Favorite Youtubers

This topic is created so I, DarkCloud, can explore new youtubers. I love youtube and use it for my news, education, and entertainment. I believe I am subscribed to a vast variety of youtube channels. I feel like me sharing these channels, with you, will make you laugh, cry, and become smart. I also want to expand the people I am subscribed to.

Here are my subs organized:

9 Collections

1.jpg photo.jpg

Entertainment

22 channels

1.jpg 1.jpg

Gaming

45 channels

photo.jpg photo.jpg

HermitCraft

14 channels

photo.jpg photo.jpg

Mindcrack

25 channels

photo.jpg 1.jpg

Pranks

11 channels

1.jpg photo.jpg

Science

20 channels

photo.jpg 1.jpg

Tech/Shows

38 channels

1.jpg 1.jpg

Vlogs/News

10 channels

photo.jpg photo.jpg

Yogscast

18 channels

Edited by Black Six

Nowadays, I rarely venture out beyond a circle of five gaming YouTubers, but I've come across a lot of interesting ones that I don't watch as much as I used to. These guys are Tobuscus, Did You Know Gaming?, list25, WatchMojo, The JWittz, ABrandontothePast, The Game Theorists, and possibly more, but I might have forgotten them. Anyway, here are the five YouTubers that I watch regularly.

TheGamerFromMars

I'm starting off mellow here. TheGamerFromMars is something like an informant of sorts; he makes weekly videos full of video game-related info with the occasional opinion. Overall, he isn't much to write home about, but I still enjoy watching his videos and you should definitely give him a try. He makes a lot of theory videos that are pretty interesting too.

brutalmoose

This is where it picks up. Brutalmoose follows a formula very similar to the three YouTubers I'm gonna mention after him. He's the video game review type of guy, where he goes through a game (usually a bad one, but sometimes a good one) basically through its entirety and reviews it along the way. He's not as funny as the others I'm about to mention, but definitely check him out. He's pretty fun to watch, but he mostly does edutainment games (little kids' games) with the occasional older kid game.

ProJared

This guy's really good! He appeals to both the humorous and serious audience with his different kinds of reviews. He does long, humorous ones, ones that last under a minute, extended thoughts on one minuted reviewed games, and serious reviews that are about 10 minutes or less. He'll review good and bad games, but overall, you'll have fun watching him review any quality of game.

Caddicarus

He's sorta just a less funny, British version of the last guy I'm going to bring up, but he has his own charm that makes him unique on YouTube. The main thing he does on his channel is the dirty deed of deciding whether a game gets slaughtered or salvaged, meaning simply judging if a game is good or not. While most gaming YouTubers have a broad range of games and systems, this guy mainly reviews games from the Playstation 1-2. I think it has something to do with nostalgia, but they're basically the only two systems he'll touch, apart from the PS3-4 and the PC, which he rarely goes to, by the way. His style of humor usually comes from some kind of mental instability, as this guy will straight-up scare you at times. No, he's not the horror type of gamer, but his version of humor is making his voice all weird at times and showing himself being insane. However, it ends up being pretty funny. He'll catch you off guard with his humor sometimes, but I guarantee he'll make you laugh. If I'm wrong, you get a full refund, no extra charge.

Now, here's the funniest guy I watch. He's so funny, he blows all four of these guys out of the water.

JonTron

If you found this guy's channel, you went to the right place. This guy is funnier than a cat that fell into a bathtub. JonTron is one of those guys who reviews bad to mediocre games, and the bad games are when he's at his funniest. First off, when he's mad, his voice is hilarious. Secondly, he says and does hilarious things. He's not as weird as Caddicarus, but he's done stuff. One time, he had this total meltdown that I watch whenever I need to question my sanity. You'll have to find out which video it's in. ;) Anyway, he also gets pretty sarcastic when he sees something he doesn't like, which is pretty common. Overall, I recommend this guy 100%.

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

TotalBiscuit: No fluff game reviews, in depth exploration of mechanics, graphics, etc. 

AngryJoe: More for entertainment purposes

Worth A Buy: 3/4th's AngryJoe, 1/4th TotalBiscuit, with a splash of NE English Accent.

Ashens: Funny reviews of nasty food and bootleg products. 

Boogie2988: Heartfelt real talk about video games and life. 

cutlerylover: A very general channel, things from knives, guns, to cooking. 

DavidSoComedy: A comedian, ghetto humour and vlogs.

JustKiddingNews: Funny commentary on current events that you can tune out to.

Innerfidelity: Headphone reviews.

JANGBRiCKS: LEGO set reviews as well as MoCs.

JimmyDiresta: Woodworking and MetalWorking to an extent.

JonTronShow: It's JonTron. Super funny reviews of older games.]

LinusTechTips: PC related Tech, other tech is reviewed as well.

Matthias Wandel: Creative Woodworking.

peaugh: Transformer toy reviews.

penguinz0: Funny NSFW commentary on bad games. 

YourMovieSucksDOTorg: Funny and still in depth movie reviews.

Skallagrim: Historical European Martial Arts, Swordfighting and the like.

Edited by Draven
  • Upvote 2

AΨ 94

"YouTuber" is an awfully broad term that could refer to a lot of different things, but since this topic seems to be focused primarily on the YouTube gaming community, I guess I'll limit my post to just that.

I used to watch channels like the Yogscast, Markiplier, CaptainSparklez, etc. but over time they just started annoying the heck out of me and I ended up going on a mass-unsubbing spree a few months back. incessant screaming and raving about every single god-awful YouTube-bait flavor-of-the-month game are not things I find particularly funny or interesting.

nowadays I'm just subbed to TotalBiscuit, Jim Sterling, Dodger (PressHeartToContinue/Dexbonus), Jesse Cox, Sips (AKA the only good part of the Yogscast), Ross Scott (Accursed Farms), Jerma, STAR, and AllShamNoWow.

Edited by Ryuujin
  • Upvote 5

Mainly Coestar, though he's done more on Twitch than YouTube lately.  He reached 500 consecutive nights of streaming this past Saturday.

Some others, in no particular order, are Guude, Arkas, AvidyaZEN, Phedran, Bobololo, Ross Scott, and Mehdi Sadaghdar.  A couple of these also cross over into Twitch territory.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

Since we're all doing gaming channels, I am currently subscribed to TotalBiscuit, Jim Sterling, Yahtzee Croshaw, Dodger, Tom Francis, Northernlion, RockLeeSmile and JSmithOTI.

As far as non-gaming related channels go, it's mostly just specific bands and artists, but I'll give a mention to 331Erock, aka Eric Calderone, who does awesome metal covers of various popular songs and soundtracks.

Edited by Emilie Autumn
  • Upvote 1

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I just watch GameGrumps or Markiplier for game content. Otherwise I just jump around at random, years ago I used to watch Tobuscus? But I think I only really watched his Amnesia playthrough and literal trailers when they were really popular.

OH! And WoodenPotatoes for Guild Wars 2 lore videos, and there was someone I used to watch for World of Warcraft and Dark Souls lore but I can't recall their channels.

Edited by Goddess of the Dark Sun

Here's a shortlist of my favourites:

• ashens
  • Caddicarus
  • Eddsworld
  • HelloGreedo
  • HowToBasic
  • JonTronShow
  • Larry Bundy Jr
  • Lazy Game Reviews
  • League of Super Critics
  • Linkara-AtopTheFourthWall
  • TheMysteriousMrEnter
  • PushingUpRoses
  • brutalmoose
  • PeanutButterGamer

Splendid people - all of them.

Edited by CHTrilogy
  • Upvote 2

~ CHTrilogy

I am going to shamelessly self-advertise myself here. My channel is called RC15O5. I don't produce music, but upload it. I have a demo video in the main-menu area of my channel. Give it a spin, and see what you fancy; my most popular videos are songs by the 'epic rock' band Les Friction (epic meaning a mix of orchestra, choir and other blends to create a feeling of, well, 'epicness').

A couple of other channels that I like are:

Crash Course, more specifically the Crash Course History series: The host of that series is very fair and does not white-wash it with politically correct propaganda like the public school systems, but tries to be neutral while sometimes giving his personal opinion on something. He isn't perfect, but most of the time you won't find him always blaming stuff on beliefs of man but really the men and women themselves. Nice change compared to what else is out there. Heck, he corrected other historians by saying that the name 'byzantine empire' never historically existed and they called themselves the Roman Empire, which they were; for recognizing this he automatically gets a digital cookie from this guy!

RebelTaxi. You like cartoons? This guy's entire thing is about reviewing cartoons, giving out cartoon-related news and interviewing cartoon creators, artists and animators. He has a bit of a potty mouth and guttered head, but he makes himself professional when interviewing people. He doesn't show his face, rather, he animates himself as a little cartoon guy with a mic in a supped up space station-type of place. He is mostly funny, so I would give him a try if you like to watch cartoons; I wouldn't let kids watch his videos though. 

JeremyJahns: Another movie reviewer, but he is pretty fair and can be funny, and I agree with most of the stuff he talks about. He also reviews pilots and TV series.

Arumba: If you like strategy games and play games on the PC, this is the guy to watch. He often runs multi-player campaigns with friends who also have their own channels. It's interesting to see all the different sides of alternate history being produce and each others' reactions when a betrayal or random stuff happens. "What? Declaring war?! Why?!! I thought we were friends!? D:" "Sorry, but I like the look of the land you have there, it will make the shape of my country look better" "I WILL KILL YOU!" Stuff like that. Once I launch a channel of my own that is like this, I hope that one day I can play a game with him. :P

TTV, or, thethreevirtues: A YouTube channel made by the Bionicle community, for the Bionicle community. If you are a fan of Bionicle, take a pit stop over here and you are sure to find something to like.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

There are many parts of YouTube that are not used. I have noticed that a lot of my friend don't even bother subscribing. I highly suggest subscribing to every YouTuber you like. Yogscast was one of my favorite YouTube group and got me into YouTube, but as I grew I noticed that some of their content was dumb (After Shadow of Isreafel Ended)... Can I say that?... Now I keep them in a folder for a rainy day. Keeping a subscription helps the YouTuber get more subs. I know it gets crowded with all the feed spamming your... well.. feed, but you can turn on what goes into your feed or not; for insistence, I love to hear Ted Talks, but they produce 20 videos a day. That is to much and most of them are junk. You can go to manage subscriptions to fix that and uncheck the "show feed" check box. Also, I suggest all of you take the time to organize your subscriptions. It is great for me to be able to say, "hey I want to watch some mindcrack". Then, I go into my folder and am able to see all the mindcrackers.

My favorite groups are: Mindcrack, Hermitcraft, Buffalo Wizards, Node, and Rooster Teeth.

If you are done watching all of Daredevil, another great, but funny, show is on YouTube! It is called Video Game High School and it is very well made. It has ended :(  so you can watch all of the seasons. It is made by Rocket Jump.    

Mainly Coestar, though he's done more on Twitch than YouTube lately.  He reached 500 consecutive nights of streaming this past Saturday.

Some others, in no particular order, are Guude, Arkas, AvidyaZEN, Phedran, Bobololo, Ross Scott, and Mehdi Sadaghdar.  A couple of these also cross over into Twitch territory.

So you Like MindCrack... I think we are alike. You would also enjoy HermitCraft :( Etho and Docm77 left MindCrack for it. UHC is coming on the 25. I may start a forum for that.

"YouTuber" is an awfully broad term that could refer to a lot of different things, but since this topic seems to be focused primarily on the YouTube gaming community, I guess I'll limit my post to just that.

I used to watch channels like the Yogscast, Markiplier, CaptainSparklez, etc. but over time they just started annoying the heck out of me and I ended up going on a mass-unsubbing spree a few months back. incessant screaming and raving about every single god-awful YouTube-bait flavor-of-the-month game are not things I find particularly funny or interesting.

nowadays I'm just subbed to TotalBiscuit, Jim Sterling, Dodger (PressHeartToContinue/Dexbonus), Jesse Cox, Sips (AKA the only good part of the Yogscast), Ross Scott (Accursed Farms), Jerma, STAR, and AllShamNoWow.

You are free to talk about any YouTubers. Just say what you like, so others can check it out. It just so happens that I primarily watch gaming. 

There are many parts of YouTube that are not used. I have noticed that a lot of my friend don't even bother subscribing. I highly suggest subscribing to every YouTuber you like. Yogscast was one of my favorite YouTube group and got me into YouTube, but as I grew I noticed that some of their content was dumb (After Shadow of Isreafel Ended)... Can I say that?... Now I keep them in a folder for a rainy day. Keeping a subscription helps the YouTuber get more subs. I know it gets crowded with all the feed spamming your... well.. feed, but you can turn on what goes into your feed or not; for insistence, I love to hear Ted Talks, but they produce 20 videos a day. That is to much and most of them are junk. You can go to manage subscriptions to fix that and uncheck the "show feed" check box. Also, I suggest all of you take the time to organize your subscriptions. It is great for me to be able to say, "hey I want to watch some mindcrack". Then, I go into my folder and am able to see all the mindcrackers.

If I like what i see and it appears several times on a person's channel, i subscribe to that person. :P  If I really like a video or a part of a video then i favorite it and/or "like" it.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Jesus I can't believe I forgot Ross Scott. He is also another one of my favs. Though when freeman's mind ended I found less reasons to watch him.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Though when freeman's mind ended I found less reasons to watch him.

I felt the same at first, but then I binge-watched the entire backlog of Ross's Game Dungeon in a single day. Freeman's Mind may be over, but Ross is just an all-around great and entertaining content creator.

You are free to talk about any YouTubers. Just say what you like, so others can check it out. It just so happens that I primarily watch gaming. 

in that case..

I'm also subscribed to an ungodly number of music review and discussion channels, including Coverkillernation, Myke C-Town, and The Needle Drop. also the vlog side channels of a couple gamers, and a couple (mostly inactive) video game griefing channels, Team GRN and Team Avolition. beyond music reviews and gaming videos, I don't really watch much, although I think I'm still subbed to RocketJump.

also, though they're not YouTubers, I watch The Cinema Snob, Phelous, and Obscurus Lupa (although I haven't enjoyed her content much since she rebranded the channel and switched to the new review style). occasionally watch The Nostalgia Critic and Linkara as well.

Edited by Ryuujin

I've mostly been watching Mizzetq's videos for the past few months, she's got great guides for Final Fantasy XIV endgame content, and my Guild coordinates most of our raid runs based off her strategies.

I also like Markiplier and Rooster Teeth, although I usually only watch them when I'm hanging out with friends.

I pretty actively watch StephenPlays and StephenVlog, as I find him to be quite the nice underrated gem. Been catching up a lot on Chuggaaconroy for the endgame Xenoblade stuff, and while he doesnt upload often I do enjoy Protonjon, although he has streamed more often at this point which are always a gem to watch. Oh and various Touhou channels for various forms of Touhou entertainment(From music to fanime and all other sorts) , speaking of a fellow who goes by minusT does 3d fights of the games and does a pretty darn good job of it currently he is working on a Yukari vs Marisa, Reimu, and Sakuya which should be out soon.

That's only a little bit of all I watch but I might go into more at a later point.

• Upvote 1
I'm just ToaD

You can easily copy all you subscriptions in here. Just go to Manage Subscriptions and copy and paste away. That would make it easier to explore.

I would do that but I have some controversial opinion channels subbed. 

Its fine... No one will judge. 

I'm going to play it safe on this one. No need to open a political can of worms. 

• Upvote 1

AΨ 94

• 1 month later...

I mainly watch the Game Grumps and Vinesauce. Both hilarious to me, but they may not be your cup of tea.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Games:

Pewdiepie

Markiplier

Kripparrian

Godson 

Clash of Clans Attacks

MrRhexx

Entertainment:

Alltime10's

BroScienceLife

CinemaSins

HISHE

MrCreepyPasta

MrTechnicalDifficult

Rob Dyke

Treesicle

WatchMojo

MarbleHornets

Reviews:

AngryJoe

Comics:

ComicsExplained

Comicstorian

Sports Entertainment:

2BCProductions2BC

BaconCountry

hockeyfights.com

Conspiracy Stuff:

Alltime Conspiracies

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know

Dark5

On a sidenote, I rarely watch anything in the gaming or entertainment areas anymore unless I'm extremely bored. The only ones I watch regularly are BroScienceLife and Kripparrian.

Edited by You just lost the game

67685335.jpg             

I guess here's my top 10 YouTubers, in no particular order.

JonTronShow (just really funny in general)

SeamlessR (super helpful for music s production stuff)

PBG/PBGGameplay (like JonTron, but more sane)

Rob Dyke (just a really cool guy in general. All of his show segments are entertaining to watch)

SpaceHamster (another NormalBoots guy)

ashens (the best YouTuber you've never heard of)

RebelTaxi (the other best YouTuber you've never heard of)

Vsauce (fascinating sciencey stuff)

Cracked (funny, in a very vulgar way. Stuff That Must Have Happened is like the funniest thing to me for some reason)

GameGrumps (not as good since Jon left, but still pretty funny if they play a game that you're familiar with)

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

JonTron and PBG roocccckkk! The occasional Dunkey is funny too.

There's also this YouTuber called TheSkeletonMan939 who uploads trailer music and other neat stuff. Check him out.

SpaceHamster (another NormalBoots guy)

Actually he's Hidden Block. Same difference though.

Cracked (funny, in a very vulgar way. Stuff That Must Have Happened is like the funniest thing to me for some reason)

Cracked used to be funny. Like, before 2013.