P~M

I feel like the island this year is unrelated to anything. It's just there so there's a place for things to happen. There was no world building at all, and moving to a new setting would probably hardly change anything. If this is the direction that Lego wants to go, then they should balance it out by better characters. The current Toas are pretty dull. They're all just like "Oh, I'm the best of us all." and then later "Oh, we must learn to work together." C'mon, are they like preteens or something?

I feel like the island this year is unrelated to anything. It's just there so there's a place for things to happen. There was no world building at all, and moving to a new setting would probably hardly change anything. If this is the direction that Lego wants to go, then they should balance it out by better characters. The current Toas are pretty dull. They're all just like "Oh, I'm the best of us all." and then later "Oh, we must learn to work together." C'mon, are they like preteens or something?

I agree that the descriptions of Okoto so far are somewhat bare. But I'd argue that that probably INCREASES the chance that it'll continue to be developed as a setting in future years. After all, this way they'll be able to easily introduce new features of the various regions as the necessity presents itself—without having to necessarily hide them underground, as the classic story always had to do when revealing any secrets hidden on the island.

And don't forget that the classic Toa took two to three years just to have the repeated lessons about working together finally sink in for good. Who are the preteens here, exactly?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Bioniclepluslotr, the Toa are acting like children because they haven't learned how to work together or be a Toa yet. If you remember, Tahu had no memory of himself before the Protector of Fire told him. That means that, naturally, he wouldn't have any social skills, especially knowing how to work as a team.

As for Okoto, It's got to be somewhat important. Otherwise, why would the first webisode provide the background about the island, what with Ekimu and Makuta.

NOTE: I started writing this reply before Lyichir posted, but I still wanted to post it.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg