Knock Off LEGO Companies still making Hero Factory Sets?

They still look better than the Bohrok-Kal.

It's a shame knockoff pieces are either extremely loose or extremely tight when used with legitimate lego pieces, those recolored pieces would come in handy when it comes to MOCing. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I'm just shocked that that one is being sold for $15. That's way too much for such a small set, especially for a knock-off.

There's nothing about the image in question that tells us that the price is in U.S. dollars. Even if it had a dollar sign that wouldn't be confirmation, because that sign is used for a lot of different currencies, including ones that are much smaller in value than U.S. dollars.

So you're right. Sorry bout that.

Actually, the tag does have a currency symbol: the "RM." These knockoffs are being sold for 15 Malaysian Ringgits, or 4.18 USD... so... yeah, not really all that much depending on how much 15 Ringgits gets you over in Malaysia, but in terms of USD...not that much.

• Upvote 1

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Just stop trying china. You're not fooling anyone.

You'd be surprised how many old ladies buying presents for their grandchildren China is able to trick. Like when you ask her for a Cars DVD and she gets you this:

a2d.jpg

*Vomits in Bag* ALL THE NIGHTMARES!!! SO MANY DISAPPINTED CHILDREN!!! SO MUCH SADNESS!! IT HURTS!!!

Dx

I  actually own that movie because of my nextdor naighbor

• Upvote 1

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

Looks like they're taking apart some real sets,  making new ones, adding some bootleg recolors to claim originality, and selling them at marked up prices. Just look at KSZ's logo.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

Looks like they're taking apart some real sets,  making new ones, adding some bootleg recolors to claim originality, and selling them at marked up prices. Just look at KSZ's logo.

The problem with that is that these aren't being sold for marked up prices. They're sold at extremely low prices, often to low-income families that aren't willing or able to pay higher prices for high quality and authenticity (and often in East Asian or Central American countries where LEGO is rarer, more expensive, and less well-known than in Europe and the United States).

I guarantee you that none of the parts in these sets are officially produced by LEGO, because that would completely destroy these companies' business models. Knock-off companies will only buy official LEGO sets in order to copy their designs, not to sell the official parts back to the public. Otherwise they would no longer be able to market these products as a low-priced alternative to the real deal.

• Upvote 5

Big Hero 6 sure has changed since i saw it. :t

How are they called hero6 if there's only 5 of them?

Because the 6th Hero

Is you.

The 2008-2010 bionicle sets kind of felt like knock offs because the ball sockets broke extremely easily

Consistency is overrated, like most ripoff sets.

Look at these delicious color schemes

0004896.jpg

WHAT'VE THEY DONE TO THE BOHROK?!

This is an outrage!

They made them... invincible. :V

:superfunny:

Edit: Please add some more substance to your posts in the future!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

• 3 weeks later...

Those Battle Machines in the OP? I got them. In fact, I've bought stuff from XSZ numerous times - it's decent, but not quite as good as Lego. I'm only really interested in exclusive recoloured parts for MOCing though, and I certainly wouldn't buy flat-out duplicates of official sets - that's pointless.

Edited by Logan McOwen

Big Hero 6 sure has changed since i saw it. :t

Because the 6th Hero

Is you.

The 2008-2010 bionicle sets kind of felt like knock offs because the ball sockets broke extremely easily

Consistency is overrated, like most ripoff sets.

Look at these delicious color schemes

0004896.jpg

WHAT'VE THEY DONE TO THE BOHROK?!

This is an outrage!

They made them... invincible. :V

:superfunny:

Edit: Please add some more substance to your posts in the future!

-Wind-

I actually kind of want those bohrok now.

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm trying to find an image of them, but I recently saw a couple of fake sets in a store that seemed to combine Hero Factory and Ninjago. At least, the packaging was a Ninjago set with a Hero Factory character in the background, sagely looking on. I wasn't able to get a photo because the store owner had already yelled at me for trying to take photos of their ridiculous Shrek t-shirts and I didn't have the strength to be yelled at by a man in a mohawk beanie again.

• Upvote 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

• 1 month later...

Taking the conversation back towards the Hero 6 sets for a moment, the number six in the title actually refers to the theme the sets are released under, not the number of sets available for purchase (Invasion From Below being the sixth and final theme for Hero Factory). I know this because I previously purchased two copies of the official Brain Attack Ogrum set off of Ebay for additional parts, and the knockoffs that arrived instead were released under the title Hero 5 (Brain Attack being the fifth theme of Hero Factory).

Moral of the story? Check what country the seller lives in before you make any purchases, and look for pictures containing the set's original packaging.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 1 month later...

I recall in Argentina a lot of Hero Factory knockoff shipped in from China were pretty common, a lot of them were pre-assembled in plastic bubble pacakging. When one thinks that a knockoff Hero Factory set in Argentina costed only 10 pesos, while a real TLG made Hero Factory set was at least 100 pesos plus customs taxes invoked for shipping from Europe or North America... it kinda makes sense why knockoffs exsist. They fill the extremely cheap market that Lego could never go to due to Lego's  higher quality.

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I recall in Argentina a lot of Hero Factory knockoff shipped in from China were pretty common, a lot of them were pre-assembled in plastic bubble pacakging. When one thinks that a knockoff Hero Factory set in Argentina costed only 10 pesos, while a real TLG made Hero Factory set was at least 100 pesos plus customs taxes invoked for shipping from Europe or North America... it kinda makes sense why knockoffs exist. They fill the extremely cheap market that Lego could never go to due to Lego's  higher quality.

Y'know that makes sense.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I remember getting one knock off that was based off Nuhrii. My goodness some of the pieces are just brittle or quite loose. China just loves to copy so many things, eh? Haha. That care for quality is sometimes saddening, but then again some of the products from China have been pretty good.

• 1 month later...

CEVAwS7WAAAdNlz.png

Um. Right.

That's just Pohatu showing off his "blocks set transformatio," which is so effective he looks exactly like Gali!

~B~

Nope, that's not me. Looks like Gali trying to pass herself off as me. No idea why.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015