LEGO CCBS Star Wars: Obi-Wan and General Grievous

I like them both, but Obi Wan a bit more than Grievous. I appreciate what they wanted to do with his arms, but it made other parts of him look really awkward. Still, these are the best non-mainline constraction sets I have seen yet, and I am planning on getting these. I also cannot get enough Bionicle sized capes.

• Upvote 1

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I wanna slap a Vorox head on Grievous and see how it looks. Definately looking forward to the other sets, and will get them, if not for pieces alone.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Grievous is sick. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I wanna slap a Vorox head on Grievous and see how it looks. Definately looking forward to the other sets, and will get them, if not for pieces alone.

Ooh... that could look interesting. What about a Vorox with Grevious' head?:P

Grievous is sick. 

Actually that cough is just part of his character arc.

:P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Grievous does look kinda gappy, but tbh, since i'm not a HUGE SW fan, i didn't notice the difference from his normally sekeletal form, and i doubt a lot of kids would care much either,

but LOOK! tan shells at last! and a decent selection too. now maybe we can see what pohatu looks like with huki's classic color scheme. :v

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

LEGO has posted a video to their Facebook page showing the General Grievous set from more angles! Looks pretty cool! And it definitely captures his unique posture.

I still think his chest plate should be bigger, but overall I'm quite impressed.

I was a bit unsure of how I felt about Grevious's legs earlier, but it looks pretty good now that I've seen it from more than one angle.:)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Not too bad, but I can hear people complaining about the orange already in the back of my mind (Stormtroopers are black and white, not orange, Lego). 

I think Star Wars fans who know the character won't complain about the orange — in fact, I've seen one complaint of not enough orange.

There's also the fact that this fellow is a clone commander from the Republic era rather than an Imperial Stormtrooper but I figure you knew that.

• Upvote 2

I don't know why I even came in here as I'm in the 'Star Wars Constraction will suck' camp but I'm glad I stopped by. I'm also glad the Summer wave of Bionicle is only setting me back 60 notes as I'll definitely be buying a grievous for my desk! Kenobi though (and by extension all other human attempts) looks awkard and fugly. On a robotic set like Grievous CCBS has a fighting chance, but I just think it looks terrible on humans. Obi-Wan's chest looks like clone/storm trooper armour for crying out loud... At least he has a cloak but those tan pieces are a terrible cloth substitute. At least he'll be good for moccers I guess...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

It looks like armor because it's supposed to be armor.

You misunderstand. I mean the whole huge torso piece looks like a big piece of armour. I'm a fanboy, I'm well aware of what Clone Wars Obi-Wan looks like and this doesn't feel right to me. Why not use the same chest piece as the Toa for that white armour on top of other separate tan pieces to simulate cloth? The cloth would still look awful but at least the layering might work better. 

+ Nice vid of Grievous, hate the back of those legs though. Worse than poor old Cody somehow :(

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I agree and it's basically just the new Clone Trooper body armor, which I really hate that LEGO did that to Obi-Wan and Luke Skywalker, but at least it's better then using the Ultrabuild chest armor and we get recolor of that instead of just Cody and Jango Fett having it (in fact it would had been better for Darth Vader having the Clone Trooper body armor)...        yes I'm planing on removing the printing.

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I don't know, I like General Grievous's design a bit? It looks like him and fits the character, though Obi Wan's head looks a little off to me, personally. I don't think I'll buy any since I'm only marginally into Star Wars, but from a glance that's just my thought. :B

Wow! Okay, so these are the best Star Wars constraction figures yet.

Obi-Wan (in his Clone Wars goodness) looks actually pretty great in the style. A pretty refined design definitely makes it look very human, which is an accomplishment in my eyes. Better than Luke for sure.

Grevious translates perfectly into this style and looks very complex and fun to build. I'm almost tempted to pick this one up. 

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Grievous just looks kind of awkward. The shaping isn't that great, and he's really gappy...not really in the good robot-like kind of way? He still looks fine, and the parts are great.

Obi-Wan looks really solid. Good parts in good colors, a cape, solid build...the front of the robes is a tad odd, but overall a solid build.

Doubt I'll get either, though.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

tn_15_04_15_star-wars-ccbs-grievous-obiw

Two new LEGO Star Wars CCBS figures have been announced: Obi-Wan Kenobi with 83 pieces and General Grievous with 186 pieces. LEGO has come a long way from the days of Ben 10 and Super Heroes Ultrabuilds and I must admit I'm quite impressed. CCBS with its occasionally bony look is perfect for Grievous and even Obi-Wan has been pulled off greatly, better than Luke Skywalker in my opinion. This is a bold move by LEGO and with Star Wars VII coming out later this year and with the huge popularity of LEGO Star Wars, I can definitely see these becoming a success. I look forward to seeing the last yet unannounced figures, Jango Fett and Commander Cody!

View the full article

I saw them.  They look stupid, weird and awkward.  General Grevious looks like he has too much BULKiness in the legs and everything else looks skinny.  For Obi-wan, Weird and awkward.

Edited by Gipsy Danger

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html