Inspiration for an Island... I Mean Robot

After yesterday's video, Christian Faber has decided to update the Faber Files with more information about Mata Nui. Turaga Files - Unboxing the Legend - Exhibit 022 shows some of the original artwork and designs for the Mata Nui island and robot and how the two fit together. It's admittedly not canon, but it gives you an idea of what the story team was going for back before Bionicle was even released. Apparently Mata Nui is supposed to be a mountainous version of Denmark!

View the full article

This isn't the canon height is it? 3150 KM is 10 million feet.

Is there an official size comparison between Mata Nui and Metru Nui?

They were both given their lengths in Kios back when they were first introduced.Its underneath the landscape sections of their articles on BS01.

Edited by J46 Nui

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

This isn't the canon height is it? 3150 KM is 10 million feet.

Is there an official size comparison between Mata Nui and Metru Nui?

I recall Mata Nui being 10 times the size of Metru Nui, but don't quote me on that.

In any case, I can't unsee Mata Nui and Denmark's relation anymore. Ah well.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I love this file. It gives a great idea about comparing the Great Spirit Robot's body to Earth visually. Who knew that Mata Nui's face (aka the island of Mata Nui) is like the size of Demark as the island of Mata Nui is inspired by Demark. Boy, that's very huge. I always had hard time visualizing the size comparisons. Though this may be non-canon, I liked the picture because they, as I said, give a great idea about the size comparisons.

Anyway, I do love the Faber Files. They are cool every time a new one shows up.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)