn't pay close attention to the story). I'm frankly really glad there is someone for the Toa to fight against. Plus, we get the Skull Spiders, who are kind of like the Bohrok and Krana rolled up into one. Great horde villains, if you ask me. I've heard people say that they're too small, or too insignificant looking, but would you really say that if swarms of spiders that could wrap around your face where ransacking your village?

• Upvote 1

I voted for the Protector of Fire, as I find his body build and overall design really cool!

I voted Tahu because of his awesome swords, gear function, mask, and colors. :)

I voted that I like LOSS. I find his complex design an amazing callback to the rahi of 2001. The function was amazing, and I love how everything in the design came together marvelously.^_^

~Daler

Couldn't decide on Protector, went with Onu-Mangai, For Toa, couldn't decide between Lewa, Pohatu, and Tahu, 'ventually went with Lewa, love dem spikeys.

Onu-Mangai? Is that the Protector of Earth? I still think we should call him Barney... why? http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=7151

Click the link, Moamahrimatoro. It explains why PoE can be called Barney.

I eventually went with the Protector of Jungle. Some of the others (especially Earth and Ice) were just as well done, but PoJ's bow put him in the top spot, just because I'm so glad constraction bows are a thing now.

If anything, the choice of Toa was even harder. I nearly went with Kopaka for the color-scheme and snowsuit-style armor, but in the end I went with Gali, who is also am excellent representation of her element, and furthermore is the first constraction set to actually look feminine (something else I'm glad is a thing now).

And, between the intimidating appearance, snazzy function, and useful parts, Lord of Skull Spiders is an excellent set.

• Upvote 1

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Zoooom!

Ok. I chose Tahu for Toa. I just think he has some really neat weapons, the Mask is excessivley nifty, and he just looks impressive.

I chose Protecor of Jungle because the build is interesting, and I like the bow-like weapon.

And lastly, I like the LoSS. My only complaint is I wish he were larger, just a little bit.

• Upvote 1

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Couldn't decide on Protector, went with Onu-Mangai, For Toa, couldn't decide between Lewa, Pohatu, and Tahu, 'ventually went with Lewa, love dem spikeys.

Onu-Mangai? Is that the Protector of Earth? I still think we should call him Barney... why? http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=7151

Click the link, Moamahrimatoro. It explains why PoE can be called Barney.

Oh, I get it.

cringe

Protector of Jungle is awesome, love the colours and weapon. Very solid set. I love all the Protectors though, and Protector of Earth is my second favourite for sure, thanks to that purple.

Toa-wise, I have a bias towards Tahu so he gets my vote. They're all splendid sets.

And yes, I love Lord of Skull Spiders. Want more sets like it.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg