Ghidora131's Crazy Comics!

Ghidora131

Hello, proper thinking world!

Welcome to Ghiddy's terrible comic emporium of chaos, horrors and Cheetos. We hope you enjoy your stay, and lease feel free to divulge in a selection of the comics presented below.

Pilot Comic
Here

PGS arrivals

~T1S~

Pohatu: Master of Stone

FordianL

Arzaki

Toa Kayn

Season 1

Take a selfie...?

It's dah bad guy

Update 1.1

End of Ghidora?

Part 1Part 2Part 3

Character Intro

Double Trouble

Spooky Scary Skeletons

A Cake Calamity (Shadow's birthday)

A Ghidistic Birthday

Dark Presence

And then he came back...

Tenneesee

UPDATE: guest stars can come! please give a list of your character description in good detail, and they will be featured in a comic! (note: by filling out a character form, you are allowing me the right to do as I wish with your character.) Permanent guest stars are through invite only, so don't make a PGS application.

There's much more to come in the future, so stay tuned, and watch out for Koalas.

~Ghiddy~

Edited by Ghidora131
  • Upvote 11

MOTHER OF MATA NUI...

Wow, great job, Ghiddy! Thanks for giving my MOC some good work... and a fez, no less!

Also, I could only view the comic once. The folder isn't public.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Gr8 comic m8, I r8 8/8. Dallior's fez is fantabulous.

U bet, m8!

Yeah, Ghiddy, post MOC pictures so I can see how the fez works and I can replicate me!

Also, try giving the comics a better title like ~T1S~'s. It looks more... MLG.

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Excellent work, my friend! Others have already pointed out the few things you could improve on, so if you want a bit of help on that, just skype me or something and I'll show you a little walkthrough. :) Didn't think you'd be starting this soon, though. 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Nice to see another photo comic here.

I'll start by saying the comic is pretty entertaining. You've definitely nailed how to make the characters seem expressive, which is one of the hardest parts about photo comics in my opinion. Too many of them look just rigid, but the characters here look like they have some form of personality which is great. 

The MOCs themselves look pretty fantastic might I add. I think my favorite is probably Ghidora's, the suit is very well done. And frankly it makes the comic look more funnier/sillier. 

As far as what I'd say can improve the comics, let's see...

I'd agree with some other people that the text could be made to be a little easier to see. I think diving into a program like gimp (which is free) might help. Just learning the simple effects like speech bubbles or glowy/outlined text will do wonders to the comic in my opinion. My reasoning for this is so you can easily include effects like in the 2nd to last panel without confusing some readers. In the previous panels you established that Ghidora's text is white, but in that specific panel it's yellow. Obviously since he's the only character present it's assumed that he said it but still in future situations if you wish to use that effect with more characters present, it might be useful to have something like speech bubbles to point to which character is saying it. I can help you with that if you need.

This isn't so much an issue in this comic, but it could potentially be one in future comics. If the photo's background is similar or consistent it might be worth it to add a border around the photos so that it'll be easier to differentiate what is exactly happening in what panel. 

Also lastly is the photo quality. The photos themselves almost all look great, except for the 2nd to last one, the close up shot. Whether intentional or not, it looks odd. I guess it could just be the camera itself. Also as other people pointed out, that text in the bottom left that points out when the photo was taken would be best removed if possible. If it can't be removed then I know I can live with it. 

All around, it looks like an exciting start of a series and I'm interested in seeing more,

~Soran

• Upvote 3
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

First off, the fact that this was a photo comic was a pleasant surprise. As for the MOCs, they're pretty pleasing to look at. I especially admire the suit on Ghidora. It's a work of art. The story doesn't have much to comment on yet, but I'll have to check back for more. If there was anything I recommend you fix, it's the hard-to-see text and the time stamps, but you're probably fixing those. Otherwise, I enjoyed this comic. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

AHAHAHAHA!! I love it! :D My green is a little hard to see, so I might suggest using some better lighting as much as you can. But that entry line totally sounds like me. :P Well done! Do I have to change everyone's text individually? Or did my little trick affect the whole series?

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

...Depends... :P

I can just picture a comic in which everyone forms a line and I just change their text for them, resulting in them doing or saying something ridiculous. Eventually, it drives me up the wall. Then again, you don't have many characters (yet :P ), so it probably wouldn't be too bad.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Can I be a PGS? All you have to do is buy Pohatu.

He already has Pohatu. :P Didn't you see what mask he gave me? lol

Besides, you're a founding KF Leedur--Of course he's including you!

...Right?...

Ghiddy?

EDIT: Wait a minute... I just noticed something in the Pilot comic... You have a datapad, too! :D Is that the BZPad 2? Doesn't appear to have the hologram screen like mine, though. I've got the 3. ;)

Edited by The~1st~Shadow

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

May I be a PGS?

My self-MOC is black, silver, and gray, with a touch of light trans blue. He is a Toa of Sonics and wears a Mask of Truth.

He also has a pair of tuning forks that rest on his shoulders, kind of like spikes, I guess.

If you need another quick reference, just let me know.

Edited by FordianL

Do you happen to have a Kualsi laying around?

Just wondering.

Not like my self-MOC uses a Kualsi or anything.

Yeah.

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I take it back, I hate these comics now.

Ah yes. Good 'ol strongly opinionated Dane. 

Ghiddy, I'd like to point out that the timestamp has been stalking the characters ever since the comic started. Is he the main villain here? 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

I take it back, I hate these comics now.

Ah yes. Good 'ol strongly opinionated Dane. 

Ghiddy, I'd like to point out that the timestamp has been stalking the characters ever since the comic started. Is he the main villain here? 

^Do it Ghiddy.^

EDIT: I Would like to be a PGS... 

Great Miru, Black torso, Green upper limbs, Gray lower limbs, Jetpack, Le-Matoran, Perhaps a Flick fire missile here and there, and a Flip Phone. 

Edited by Dragon11603
  • Upvote 1