Okoto masks power-drain theory

Theory: The reason the tops of the Protectors' masks are transparent is that they have been in use for a very long time, and this drains the power out of the mask, which is reflected in the transparent coloration. 

As such, any transparent masks on Okoto would be powerless, and villagers would likely wear transparent masks. It also explains why Ekimu and Makuta had mask-making as a full time job. 

What do you think? 

• Upvote 4

this would do a good job of explaining why the presumably old protectors have half-masks, and why the summer 2015 sets have half-mask versions of the golden masks of power. the skull villains could be draining them for resurrection strength. (or something like that.)

shrugs, we'll have to see. o:

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Hm, that's an interesting theory. Lalonde makes a good point with the summer sets, as well...

What would that mean for, say, the transparent and trans-orange Masks of Fire? I guess since they're collectibles they don't really have any canon significance, but if they did that would be something to think about.

banner.jpg

One thing I've never understood about this forum is how "theory" became a replacement word for "complete conjecture." I think it would be much more apt to borrow TVTropes' term of "Wild Mass Guessing" for the forum.

Anyway, this idea doesn't explain why so many of the Protectors have transparent armor and such, since wouldn't that have to similarly qualify as drained of power?

~B~

• Upvote 1

One thing I've never understood about this forum is how "theory" became a replacement word for "complete conjecture." I think it would be much more apt to borrow TVTropes' term of "Wild Mass Guessing" for the forum.

Anyway, this idea doesn't explain why so many of the Protectors have transparent armor and such, since wouldn't that have to similarly qualify as drained of power?

~B~

WMG is when you have someone saying "Mata Nui is a giant elephant!" like back in 2004 or something. Technically you couldn't prove them wrong, since in 2004 we didn't know what Mata Nui was. A theory is something that actually has evidence behind it. 

Some actually legit theories have made their way into WMG sections on TVT, but's that's because that's the closest area for them to go. 

The theory wasn't intended to explain transparent armor. It's possible that there is a transparent metal of some kind on the island that is good for armor/protection, but that can be powered up by a mask-making process, turning it solid color. The transparent armor didn't have power infused with it to begin with, so it remains transparent. How's that for a stab?

• Upvote 1

See my theory here for that one. :) Topic is locked now due to revival, but it explains the transparent bones and hands and such. 

And, as fishers said, this is talking more about the powered masks. We know some of the masks are given power, but there's no indication that the same applies to the armor. Why would the armor change due to power-loss if there was no power in it to begin with?

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~