2012 Hero Factory Sets on Amazon

Amazon's German website has posted images and descriptions of next year's first wave of Hero Factory sets. It looks like the canisters have been redesigned, and even the larger sets will come encased in plastic. The prices have thankfully remained the same as well. It's an interesting lineup, with some old, familiar heroes and a bunch of new villains. Read on for the much-desired links. I look forward to these showing up on store shelves!

View the full article

it took you about 20 minutes to post this after the story went up on the front page.tehy look nice, and each set has "game points" for some supposed online game.but the packaging? seriously? zippered baggies?that is just disgraceful.thanks gatanui for reporting this story, it's a sign that the sets are coming soon

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Oh look, they're already up for Germany.I suppose that's nice for Germany.But I ran the page through Google Translate, and one of the notes about Evo said:"Everything about the colorful cult building blocks are available in our Lego Shop !"lol. Oh translator, you so crazy.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I LOVE SURGEi'm gonna buy surge and splitface. and black phantom.and at the end, i think you mean "on store shelves or hanging from those little metal sticks"because, these canisters have those holes on the top.

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

all i think about the sacks are... Respect The Pouch, Respect It! - quoth caprisun commercial. the sets are good and have some NICE pieces and the "hero sacks" are a step up from cardboard boxes, but canisters will by missed. :biorules:

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Looks like bulked up versions of the 1.0 sets. I'm liking a lot of the new parts they have. Judging by Furno and Breeze's helmets, I think its safe to say that the Glatorian head is making a comeback next year.

I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

Looks like bulked up versions of the 1.0 sets. I'm liking a lot of the new parts they have. Judging by Furno and Breeze's helmets, I think its safe to say that the Glatorian head is making a comeback next year.

Glatorian heads FTW! That means more Glatorian MOCs for us. :biggrin: Though I don't like the fact that they got rid of the usual six heroes per wave thing. I liked that. It reminded me of the good ol' days...

It's not being cheap; it's cutting costs in other areas in order to make the sets better. Note the increased amount of pieces in all of the sets? The reason that's possible is because of the costs cut from production of the canisters. Honestly, would you rather have canisters or beter sets, which we all buy Lego for anyways?-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

you can biuld buildings out of canisters, remwmber how the mahri canistwers cout be made into Mocs because they had axel holes? that was awesome

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

does any one know how expensive these are because i want to get Rocka and Black Phantom but i might get a different combo if they are too pricey.

As is said in the news article, the prices for each set size are the same as in the previous HF lines.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I've seen complaints on various other sites from people who have too many canisters and don't know what to do with them since they take up so much space. This new packaging looks like it will solve that problem. The packages are still resealable, meaning they can be used for storage, and hopefully they are still plenty sturdy. But at the same time they can probably be flattened to conserve space, unlike canisters.I like how the zipper patterns on the villain canisters each have that particular villain's face on them, while the ones on the hero canisters each have the Hero Factory logo. I also like the colorful and diverse backgrounds. They really make me wonder what the story for next year will be like.

Bah, i used canisters not only for show, and to hold some vahki, but to make builing for my bionicles, back when i played with bionicle sets more frequentlyhow is lego going to let kids use their imagination to make scenery with the boxes (barraki and phantoka sets, for example) when they only have a few puny zippered bags?

Edited by Bulik

Bah, i used canisters not only for show, and to hold some vahki, but to make builing for my bionicles, back when i played with bionicle sets more frequentlyhow is lego going to let kids use their imagination to make scenery with the boxes (barraki and phantoka sets, for example) when they only have a few puny zippered bags?

This.Just bad that they replace cans with bags. That makes it seem more commercial than destined-to-entertain...

This.Just bad that they replace cans with bags. That makes it seem more commercial than destined-to-entertain...
Well, plastic is starting to get expensive so if lego makes bags, then it will cost less to box them.
naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

I have no qualms with the redesigned packaging. It's great for saving up space. And, since the packaging isn't even the most important, it doesn't really matter.On the sets: I personally don't like the most. However, I'll see if I can get Rocka, Breez, Thornraxx and Toxic Reappa. They have mighty awesome pieces and Toxic Reappa looks really good.

I have no qualms with the redesigned packaging. It's great for saving up space. And, since the packaging isn't even the most important, it doesn't really matter.On the sets: I personally don't like the most. However, I'll see if I can get Rocka, Breez, Thornraxx and Toxic Reappa. They have mighty awesome pieces and Toxic Reappa looks really good.

toxic is cool but he does lack a lot of leg armor witch makes the chest armor look kinda weird.
naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

Looks like some sort of bag... don't really care for that, but if they are zippered(like ziplocs) that'd be kinda helpful. No more lost lids!

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

I suppose using imagination can be used without using canisters. I'd like to know how kids are going to make a cliff scene or a jungle island or really anything with canisters. I would honestly prefer to grab a cardboard box and use it as a bunker instead of something I made out of the canisters which is much more prone to falling over/removing cover from the said bunker before I want it to. Besides, the canisters in the past only have the fancy CGI on the front and set combiners/advertisements/legal disclaimers on the back. That, in my honest opinion, doesn't look much like any scenery I know of.And, quite frankly, I think kids will be having much more fun using the sets themselves, not what the pieces come in.As for the story itself, it's cool that these are coming to Germany now; I can only hope that they hit America soon.

overlordsukapon.png

I suppose using imagination can be used without using canisters. I'd like to know how kids are going to make a cliff scene or a jungle island or really anything with canisters. I would honestly prefer to grab a cardboard box and use it as a bunker instead of something I made out of the canisters which is much more prone to falling over/removing cover from the said bunker before I want it to. Besides, the canisters in the past only have the fancy CGI on the front and set combiners/advertisements/legal disclaimers on the back. That, in my honest opinion, doesn't look much like any scenery I know of.And, quite frankly, I think kids will be having much more fun using the sets themselves, not what the pieces come in.As for the story itself, it's cool that these are coming to Germany now; I can only hope that they hit America soon.
Well, you could use the Hero canisters as Hero pods. ;) I am very curious about the new zipper bags, though.The sets aren´t out in Germany, by the way, it´s just that they have appeared on Amazon. It´s likely they will appear in the US earlier than in Europe, most likely in early December.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

thats how they made the hero pods for the show: taking the boxes and adding special affects.and some of the orange phantoka boxes could be terrain for my mars mission sets, and the mahri cases could become a turret mount for their cordak blasters, and the toa canisters were... canisters. they make for better play when you are a young(er) kid.

Edited by Bulik

Bringing back the old masks SO EPIC!!!!!Rocka's new mask is a good touch, to.I also like how diverse the villans and heroes look like compared to how they looked like when Hero Factory first started in 2010!But, being an all-time BIONICLE fan, I liked the good old classic canisters.Having the boxes for the villans is one thing, but those containers just annoy me kind of how the Toa Mahri cardboard frame "canisters" did...

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?

I've always said I would take a LEGO set in a plastic baggie if they shaved off a couple bucks.Now my wish came true... without the price cut. :D

There's more pieces per set, though (maybe)!
Not just maybe. ;) Small-sized sets have 36 to 45 pieces now, as opposed to the 17 to 19 of 2010 and the 28 to 31 of 2011.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I'm mos def going to get these. And I personally like the new pouches that they're coming in. What a fresh change after 10+ years of canisters.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Although I'm not a huge fan of HF myself, Evo actually looked pretty cool. But what I'm worried about is [the bags they're in] if they get torn, they won't be able to be used again, right? If they're ripped, the pieces can fall out, and you can't store the sets in them anymore. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...