What Is Your Favorite Toa of Ice?

Favorite Toa of Ice?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really like toa of ice, and I was wondering what society thought of the different characters. My personal favorite is Matoro, but that's just me. For the poll, I included all the main named toa of ice in the storyline, and those who had sets, but that's it. If I missed anything, feel free to notify me. Thanks! :)

Edited by Booky The Bookworm

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Matoro fangirl reporting in

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

This was so hard. Ultimately, I had to pick kopaka. His attitude and personality always really really clicked with me and his mata form has been one of my favorite sets since the beginning. Nuju and matoro are awesome too. All ice characters have always really appealed to me. Maybe that says something about me. I don't know. Either way kopaka and nuju are two of my favorite characters by far, and their mata and metru forms are two of my favorite sets by far. Nujus ice pick hook things are one of my favorite weapons/tools of all time.

Edited by JanitorJake
  • Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

Well, if this were based on universe-saving potential, then I'd go with Matoro. But it's not, so I think I'm going to go with Kopaka. I liked both set versions of Nuju, as well as Nuju as a character, but we never saw too much of Kualus in the story, and I'm just kind of nostalgic for Kopaka Nuva's set. The first one, at any rate. I liked his weapons, his mask was one of the less hideous Nuva masks, and I just remember having a lot of fun with it as a toy. His personality resonates with me, too, with him being one of the more aloof and logical Toa. The 2015 rendition of the character as a set, if you count that, is pretty awesome as well. That's not to dicount Matoro, though. I liked both sets of him as a Toa, and he was nice, I think, for not being as cold (the pun's unitentional, I swear) as other Toa of Ice. Plus, you know, he saved a universe and made a heroic sacrifice in the process.

Matoro seemed the most heroic of the mall,

The mall of america?

No, some mall other Than the mall of america.

I picked Matoro, but I'm going to have to agree with Toa Smoke Monster that Kopaka's friendship with Pohatu was pretty great. That was one of my favorite parts of the original book quadrilogy.

banner.jpg

I voted Toa Kualus because of his quirky behavior. It sure was a nice break from Kopaka and Nuju's sullenness to see Kualus. It's a shame that he only appeared in one year plus a few more serials. He could have developed into a very lovable character if he had more time in the spotlight. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Kualus has my vote on this one. All other Toa of Ice are mor or less copy-paste versions of one archeotype, while Kualus was sorta unique with his bird tongue, weirdness, awesome mask and weapons. Would've been nice to see what happened to him if the serials continued.

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Kualus has my vote on this one. All other Toa of Ice are mor or less copy-paste versions of one archeotype, while Kualus was sorta unique with his bird tongue, weirdness, awesome mask and weapons. Would've been nice to see what happened to him if the serials continued.

One archetype? What about Matoro, with his rich backstory, kind manner, and inferiority complex? Sure, Kopaka and Nuju weren't exactly worlds apart, but I would argue that Matoro is not from the same mold.

banner.jpg

One archetype? What about Matoro, with his rich backstory, kind manner, and inferiority complex? Sure, Kopaka and Nuju weren't exactly worlds apart, but I would argue that Matoro is not from the same mold.

He was separate from the bunch, had good development too I gues, but I'm not a fan of Matoro to be honest. :/

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

• 2 weeks later...

The mall of america?

I picked Matoro, but I'm going to have to agree with Toa Smoke Monster that Kopaka's friendship with Pohatu was pretty great. That was one of my favorite parts of the original book quadrilogy.

The America of Mall? and I always liked Nuju & Kopaka equally; but i voted Nuju just because :P

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

The mall of america?

The America of Mall? and I always liked Nuju & Kopaka equally; but i voted Nuju just because :P

I feel as if Nuju were to train Kopaka personally, he could have reached a new level of power, as well as the rest of the toa. But mentally, he would be the smartest of G1 in combat strats.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

The mall of america?

I feel as if Nuju were to train Kopaka personally, he could have reached a new level of power, as well as the rest of the toa. But mentally, he would be the smartest of G1 in combat strats.

I think that Nuju & Kopaka were very opposite characters and I really like that. I agree that Kopaka could've learned a lot from Nuju; both characters are smart, but Nuju added a lot more to conversations to help the team while Kopaka just tried to do a bunch of stuff on his own. I like both of them as characters, I really do, but I think Nuju was more of a team player than Kopaka which seems kind of unique to me give that Kopaka was previously the only Ice toa to compare Nuju to at the time, but also it really foils Kopaka (dramatic foil, which means that in a play/story, there is a character that is a reflection of another character because they are both similar in some ways and opposite in other dramatic ways).

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Man, this is a tough one.

Kopaka is the classic Toa of Ice, and I loved him and Pohatu's bromance. Also, his sword and shield as a Toa Mata were just awsome  :P

I always liked Nuju as a Turaga more than a Toa. He seemed a better fit for that role, since he was more quiet and analytic.

Matoro, like Nuju, I don't think was suited very well to be a Toa. Actually, in my opinion, none of the Toa Inika/Mahri were. Although, his sacrifice hit me right in the feels.

Kualus, if he were expanded upon more, would definitely be my favorite. But he wasn't, so I don't know enough about him as a Toa to choose him.

I'm gonna go with Kopaka.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Man, this is a tough one.

Kopaka is the classic Toa of Ice, and I loved him and Pohatu's bromance. Also, his sword and shield as a Toa Mata were just awsome  :P

I always liked Nuju as a Turaga more than a Toa. He seemed a better fit for that role, since he was more quiet and analytic.

Matoro, like Nuju, I don't think was suited very well to be a Toa. Actually, in my opinion, none of the Toa Inika/Mahri were. Although, his sacrifice hit me right in the feels.

Kualus, if he were expanded upon more, would definitely be my favorite. But he wasn't, so I don't know enough about him as a Toa to choose him.

I'm gonna go with Kopaka.

I agree that it would be nice if Kualus had more story role so we could actually consider voting for him

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Matoro because he always felt the least mean. :P Also I liked him a lot as a Matoran too. That being said I really liked quite a lot of aspects of Nuju's character - primarily though his role as a Matoran in Metru Nui and as the whistle clickin Turaga. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

For me, it's Kopaka. Mostly because he was the first Toa of Ice that was released as a set & because I can relate to him. However, Matoro is a CLOSE second, because he was a motivational character. And also because he died one of, if not the most heroic death in Bionicle.

I remember back in late-07 when I read that comic... :'(

Onua.png