Around the World in Fifteen Seconds

Over at the Faber Files a new entry to the Turaga Files has been posted. Unboxing the Legend - Exhibit 021 shows off a video created by Ghost showing the scale of the Mata Nui robot based on the height of a Toa being 2.3 meters tall. With that in mind, you can see just how tall the robot is and how quickly it could run around the surface of the Earth. It's a pretty silly video, but it definitely gets its point across!

View the full article

FYI, folks, the size there isn't official and this is a concept piece. :) We already know the official size; see the BS01 page. ^_^ (Saying this here since at least one person got confused by that in another topic, and to try to stop false rumors before they start. :P)

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

why does this make me so uneasy...? XD

anyway...I'd give people a day to use this to calculate the ACTUAL height. I wonder if this can be referenced for canonical purposes...?

• Upvote 1

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

It's too bad this is going to be considered unofficial concept art, considering this seems to me like a much more reasonable scale than the final size given. (After all, this makes the robot slightly more suited for landing on planets than being the size of one would be.)

It also never occurred to me just how massive the robot's feet are. Huge feet and a tiny head. So weird.

• Upvote 2

For anyone interested in the MN Robots actual size in real life terms, 40 million feet in height (from BS01) translates to ~7575 miles. That's about the distance from Seattle to Nigeria.

Multiplying 40,000,000 feet by .415 to find average stride length, that is about 16,600,000 feet or 3143 miles. If the GSR starts in the upper left corner of Washington state and takes one step, it will end up just past Newfoundland by about 40 miles. 

AΨ 94

For anyone interested in the MN Robots actual size in real life terms, 40 million feet in height (from BS01) translates to ~7575 miles. That's about the distance from Seattle to Nigeria.

Multiplying 40,000,000 feet by .415 to find average stride length, that is about 16,600,000 feet or 3143 miles. If the GSR starts in the upper left corner of Washington state and takes one step, it will end up just past Newfoundland by about 40 miles. 

It also cannot possibly be the height of the robot in this video, as 7575 miles is only slightly below the diameter of the Earth. Clearly, at some point, the scale of the Bionicle universe was cranked up to a ridiculous size.

Is a Toa being 2.3 metres in height official? I always thought of them being around that, but I never heard anything about it until I read the description for this Faber File.

More or less, I think I had always seen them described as being around 7 feet tall, which is just over 2 meters.

AXKP5KC.png

That's pretty neat. I'm also really interested in the music Faber used, sounds a lot like Cryoshell to me. 

Very high possibility. I'm thinking given the early stage this video was created, the music could be an early version for Closer to the Truth.

• Upvote 1

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Is a Toa being 2.3 metres in height official? I always thought of them being around that, but I never heard anything about it until I read the description for this Faber File.

I think that was established in the very early years when they were giving out conversions to the measurements of Kios and Bios.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

It also cannot possibly be the height of the robot in this video, as 7575 miles is only slightly below the diameter of the Earth. Clearly, at some point, the scale of the Bionicle universe was cranked up to a ridiculous size.

bonesii said this is concept and not to scale, and I do agree that was cranked up. I'm okay with that though.

AΨ 94

Where are we getting this 'officially official' height? Because this is a video produced with the input of the person who practically created BIONICLE, along with him saying 'this is a video made to demonstrate the scale of the Mata-Nui robot', with no mention of unnecessary and pedantic changes that ultimately make less sense than what is presented here.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Wow! Who knew that Mata Nui could be so big! That is very surprising. I had hard time comparing his size to the Planet Earth when he is 40,000,000 feet tall. Plus, I thought Toa are about 7 feet tall, the size of basketball players. Well, I don't know or understand how to compare feet and meters very well, but that is a good video. I liked the music. It's good.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I love this. It's silly but at the same time gives us a sense of scale of the Great Spirit Robot (initially, but I have to agree that I like this scale better than the canon one). It's also nice to see another CGI depiction of the robot, as rough as it is. The music is awesome too. Definitely sounds like a Cryoshell demo. But yeah, this one in particular put a big smile on my face. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg