Strange glyphs?

P~M

Does anyone know the origin or meaning of the strange glyphs of this image from the Mata Nui Saga? I don't recognize them; they clearly aren't Matoran, but maybe they're Agori? I honestly don't know. Does anyone know what they are or what they say?

• Upvote 1

banner.jpg

I was always under the impression that those glyphs originated on the planet Imagination, located in the Artist's Mind Galaxy. :P

Or, if you prefer, artistic license, since those images were drawn as flashbacks for one brief web-story. Given that they exist solely in that one image, we can only speculate on what they might be.

• Upvote 3

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Considering u can see the Cryo shell logo I have to agree with Shadow its just artistic license because humans are confirmed not to be in the Bionicle Universe so that wouldnt make much sense if they were

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

:bigsmile:
*very excited!* 

I wondered this for a long time. Then i had an idea: what if this was the Agori language back before the Shattering? Well ladies and gentlemen, behold, for a few months ago I constructed an ancient agori alphabet by using the very glyphs you have pointed out (and a combination of both those given and personal ideas I had while trying to stay with the style)!

ANCIENT AGORI ALPHABET

agori_alphabet_4.png

As you can see, I constructed it to be based more off sound, rather then directly ripping off the Roman letters and the English alphabet; also, I removed unnecessary letters such as X, C and Q as the sound for those letters can be constructed with preexisting letters. I have been thinking about replacing the letter V or K with the left over glyph. I speculate that modern Agori would appear like a cross between Matoran and ancient Agori (going off of what Tarduk described on the slate of artifical protodermis that made him trek north); I haven't worked on that, but if anyone wants a crack at it be my guest.

Anyway, I hope ya'll like it!  :D  Here is the DeviantArt page for it.

Edited by Iaredios
  • Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

:bigsmile:
*very excited!* 

I wondered this for a long time. Then i had an idea: what if this was the Agori language back before the Shattering? Well ladies and gentlemen, behold, for a few months ago I constructed an ancient agori alphabet by using the very glyphs you have pointed out (and a combination of both those given and personal ideas I had while trying to stay with the style)!

ANCIENT AGORI ALPHABET

agori_alphabet_4.png

As you can see, I constructed it to be based more off sound, rather then directly ripping off the Roman letters and the English alphabet; also, I removed unnecessary letters such as X, C and Q as the sound for those letters can be constructed with preexisting letters. I have been thinking about replacing the letter V or K with the left over glyph. I speculate that modern Agori would appear like a cross between Matoran and ancient Agori (going off of what Tarduk described on the slate of artifical protodermis that made him trek north); I haven't worked on that, but if anyone wants a crack at it be my guest.

Anyway, I hope ya'll like it!  :D  Here is the DeviantArt page for it.

Cool! I actually found that on Google when I was searching around but I didn't know it was yours!

banner.jpg

How do we know what you deciphered is the real letters?

I think it is meant to be taken as fan-art.

Yeah I just made it myself. The glyphs are just gibberish in canon. It only really has worth in my fanon universe, A Rude Awakening. :D If you think anything should be changed or know what to do with that extra letter/glyph, comment below 'n let me know!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...

Artistic license, or if you want to believe by extension of the newly created Mata Nui at the time, a form of the GB language

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell