Your favourite bionicle music?

The Bionicle Music from the Power Pack CD and the ending song from MNOG are probably my top songs, followed by Hero by AIK.

Then again I haven't really listened to any of the songs post-Move Along...

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

The Le-Koro band is pretty catchy (MNOLG). Most MNOLG music was outstanding in its own way. It really fit with the whole "mysterious" theme of 2001.

The music from the opening area of Tales of the Tohunga was pretty catchy too. The main theme from the first three movies worked well.

I also listened to "Caught in a Dream" a lot back in the day. "Creeping in my Soul" also went pretty well with the theme of 2007 and the video it was used for.

"Rahkshi Rocks" was cool in a head-banging way.

It'd be funny if someone answers "Piraka Rap." Or "Singing Squid."

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

OH I nearly forgot about the Ko-Koro music for Tales of the Tohunga... Fits really well with the mini-game (Huai Snowball Sling) but not so much for the whole Wahi.

The only MNOG music I was particularly fond of was the background for the Tarakava battle. The raw vocals with the drums was a nice touch, and I wish that track lasted longer. The Pohatu minigame music was also pretty good.

But Cryoshell is where it's at for me. Of all the alternate rock that I've heard, nothing can beat Gravity Hurts or Creeping in my Soul.

bZpOwEr

Piraka Rap, Creeping in My Soul (because of the Creeps From the Deep video), and the MNOG song that VampireBohrok linked. I'll also add Bye Bye Babylon, since it was the soundtrack to 2009, one of my favorite years.

Oh and one of the songs from the Mask of Light soundtrack, with the pretty piano.

IetTsFQ.png

Pfft. Pretty obvious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPH2QEC6cPw

But really I love the entire MNOG soundtrack. If there's any game with a more perfect soundtrack for its atmosphere then I don't know what it is.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I like Cryoshell's self-titled album. You should check it out.

This sums up my opinion pretty much perfectly.

I've seen a lot of hate for Cryoshell... but when it comes down to it, their music continues to resonate with me much more than the fairly forgettable movie scores. And while I enjoyed the Power Pack, its hyper-aggressive beats tend to agitate me more than anything. Sometimes I just like something relatively melodic that you can sing along to, and Cryoshell provided that better than any other music from the franchise.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Hmm. From the movies, not much stands out. The MoL theme, the piano one, is really nice, as is Lhikan's theme from LoMN, but none of the other stuff is really very memorable. I also like a few of the tracks from Bionicle: The Game, in particular the main theme, Onua Nuva part 3, and Lewa Nuva part 2.

But more so, I do really like the music from the MNOG, and the other stuff Templar did. It all just sounds so Bionicle, so rich in the scope and mystery of the early days, from the eery mysterious telescope theme to the triumphant track played at the final talk with Vakama to even the ominous and intense Makuta battle theme. And those constantly recurring chants really impress the mysterious island vibe. Chillingly nostalgic.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I like the instrumental music from the games more than I like the albums and tracks recorded by cryoshell. They're just more pleasant to listen to.

Oh a note about music (hah!) When I downloaded "Hero" from the BIONICLE website when it first came out, I noticed that the lyrics didn't match what was written on the site. "To grow up strong and RE-DO wrong," rather than "To Grow up Strong, and Un-Do wrong." At first I thought it was just some sort of weird error, now I'm wondering if it was weird foreshadowing of some sort. (You know, considering how everything the toa did ended up helping Makuta win in the long run, rather than defeat him.)

Defy Expectations

At first I thought it was just some sort of weird error, now I'm wondering if it was weird foreshadowing of some sort. (You know, considering how everything the toa did ended up helping Makuta win in the long run, rather than defeat him.)

Naaahhhh.

The original song had "redo", but they changed it do "undo" because it'd confuse kids.

A little like changing "Philosopher's Stone" to "Sorcerer's Stone".

You can listen to the original demo here.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Mine's probably Hero by All Insane Kids. The MNOG soundtrack is pretty cool, as well as the Mask of Light soundtrack. The scores for the other three movies I'm not quite interested in, specifically Web of Shadows and The Legend Reborn's.

Cryoshell's music is alright. I like the tone of their songs, but not so much the lyrics.

The MNOG music was good, but my favorite would have to be the music from VNOG--the Voya Nui Online Game. It just really clicked with my tastes, and even now, nine years later, it's still my favorite.

Cryoshell is pretty great, too.

God, a lot of the music from various Bionicle media is really good.

banner.jpg

The MNOG music was good, but my favorite would have to be the music from VNOG--the Voya Nui Online Game. It just really clicked with my tastes, and even now, nine years later, it's still my favorite.

Cryoshell is pretty great, too.

God, a lot of the music from various Bionicle media is really good.

But, like, doesn't VNOG only have two songs? The normal one and the battle one?

Anything Cryoshell except for Face Me and Bye Bye Babylon. I'm also a fan of Move Along- it's used to great effect in the Inika commercial- and I regularly listen to Hero as well. Overall, though, Gravity Hurts takes the top spot; it just captures the essence of the years I grew up with so well.

VBWj75sh.png

But really I love the entire MNOG soundtrack. If there's any game with a more perfect soundtrack for its atmosphere then I don't know what it is.

Seven words for ya, buddy: "Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle"

It DOES borrow several themes from the original MNOG, though

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Seven words for ya, buddy: "Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle"

It DOES borrow several themes from the original MNOG, though

Of course, just pointing out that there are some original songs that I feel are better than some MNOG songs. In any case, both are great games with great soundtracks.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

The main theme for the Game Boy Advance Bionicle: The Game is pretty good (or maybe that's nostalgia talking), as is Cryoshell's stuff. There's also a track from MNOG that I still remember; I have no idea what it's called (if it even has a name), but I still like it.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Gravity Hurts, my friend and I love that song so much, it's sorta become our 'theme' so to speak.

The MNOG tracks are probably my favourite when it comes to Bionicle related music. While I really enjoy the music Cryoshell made for Bionicle, they just aren't as representative of the theme as the MNOG soundtrack.

MNOG had the best OST though... imo.

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

The movie soundtracks are amazing, also "Hero" and "Caught Up In A Dream" by All Insane Kids from 2005 are my jams. Great stuff right there. The soundtrack for the Gameboy version of Bionicle Heroes is also fantastic. 

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

The movie soundtracks are amazing, also "Hero" and "Caught Up In A Dream" by All Insane Kids from 2005 are my jams. Great stuff right there. The soundtrack for the Gameboy version of Bionicle Heroes is also fantastic. 

I only ever had the gamecube version that I played on my Wii. The music in that was pretty good. Shame the game wasn't canonical.

Yeah, the BIONICLE Heroes music was fantastic. Really amazing stuff. Remains one of my favorite video game music soundtracks.

Shame the game wasn't canonical.

???

I have to agree with Skeleton man, having BH be canon would not be a good thing. 

I think they intended to mean "Shame the game didn't follow the actual canon," not "Shame the game's hamfisted excuse plot wasn't used for the actual 2006 story."

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah, the BIONICLE Heroes music was fantastic. Really amazing stuff. Remains one of my favorite video game music soundtracks.

???

I have to agree with Skeleton man, having BH be canon would not be a good thing. 

I think they intended to mean "Shame the game didn't follow the actual canon," not "Shame the game's hamfisted excuse plot wasn't used for the actual 2006 story."

Hit it on the ball, Lyichir. I always wanted more canon games, but the only ones we got were, to my knowledge, Quest for the Toa, MNOG, MNOGII, and Maze of Shadows.

???

Hit it on the ball, Lyichir. I always wanted more canon games, but the only ones we got were, to my knowledge, Quest for the Toa, MNOG, MNOGII, and Maze of Shadows.

Maze of Shadows is officially non-canon, though it's based on a canon book. There's also the online game The Legend Continues from the Mask of Light site, which is canon. It was the first media to mention Artakha and was later referred to in the BIONICLE World atlas.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I really liked Cryoshell's songs, they were really awesome. Once in middle school, I used some of their songs for a project. A great way to get an easy A while having fun.

• Upvote 1

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf