Onua, Mster of Earth (2.0 version)

MrBT

NOTE:

I know that I post it here far late, and I know that I have uploaded pics to flickr and submitted to BZPower group in flickr long ago. This is not the most sensible way to do it, post it here late. The reason why I haven't post it here for 3-1 week(s) is that I have been drained and have been busy at college. Most of a time I have time to upload the images to flickr and dA, uploading video takes some time, but posting to the forums takes a lot of time, so my apologies for that. I'm posting now rest of my revamped Toa Okoto, that being, Lewa, Onua and Tahu. I know this may be spamming, but I want post them so that I have my own time to do something else than sitting here and writing stuff.

Hello people (yet again)!

And you guess it what I'm going to show ya, here we have, The Sleepy Giant itself, Onua, Master of Earth (2.0 version)!

16711857830_9a7aa46c09.jpg

More pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/114946327@N08/sets/72157649173800084/

Video review: 

So, how should I say about sleepy philosopher hulk here? Well, obviously, he has a lot of details on everywhere. He's a bit bulkier, especially the trapezius area are a bit bulkier than previous version of my revamped Onua. 

Well, there are no tools and weapons also. I removed quake breakers, pickaxe, club (weapon type), and those claws also. Now it has a hammer, an EARTHQUAKE HAMMER! Good Mata Nui, good thing is that I have built it quickly so it didn't take like IT'S OVER 9 000(!) minutes, hours, days or years!

Obviously, I'm really happy that this is much better than the pre-redesign version of Onua. I have seen some people revamping their Onua into silver or gold, and I mean the armor add-on parts, those new vahki armor parts. Honestly, they're not bad, but I found out that they're a bit boring in my taste. I think with gold and silver makes Onua so catchy looking Toa. Overall, I'm happy that I didn't have to build the torso build this year, that would be pain in a butt.

• Upvote 8

Holy Mata Nui. This is absolutely glorious.

You nailed every single aspect that should be important in his character, and then some. This is easily one of the best mocs I have ever seen.

I'd pay for instructions, I want to build this so bad lol

Edited by Crezdonn
  • Upvote 1

I love how 'fleshed-out' Onua looks here, so to speak. He's well-armored, the detail, especially around the torso, and the lower legs with those gears, is near-perfect, not too blocky or rigid-looking, and not a jumbled mess of parts either. I like that you've given him moveable fingers that represent his old claw-hands and yet he still retains the ability to hold his hammer.
Also, toes. I like the toes.
(EDIT: I see he also has flat feet. Something he and I have in common. I like that you've given his feet a solid heel. Does wonders for the appearance I think.)
I do wonder- what was the purpose of adding the eyeglass? Is it so he can examine those mysterious purple gems that seem to be everywhere in the tunnels around his village, or so he can get in some light reading while Tahu and Kopaka bicker? :P
Also, that hammer. Karzahni, that is a sweet hammer.

Quite possibly the best revamp of the character I've seen so far. I really hope you do more. :D

Edited by Cirkitree
  • Upvote 1

I'm not that much of a fan of the heavy, greebled look that it's clear you were going for. No offense, it's a great MOC—just not my preference. But I do like that you maintained many of the features of the set itself, even unpopular ones like the use of both gold and silver (I agree completely that using just gold or just silver results in a much less vibrant and interesting color scheme).

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother