What Packaging would you like to see for Bionicle 2015?

Owlexander

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Foil bags? Two words: NEVER AGAIN! I couldn't stand those because they were hard to open without a knife or tool of some sort, while cans usually twisted open or the boxes could be opened with a "push in" tab."

I don't know where you live, but in the US, you usually do need a knife or tool of some sort to open the boxes.

"But I also just thought the bags were flimsy and increased the risk of damaging parts, but beyond that, it didn't feel like buying a toy, it felt more like an edible product."

This is one of the most nonsensical complaints of the bags. Edible products come in much smaller bags, minifigure sized to be exact. Also, the only way the parts would be damaged would be if they were rubber. Other than that, nothing.

"Just out of curiosity, how many toys do you know that come in bags in a similar fashion to Hero Factory (and for all the smart alecs out there, please don't say everything comes in a bag when the store bags it for you or anything along those lines  :glare: )"

Minfigures, Jurassic World blind bags, Mega Blocks blind bags, etc. If anything, THEY felt like buying edible products (except for the big Jurassic World blind bag).

Edited by ToaMarkSurge

I don't care about keeping the boxes and lego boxes are super easy to open compared to those foil bags from Hero Factory. Just saying.

The size of the bag is what I meant. Mini figure bags and poly bag sets are practical. I don't think that bags for a toa sized figure are, however. And I meant the exact foil bag material, not bags in general. How many OTHER toy companies use the FOIL bags to package their products? Also, I realize I said edible products, but dog food (at least I get for my dog) is sold in varying bag sizes, some of which are comparable to the foil bags used for Hero Factory.

But I digress. You get my point though: I don't like foil bags, even if my reasons seem poor.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I don't care about keeping the boxes and lego boxes are super easy to open compared to those foil bags from Hero Factory. Just saying.

The size of the bag is what I meant. Mini figure bags and poly bag sets are practical. I don't think that bags for a toa sized figure are, however. And I meant the exact foil bag material, not bags in general. How many OTHER toy companies use the FOIL bags to package their products? Also, I realize I said edible products, but dog food (at least I get for my dog) is sold in varying bag sizes, some of which are comparable to the foil bags used for Hero Factory.

But I digress. You get my point though: I don't like foil bags, even if my reasons seem poor.

1: Who said anything about keeping the boxes? Also, you need to cut open an HF bag just like for a box (in the US).

2: Any company to ever do blind packages ever. Also, it doesn't matter it they're foil or not, they're bags nonetheless.

3: Dog food bags are more comparable to charcoal bags than HF bags.

1: Who said anything about keeping the boxes? Also, you need to cut open an HF bag just like for a box (in the US).

2: Any company to ever do blind packages ever. Also, it doesn't matter it they're foil or not, they're bags nonetheless.

He's talking about these: 71glKZLz-uL._SX466_.jpg

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

He's talking about these: 71glKZLz-uL._SX466_.jpg

Now it's harder for me to see how buying an HF set in a bag (which shows no indication of edibility in anyway) is like buying food of any kind.

"Now it's harder for me to see how buying an HF set in a bag (which shows no indication of edibility in anyway) is like buying food of any kind."

It's not what's on the bag, it's the texture of the bag. It's the same material that's used in that dog food that Marvel Nui brought to the table as evidence. Just by the way, I'm not the only one who's made this argument. In fact, I didn't even hold this opinion until I saw someone else on here posting something about it.

​And some people do indeed cut open LEGO boxes. I cut open boxes at times, however, I can rip LEGO boxes open WITHOUT a knife or tool. I can't say the same for the Hero Factory bags.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

"Now it's harder for me to see how buying an HF set in a bag (which shows no indication of edibility in anyway) is like buying food of any kind."

It's not what's on the bag, it's the texture of the bag. It's the same material that's used in that dog food that Marvel Nui brought to the table as evidence. Just by the way, I'm not the only one who's made this argument. In fact, I didn't even hold this opinion until I saw someone else on here posting something about it.

​And some people do indeed cut open LEGO boxes. I cut open boxes at times, however, I can rip LEGO boxes open WITHOUT a knife or tool. I can't say the same for the Hero Factory bags.

Several people also argue that a tomato is a vegetable. Doesn't make them right though.

You obviously don't know how LEGO sets are packeged in the US. Here, boht flaps have tape on them, which you have to remove WITH a knife or a tool. Try it with your finers (while trying to keep the packaging looking good), and you'll end up very very frustrated. Also, what's so bad about the fact that the bags are durable?

Several people also argue that a tomato is a vegetable. Doesn't make them right though.

You obviously don't know how LEGO sets are packeged in the US. Here, boht flaps have tape on them, which you have to remove WITH a knife or a tool. Try it with your finers (while trying to keep the packaging looking good), and you'll end up very very frustrated. Also, what's so bad about the fact that the bags are durable?

Um...I live in the U.S. and I buy my sets at U.S. stores like Wal*Mart. But whatever dude.

Back to the actual topic, I do like canisters in terms of storage after purchase, but I also like displaying my Bionicles so I like boxes as well since I have no obligation to keep them.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I don't know a lot of other toy companies that packaged things in resealable foil pouches BEFORE the Hero Factory sets introduced them. However, after that, Playmobil started using resealable foil pouches for some of their sets, so clearly LEGO isn't the only toy company that thought it was a good idea. Some Mega Bloks sets also come in resealable bags, as do the Nanoblock kits from Japan and some brands of kids' jigsaw puzzles. Even card games like Uno and Memory, creative materials like Play-Doh, and  have recently experimented with this type of packaging. Just do a Google image search for "toy/game resealable bag" and you'll find dozens of examples. Resealable pouches are one instance where LEGO was a pioneer in a new style of packaging for the toy industry.

• Upvote 3

Have you seen chlorine tablets? Not all come in a huge bucket, some are sold in pairs in baggies.

I never heard of chlorine tablets.  But I did hear hear the word chlorine  :P .

Do you have a pool? If so, what you probibly stick in the filter is a chlorine tablet. They are about the size of a large cookie and are a freckled white color.

Sounds tasty. ;P

I don't get it.

I said they were cookie sized, so Forgeta said they'd be tasty. Lol.

• Upvote 2