What Artist Would You Like to See Produce Music for Bionicle?

Banana Gunz

I agree about Dream Theater. That band could make something epic. My only counter argument to that is that Symphony X & of course Evergrey (both bands and DT are the best in the progressive metal genre) would probably make something MORE epic and arguably better suited for Bionicle. Let's face this one fact: Dream Theater find it easier to write long songs than shorter, accessible (marketable) songs while SX & Eg write songs that average about 4-5 minutes in length and are more pleasing to listen to (at least to my ear). But Dream Theater is on point. I applaud you, sir.

Yeah, that's why I said kind of, lol. I think Dream Theater's shorter (commercial-length) songs aren't too great, and they really shine with their 7 - 15 minute long songs, which I'm sure is a little too long for Bionicle. But yeah, I agree 100% that progressive rock/metal would be a great genre to represent the line.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Snoop Dog and/or Lonely Island.

It's funny because both of them are aggressively adult-oriented. I really do hope you were kidding.

That doesn't mean they COULDN'T create more family-friendly promotional music if they were approached to do so. After all, The Lonely Island helped write and featured in the song "Everything Is Awesome" from The LEGO Movie. Honestly, the biggest issue I'd see with The Lonely Island writing BIONICLE promotional songs is that their work tends to be incredibly comedic and snarky, which might not fit the tone of the BIONICLE story even at its most lighthearted moments.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

What if we got a band like Five Finger Death Punch or Sevendust to makes some instrumentals for Bionicle (they are all in the same sound category as Disturbed and Skillet except heavier). I personally think a Five Finger Death Punch instrumental like this one could do some good:

It would be epic none the less.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Ramin Djawadi.

:shrugs: Just saying.  

Much agreed, the current music already has a Djawadi-esque sound to it, so it's easy to picture him doing his own, and after hearing his work in Iron Man and Pacific Rim, I'd love to see what he can do!

Cryoshell or Imagine Dragons. 

Has Cryoshell even done anything new since Breakout? I can't seem to find anything new...and yes, Imagine Dragons! I think Battle Cry proved that they can do songs that fit a franchise.

• Upvote 2

Breaking Benjamin because they're my favorite band. Aside from them, I loved All Insane Kids' songs for gen1. "Hero" and "Caught Up In A Dream" were awesome. No Cryoshell please. They were ok but I would prefer a different tone. I would also be cool with some mysterious, jungle-sounding music like we got in the earlier parts of gen1. I really like music from the animations so far with the wicked guitar riff and the 'epic hero adventure' style that is reminiscent of Marvel movies, so more of that would be great. I also really liked the whole 'Free the Band' thing with the Inika and the All American-Rejects. In fact, the became one of my favorite bands for several years as a result. 2006 was so awesome to me and was perfect for that time in my life: the combining of my 2 favorite things on this planet (Bionicle and Rock music). Heck, that still holds true today.

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 2

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I would love to see Dragonforce do some work for Bionicle!

• Upvote 1

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Wait...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_(series)#God_of_War:_Blood_.26_Metal

The link shows a soundtrack to God of War that various bands compiled together. What if we had a soundtrack like this? One solid album contributed from a bunch of good artists?

I think it would be epic!!!

Edit: I derped; I said one solid song...I meant album

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

You know, now that I think of it, the best artist IMO would be Big Giant Circles. He has a very distinct electronic/orchestra/eternal movie soundtrack style that would work great. He's already composed the soundtracks to like ten games. Here's a good song to demonstrate his style. It is a unused song from the Mass Effect 2 soundtrack: 

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

If I had the extra time, I would love to do some fan compositions for BIONICLE!

But if I had to choose, I would go with either Julie Giroux (check out "Before the Sun" and "Bookmarks from Japan"), John Mackey (see "Aurora Awakes" and "Harvest: Concerto for Trombone"), Frank Tichelli ("Angels in the Architecture"), Gavin Greenaway ("Reflections of Earth"), and the Bluecoats ("TILT" and "Brave New World").

• Upvote 1

i have a few that I'd like.

Imagine Dragons, Paramore, Skillet and Green Day

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

So...I have a question and an announcement that are each relatively on topic:

Question: What would you guys think of me producing a bionicle song?

Announcement: I'm currently working on some music and lyrics :D

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Answer: I'd say go for it! :D

Response: *takes sock out of your mouth* Get to it... :3

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I would not mind at all. This community could use more musical expression in general!

• Upvote 2