What don't you like about CCBS?

jmflem

I also don't care for the New Toas chest plate, it looks like a bra. And in Kopakas case, he has nipples.

looks at kopaka chest plate i happen to own*

this is seriously a stretch as far as criticisms go. :t

Yeah... those gray things look less like nipples and more like vents, or as some people like to think of them, speakers. Y'know, like the ones on his thighs? Also, that upper-chest armor is a breastplate. It's designed to look A) Unisex, and B) Muscular. That's why it works for Gali and her brothers.

• Upvote 5

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

So, it's a Leias metal bikini?

If you're half-blind and brain-dead? Sure, it might look something like that to you. But most reasonable people will recognize that a breastplate like that isn't gendered or atypical for armor.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I mean, just take a look at the Hulk. Then take a look at the Toa. The Hulk has bigger pecs than even Gali's chest armor - heck, even bigger than my actual real-life block of flesh.

The difference is not the protrusions as much as their shape, and I can assure that the Toa's chest armor resembles pectoral protrusions better. Bras, whether sports or wire cup, are not that shape. Trust me, I know. 

• Upvote 3

If you're half-blind and brain-dead? Sure, it might look something like that to you. But most reasonable people will recognize that a breastplate like that isn't gendered or atypical for armor.

Dang, calm down. No need to call someone brain-dead over a chest plate! XD

Edited by Forgeta
  • Upvote 4

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Never would I have thought this would turn into an argument like this...

Though they are slightly exaggerated on the new Toa, I think the chests are fine. And on a man, a large, blocky, chest makes them look strong. That's what pectorals look like. If you think human anatomy looks weird, that's your own problem. :dozingoff:

• Upvote 3

Maybe Lyichir was a bit harsh, but you have to admit that Decepticonwarrior is being very obtuse, and acting like a little child. "It looks like a bra!" *insert explanations as to how it looks far more like a breastplate, and how it isn't a bra at all (two such examples from actual girls)* ... "It still looks like a bra."

• Upvote 4

Maybe Lyichir was a bit harsh, but you have to admit that Decepticonwarrior is being very obtuse, and acting like a little child. "It looks like a bra!" *insert explanations as to how it looks far more like a breastplate, and how it isn't a bra at all (two such examples from actual girls)* ... "It still looks like a bra."

This is exactly the issue. I'm all for reasoned criticism of the CCBS here, but DecepticonWarrior has not changed at ALL from his time as ToaSalvus—he's still a persistent troll, dismissing any and all opinions contrary to his own, using juvenile whining and name-calling to try and redirect reasoned debate, and popping up to add a "me too" to any honest admittance of personal dislike in order to give his constant negativity a veneer of legitimacy. This topic has featured many honest and valid criticisms of the CCBS—trollish behavior like ToaSalvus' does nothing but drown out actual constructive discussion.

Besides, I never explicitly called him brain-dead. I merely pointed out that it would take someone with serious deficiencies in logic or visual perception to look at an average-to-heroic-looking breastplate and see a "metal bikini". It's his choice whether he wants to take a good hard look at how his perception might be clouded or biased, or double down on his ridiculous criticisms in the face of reasonable objections like he generally prefers to do.

EDIT: In the time I took to type this, DW actually, if grudgingly, admitted his lack of knowledge on the subject. I guess miracles DO happen every now and then.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 6

So to be a BIONICLE fan you have to like dumb kiddish jokes? This explains so much about you :)

No, but to be a BZPower member you have to keep it civil when discussing a toyline marketed to ages 7-14.  Deep breaths, everyone.  (That goes for you too, Lyichir - I realize you're frustrated, but jabs followed by "but I didn't directly jab at him" don't help.)

• Upvote 3

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Thanks.

After years of being ignored (at school), I finally "got my voice" (here on the web) and guess I abused my power, I'm sorry if I got out of control.

I totally understand. It's nice to see you realizing your mistake. No hard feelings.

• Upvote 1

The secret, DW, is to admit when you might be wrong and accept the opinions of others as perhaps note valid than your own. This is how we learn. By the way, did you buy one or two of the sets you're so vehemently critical of? Otherwise, your opinion rings hollow. I read Twilight, which is why my opinion of it is secure.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Preface: This topic is mainly aimed towards the haters/general dislikers of the Creature and Character Building System (CCBS, or "Hero Factory" parts), in reference to it's use in BIONICLE's 2015 return.

Basically, I would like to know what you don't like about CCBS. What do you think is wrong with it? Personally when I first learned of BIONICLE's return I was disappointed with the use of CCBS in the sets. I thought it was "simple" and "boring". I was basically one of the "haters". Thing is though, I had barely any experience with it--owning only two simple Hero Factory sets--and hadn't kept up with Hero Factory after BIONICLE's ending. The more I researched the new sets though, I actually really started to like the designs. When I finally got my hands on some of the new sets once they were released, I was able to experiment with CCBS and actually really liked it. Nowadays I find myself generally limiting myself to building only with CCBS because of how much I like it, including some Technic as well of course. In my opinion, it's truly a remarkable building system and works very well as a system for creating playable, pose-able action figures.

My question to you is: why don't you like it? Have you given it a chance, or are you making assumptions, like I did?

I would like to keep this a clean discussion, not a rant. I am very interested in what your thoughts are. ^_^

I think they are good for hero factory but for bionicle, THEY SHALL NOT BE USED!!! Do you remember the old ones? They were PERFECT FOR BIONICLE!!!

Now, we got parts that shall not even be used in bionicle! So instead of reviving bionicle, THEY DESTROYED IT COMPLETELY!!!

Right, because stabler gear functions and better double functions, not to mention the fact that they're not clones, means Bionicle is destroyed.

Preface: This topic is mainly aimed towards the haters/general dislikers of the Creature and Character Building System (CCBS, or "Hero Factory" parts), in reference to it's use in BIONICLE's 2015 return.

Basically, I would like to know what you don't like about CCBS. What do you think is wrong with it? Personally when I first learned of BIONICLE's return I was disappointed with the use of CCBS in the sets. I thought it was "simple" and "boring". I was basically one of the "haters". Thing is though, I had barely any experience with it--owning only two simple Hero Factory sets--and hadn't kept up with Hero Factory after BIONICLE's ending. The more I researched the new sets though, I actually really started to like the designs. When I finally got my hands on some of the new sets once they were released, I was able to experiment with CCBS and actually really liked it. Nowadays I find myself generally limiting myself to building only with CCBS because of how much I like it, including some Technic as well of course. In my opinion, it's truly a remarkable building system and works very well as a system for creating playable, pose-able action figures.

My question to you is: why don't you like it? Have you given it a chance, or are you making assumptions, like I did?

I would like to keep this a clean discussion, not a rant. I am very interested in what your thoughts are. ^_^

I think they are good for hero factory but for bionicle, THEY SHALL NOT BE USED!!! Do you remember the old ones? They were PERFECT FOR BIONICLE!!!

Now, we got parts that shall not even be used in bionicle! So instead of reviving bionicle, THEY DESTROYED IT COMPLETELY!!!

You mean the brittle, overspecialized pieces that were relatively hard to MOC with? How exactly were those perfect, and how did the CCBS ruin Bionicle?

Do you remember the fun for building the old bionicles? They looked better and had more possibilities for MOCs! Now, you assemble a skeleton and put a shell on it.

Right, because skeleton + Technic + armor = complex.

Lalonde, I think he ment that Bio2s dumbed down building system, simplistic story, goofy character quirks, and lack of names for minor characters makes it far more kiddy than G1.

And I HATE that.

A dumbed down building system, and yet these Toa/"Turaga" have more pieces than their previous counterparts. Heck, the Protector of Jungle has more pieces than Matau Metru/Hordika.

^ When people act like this, I just *roll eyes*.

Lalonde, but the quirks are just done for cheap laughs. They arnt like "Although he hides it, Tahu is rather unsure about being the Toas leader, feeling that he is not worthy of such a title." Instead they are "Onua snores."

"Onua snores" is a subsection of "Onua falls asleep a lot because of his laid-back and peaceful attitude" which actually gives us a nice amount of info on Onua. :t (the snores part is to be funny, yes, but is that a bad thing? being funny? :0)

When this is suppost to be bionicle, there is no room for stupid comedy. G1 did it ONCE G2 is doing it IN THE BIOS.

Yeah, it's not like Bionicle is a TOY line or anything.

• Upvote 1

Something garbage.

I would like everyone here to start conducting themselves better moving forward. You can be passionate about your stance on the construction of Bionicle 2015 without insulting one another, okay?

Thank you,

Makaru

• Upvote 6

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Something garbage.

I would like everyone here to start conducting themselves better moving forward. You can be passionate about your stance on the construction of Bionicle 2015 without insulting one another, okay?

Thank you,

Makaru

I believe DW has stopped and he has apologized. It should be alright from here.

For what it's worth, I'd also like to apologize. I acted like a grade-A jerk (thank you, updated word filter) and let a bunch of little gripes snowball into a totally inappropriate outburst. I need to get better at stopping that from happening.

• Upvote 5

jmflem, yes I have, for reasons stated above.

lyichir, I accept your apology. :bowdown: and the fact that you admitted your mistake shows that you are willing you put the past behind us, as am I.

and to get us back on track, I don't like the clear bones, I have too many bad memories of clear lego parts breaking. I know people say they are sturdy, but personal experience with said clear parts still worries me.

• Upvote 2

jmflem, yes I have, for reasons stated above.

lyichir, I accept your apology. :bowdown: and the fact that you admitted your mistake shows that you are willing you put the past behind us, as am I.

and to get us back on track, I don't like the clear bones, I have too many bad memories of clear lego parts breaking. I know people say they are sturdy, but personal experience with said clear parts still worries me.

Trust me, CCBS does not break. That's exactly one of the reasons why some people, including me, like it more than the original Bionicle pieces. So don't worry about those snapping apart or whatever. LEGO knows what they're doing now. Don't really know what happened 2008-2010, but they fixed it.

• Upvote 3

Trust me, CCBS does not break. That's exactly one of the reasons why some people, including me, like it more than the original Bionicle pieces. So don't worry about those snapping apart or whatever. LEGO knows what they're doing now. Don't really know what happened 2008-2010, but they fixed it.

They may have changed the plastic, I'm not sure, but just by looking at the pieces you can tell the sockets of CCBS limbs compared to G1 parts are much thicker. I believe it was just a design flaw; the sockets were just too thin.

ok, but my pile of busted windows and windshields begs to differ. :P

Never had a problem with them, and have never heard of them breaking before :) Looking at the design I can't see how they could break, and there's a reason they haven't. Do you own/ have you tried any of the new sets yet?

• Upvote 3

Well technically, bones are made of... Na, I won't get all technical.

I meant the literal plastic bone pieces of the toys. Plastic is an organical compund, which in terms of chemistry means its constituent molecules are mostly made up of carbon and hydrogen atoms.

The term "organic" has a rather convoluted history, its greek root "οργάνων" used to mean "tool" once upon a time.

• Upvote 2

But I still think trans-bones are more machine like. I don't know why.

I agree here - they look like glass or colored clear plastic, like cases for robot wires and suchnot. 

Either that, or used in excess they make the figure look like a spirit ghost. 

Not that is bad, mind - I actually think that's a cool looking design feature.