What Are Your Fondest Memories With Bionicles?

Owlexander

My fondest memory is problem on a rainy day back in '04, building Vakama, Whenua, and Nuju. Another is me going out to Toys R Us and buying them on a bright sunny summer day. A fairly recent one is going down to brickfest, and seeing some of the old bionicles, and then getting back into Bionicle and the fandom and hearing about 2015 sets and preparing for those.

...then there's me earlier this year at 12:00am on New Year's Day trying to find all the 2015 sets, going from store to store.

But yeah, here's where you can share the memories of bionicle!

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Man, that's a toughy. Probably when I first bought Toa Metru Nokama in 2004/2005. My brother and I built her in the backseat of the car on the way home, laying all her pieces on a cookie sheet we kept under the seat for just that occasion.

More recently is on New Year's Day, when my little cousin and I got our first (gen2) Bionicles. I bought him the PoE and PoI, and I got PoJ, PoW, PoS, Lewa, Gali, and Pohatu. It's was really fun playing with them for the next few days while I was staying in North Carolina with my cousin and his family.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Man, that's a toughy. Probably when I first bought Toa Metru Nokama in 2004/2005. My brother and I built her in the backseat of the car on the way home, laying all her pieces on a cookie sheet we kept under the seat for just that occasion.

More recently is on New Year's Day, when my little cousin and I got our first (gen2) Bionicles. I bought him the PoE and PoI, and I got PoJ, PoW, PoS, Lewa, Gali, and Pohatu. It's was really fun playing with them for the next few days while I was staying in North Carolina with my cousin and his family.

Yeah, my fondest memories probably come from the earlier years, when I was just old enough to start comprehending things and being able to actually think. XD

• Upvote 1

|

Being cooped up in my room building MOCs all day is the most fun I've had with Bionicle. I've also got great memories of playing with them outside, making instructions and stop motion videos, flying the '08 Battle Vehicles around while making whooshing sounds...I was really young when Bionicle first came out, but I fondly remember building the Akamai Nuva, and buying my first Bohrok Kal (it was a Nuhvok).

When I was a kid, I went to school with a close friend who was also very into Bionicle, and we made these books about Bionicle lore filled with pictures and text from the wiki, and I had a book filled with drawings of my own original Toa/villain teams. I also consider the BFTGM to be one of my fondest memories from the series, as recent as that was.

I've still got a lot of old silly Bionicle videos I made when I was a kid, basically just recording myself goofing around outdoors with little MOCs.

IetTsFQ.png

One of my fondest Bionicle memories is when I found Lesovikk at my local Wal-Mart after searching for him for months. I was so excited that I found him that I literally ran across the store to the check out line once I picked up his set. 

Another one would be when I took out my entire Bionicle collection and placed the heroes on one side of my room and the villains on the other. I then took pictures of both sides. I had a lot of fun doing that.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Being cooped up in my room building MOCs all day is the most fun I've had with Bionicle. I've also got great memories of playing with them outside, making instructions and stop motion videos, flying the '08 Battle Vehicles around while making whooshing sounds...I was really young when Bionicle first came out, but I fondly remember building the Akamai Nuva, and buying my first Bohrok Kal (it was a Nuhvok).

When I was a kid, I went to school with a close friend who was also very into Bionicle, and we made these books about Bionicle lore filled with pictures and text from the wiki, and I had a book filled with drawings of my own original Toa/villain teams. I also consider the BFTGM to be one of my fondest memories from the series, as recent as that was.

I've still got a lot of old silly Bionicle videos I made when I was a kid, basically just recording myself goofing around outdoors with little MOCs.

Forgive me for not knowing, but what's the "BFTGM"?

I remember trying to get my parents to fight with tarakavas with me. I also remember everytime a new wave came and my mom would bring me to toys r us, I would freak out as soon as I could see the shelves they were on. I was usually only to get maybe one or two a year for a while until I was older. Now I've since been filling in gaps in my collection and those are definitely becoming fond memories, everytime I open a box with a set I wish I had when I was a kid.

Edited by JanitorJake

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

Forgive me for not knowing, but what's the "BFTGM"?

Battle for the Golden Mask, I believe.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

The Toa Mahri-themed Bionicle website always gives me nice memories. My first experience with Bionicle was finding the Command Toa Hewkii game while I was on my grandparents' computer. I got my mother to take me to the store the next week and I landed my first set, Mahri Hewkii. 

I also have fond memories of the Bionicle section of the Lego catalog. My parents would let me read it during church, so I read over almost everything there was in the Bionicle section. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Probably walking out of a toy shop I've been visiting for many years with a huge bag containing Gali, Lewa and LOSS with this huge grin plastered all over my face. Or possibly my seventh birthday when I really wanted Lewa Phantoka, and I had a present from my sister that had the same shape as the Phantoka canisters and made the same sound when I rattled it. Turned out that, much to my disappointment, it was just a large jar of jellybeans. The next present I opened, from my parents, just happened to be Lewa Phantoka. :D

• Upvote 3

VBWj75sh.png

Probably walking out of a toy shop I've been visiting for many years with a huge bag containing Gali, Lewa and LOSS with this huge grin plastered all over my face. Or possibly my seventh birthday when I really wanted Lewa Phantoka, and I had a present from my sister that had the same shape as the Phantoka canisters and made the same sound when I rattled it. Turned out that, much to my disappointment, it was just a large jar of jellybeans. The next present I opened, from my parents, just happened to be Lewa Phantoka. :D

Sounds to me that your sister took Lewa out of the canister and replaced him with jellybeans, then your parents put the pieces in a different container. Am I right?

Christmas 07, opening a largish present that had all the Toa Mahri and the Maxilos set. 

Ahh memories. 

My Christmas 07 had the Toa Terrain Crawler and Toa Lewa (Phantoka). Great year for me.

Christmas of 07 was one of my favorites as well. I got Maxilos & Spainax and Gadunka that year. 

bZpOwEr

My fondest memories with "Bionicles"?

Well, there was that one time back in 2008 where I accidentally ripped open a tear in the fabric of space and time through the magic of SCIENCE.  It's okay, though, because I got to look at all these cool alternate universes while trying to figure out how to close the gap with duct tape.  Many of them had its own version of the LEGO Group, and there were quite a few of these alternate companies that produced their own alternate versions of the BIONICLE toy line.

I remember one BIONICLE where it was Matau who betrayed the Toa Hordika instead of Vakama.  Then, there was another BIONICLE where the Toa Inika actually looked like their Matoran selves; that one was really neat.  Not to mention that one BIONICLE where the Toa Mata went to the Three Finger Island and the Bahrag were actually giant spiders.  If I remember correctly, there was one BIONICLE where all the characters wore bones on their heads and practiced voodoo, and Pohatu just had these big adorable eyes.  There was even one alternate universe where the BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui PC game was actually released, but was criticized for its clunky controls and BIONICLE fans all agreed that it would have been better off if it had never been released at all so it could have been this cool, mysterious legend of a game that dissolved into vaporware and became the Holy Grail of BIONICLE.

The less said about that one BIONICLE where the Piraka were released with a tea party and hair-braiding accessories, the better.  Although, then again, I did like the Bohrok Raiders subtheme from that same universe... kinda wish some of those sets were released in our universe...

Then, all the Greg Farshteys from the different universes got together and helped me patch up the hole in the space-time continuum with duct tape.  This experience filled our universe's Greg Farshtey with such inspiration that he continued to incorporate alternate universes into his BIONICLE serials for the next couple years, desperately trying to tell us about all this cool stuff that he had witnessed, but, of course, we foolishly turned a deaf ear towards him because it quickly lost its novelty and we were annoyed that the end of Brothers in Arms was a complete and utter cop-out.

Anyways, that was a fun time, seeing multiple different BIONICLE toy lines all at once.  At least, that's what I think you meant by "Bionicles"...

• Upvote 8

I don't hold one particular moment in my memory: Instead, I think of the many times I have played with my younger siblings, creating our own world and acting out stories. Or playing the PC game and arguing about how the controls actually worked. Or reading the books and asking my brother if he was done with the next one yet. (Or the other way around.)

I don't remember buying or building. Just playing and reading.

Defy Expectations

Falling asleep in a pile of it then waking up and wondering why my back hurt XD. But my best memories was my first brick-con and all the cool creations back when Bionicle took up 4-5 tables

• Upvote 1

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

2007, Spring. I was allowed to buy one present at Walmart for doing something good. I had been on Bionicle haitus since 2004. Then I saw shelves and shelves of Barraki, and I was intrigued, because they were so different from the Bionicles I was used to. I got Takadox first, and then ended up getting all of them over the summer. They put the toys right next to the garden section, so I still relate the garden smell to Bioncle this day.

Probably back in either 2001 or 2002. Hard to pick.

One fond memory was getting Gali back in the day and playing the MNOLG. Just getting immersed into the story was really cool; I got Kopaka shortly after from a close friend.

The other was getting Nuvhok and Lehvak and being excited about building them. I still love the Bohrok to this day.

• Upvote 1

i often fondly regard 2009, when i made my first Bionicle OC (non-moc oc that is), then i proceeded to insert her into canon, ship her w/ a canon character romantically, and then, not dispose of her like the garbage she is, and resurrect her just last year like a horrible fandom memory zombie!

gosh do i have fond bionicle memories is what i'm saying. :u

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

• 1 month later...

Finding the large collection of Bionicle books that the library had, and spending many hours reading them there. Getting the Rockoh T3 for my birthday and spending the rest of the day building it, and then spending many hours staring at the Bionicle pictures in the back of each of the 3 catalogs. Having very dramatic battles with me and my friends' collection of Bionicles. And, more recently, getting holed up in my room building terrible mocs and then making even worse stop motion films with them.

...Good times.

2xu8Ptu.png

Either the day that I inherited all of my brother's sets or the time I went over to a party at a friend's house and we all built Brutaka together. It was a pretty story night out if I remember, and I had just gotten the set, I don't remember specifically what the party was for, but I brought it over so that we could all build it, but I ended up building the most of him because they were lego scrubs and took ages to find pieces so we started swapping out each step in the instructions. I got to put his mask on and it felt so cool because we all worked together to do it all. The former was awesome for me, but really just was my brother coming into my room with a small box and said "Hey Rico you can have these" and I took that as meaning I could have the rest of his sets, so that was really cool but overall anti-climactic. One of the more vivid memories I had was when I thought I broke Nokama Metru's Rau and freaked out for half an hour before realizing it was just some other translucent blue piece of plastic. To this day I don't know where that piece of plastic came from, but I still have it in the big bin of parts.

• Upvote 1

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Playing the disc that came with Matau. I repeatedly played it till the disc broke. Recently I acquired a sealed Matau Metru, which I opened purely to get the disc. The nostalgia trip was incredible.

My other rather fond memory was every time I opened a canister. You just can't beat the smell of fresh plastic.

• Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

My bro and I used to play "Bionicle School" under my bed where we dressed up our sets in old Barbie clothes and transplanted them into some combat-y school-ish setting. Like, Nokama would be teaching something then BAM, suddenly Visorak, and its up to all of her students to fight and look fab at the same time! We were odd kids. :P

The G2 Bionicle sets came out while I was home from college on break. My bro and I went to troll our local mall and bug our friend who works at the LEGO store for a bit when we saw them, and like the totally cool adults we were, we started jumping up and down, yelling, and hugging each other because we were that freakin' happy. 

I think a lot of my happiest moments involving Bionicle also involve my brother... he was the one who got me into Bionicle in the first place. I love him. <3

I have a lot of fond memories about lurking on BZP too... I'd binge-read all these comics in Art III, creep on peoples' art topics in Art I, and wish I was super talented and cool enough to have an art topic of my own. I think BZP was what prompted me to draw my own fanart and write my own fanfiction. Granted, I was 11 and therefore not very good at it, but BZP triggered my love for drawing and writing. That's a pretty fond memory to me. :D

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

When every I get Bionicles it rains for some odd reason. :P

I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!!!

It always rains on my birthday, August 6

My fondest memories would be first back in 2001. Memories long forgotten until I purchased the Gen 2 sets.

I would get the sets from ToysRUs, my mom would warn me not to build them in the car but I would never listen. By the time I would get home the sets would already be fully built. Unless we hit a pothole and pieces fell into the car.

Fondest memories include first getting the Toa Mata from the Lego store in 01, and play with then, re-enacting scenes from the comics, and building the Kaitas

• Upvote 2

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Haha I have so many. I remember getting the brown Bohrok when I was three or four and having to hide it from my Mom, playing with Matoro and all the other 2003 sets after half day preschool and kindergarten. Posing by Tahu, Lewa, and Gali at Lego Land in California. Watching the first Bionicle movie on the way to Cali. Building Makuta for the first time. Building Axonn and Matoro after picking them out at the store. Buying Gelu with my hard earned money. Getting Mata Nui gor Christmas. Haha Bionicles have and will be a great part of my life

• Upvote 1

Haha I have so many. I remember getting the brown Bohrok when I was three or four and having to hide it from my Mom, playing with Matoro and all the other 2003 sets after half day preschool and kindergarten. Posing by Tahu, Lewa, and Gali at Lego Land in California. Watching the first Bionicle movie on the way to Cali. Building Makuta for the first time. Building Axonn and Matoro after picking them out at the store. Buying Gelu with my hard earned money. Getting Mata Nui gor Christmas. Haha Bionicles have and will be a great part of my life

Why did you hide it?

• Upvote 1

cringe

Why did you hide it?

I was gonna ask the same thing! XD

|

That cold winter day on 2007 when my dad got me Mahri Jaller. My brothers helped me build it because i was like 4 or 5 at the time. Than i would use the crab as Jallers steed because i played a lot of MNOG at the time. And my frustration when the blaster didn't fire. 

Good times. 

• Upvote 1

:D AvakNuva   :D 

You cannot destroy me. No more than you can destroy the sea, or the wind. Or … the void. - Makuta.

76561198082006892.png

In late 2008 I had an assignment where we needed to 3d model a toy. Since this was the first time I had 3d modeled I decided to do something simple like a Mctoran. Then decided to with simple and model Makuta Krika. During that assignment I realised that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I don't think it would have been as clear to me if I hadn't loved bionicle as much as I did. 

first of all i have three

A very old one for me was in 2007 i and my cousin from the states where in my grandmas house and my mom decides to go to the mall and eventually we go to Kmart and my cousin and i went to the toy section of the store and we beg my mom to buy some Bionicles and i got Kalmah and Carapar my cousin got Kalmah and Takadox and when we got home we opened the sets we builded them and then we went to Bionicle.com.

Second was that my cousins mom owned an apartment close to the beach in 2007 also and that day we decided to go outside and explore... when we where leaving the beach we went to Walgreen's and i eventually found Hahli Inika my mom bought it and i constructed it in the apartment watching at the same time some Classic Ben10.

And last of all i was in the same Kmart of the first story in 2009 and my mom and i where looking for gifts for a friend that was having his birthday in the cub scouts let me tell you something im a bad friend because i then found guess who in the toy section Mata Nui of the Glatorians and what do i do i tell mom here it is its a great gift for him i choose to give him Ackar im so evil and then i beg to my mom to buy me Mata Nui incredibly she did and i constructed it in my bed at the same time watching Ben 10 alien force and then on his birthday when i gave him my present i pull out Mata Nui. 

• Upvote 1

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

• 2 months later...

Buying all of the Mata. One day I realized my brother had this brown toy, and I suddenly fell in love. I wanted one too, so my mum agreed to buy me Tahu if I got good marks. I remember I cried because I got to the shop too late and it was closed, and I could see Tahu through the glass. I remember assembling Onua in the backseat of the car on the way back home from the store. I remember I had to go with my dad somewhere because there was noone home, and he agreed to buy my Pohatu so that I wouldn't get bored. I remember getting Lewa and Gali for my birthday (what a surprise it was to discover Gali's mask is translucent!), finally completing the team. I immediatly built the Kaita and made them fight.

By the way, I thought Kopaka's shield was a rotating saw and that the hands with two fingers were guns.

Also, when I got Lehvak-Kal I decided I would take him with me wherever I went, and so I did for a month or so. It was like my pet, I'm surprised I didn't loose the Krana!

Edited by Hidron Nuva
  • Upvote 1

hidron_nuva_idea.png