More Ideas Dream Big

It seems like a new project on LEGO Ideas has been reaching ten thousand votes every day. The latest two are 1969 Chevrolet Corvette by brickdater and RMS Titanic by Ssorg, which are both very impressive builds of famous vehicles. Everyone knows about the voyage of the Titanic and the '69 'Vette is arguably one of the most iconic sports cars in the world. I think both could make great LEGO sets and wish them the best of luck in the review phase!

View the full article

I am not so sure about the Titanic set. I have no idea what Lego's policies are on the matter, but having a set based on a real life disaster, even one that happened quite a while ago, seems like something the Lego group would find distasteful.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

The cutoff point for all the early Ideas projects is drawing closer, which I can only imagine is why so many projects are getting to 10,000 one after the other. This current review period's gonna be BANANAS.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I am not so sure about the Titanic set. I have no idea what Lego's policies are on the matter, but having a set based on a real life disaster, even one that happened quite a while ago, seems like something the Lego group would find distasteful.

If they can make a tacky Hollywood romance out of it, a LEGO set doesn't seem too bad.

Both of these sets look cool IMO, though with the Titanic one I would prefer the smaller version of it. I just don't see Lego making a $250-300 version of it, if they even approve the set to begin with. If if does pass, I think the smaller one would be better suited for a set. But that is just my two cents on this.

I wish them both luck in the review stage.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

i don't see why they wouldnt, since it's of the impressive ship and not the disaster that occured.

kinda like how even though lego can't have military themed stuff they have a war plane set because it's been stripped of context and is just a neat airplane. o:

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Titanic would be nice as long as it's the smallest variant- the other two are just too big to be feasible sets, judging by how things have fared in the past. The Corvette is also a very nice build.

It's nice to see such a variety of projects getting into this review period. There's both licenses and original ideas, vignettes and larger models, things made for display and others made for play. I don't envy the task the reviewers have!

BZPRPG