Large-Scale BIONICLE Sculptures

Okay. It appears they're from LEGOWorld2003.

EDIT: LEGO has had a presence at every San Diego Comic-Con since at least 2003 judging by a search for "comic-con" in the BZPower news archive, so I'm sure they'll be there this year. I wish they'd come to Chicago Comic-Con...

Also, BIONICLE will have a presence this year whether LEGO itself does or not, according to this article.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Thanks for posting these - always loved these statues. :) There used to be a non-brick Onua at Legoland Winsor, not sure if any pictures exist.

Out of curiousity, where did you find that Kalmah pic? Pretty sure I took that one...

WOW! I never even knew half of these things existed! I live in ohio which back then could have been practically considered the boonies because there were NO lego stores, NO legolands and NO huge presence of lego here. now I hope that they have an event where everyone participates in building like, a huge statue of tahu or something for G2, similar to how they had that event for building a huge yoda. really loving the Vakama statues!

• Upvote 1

Oh, man, I remember when Tahu was at Mall of America! Thank you so much for showing these!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Thanks for posting these - always loved these statues. :) There used to be a non-brick Onua at Legoland Winsor, not sure if any pictures exist.

Out of curiousity, where did you find that Kalmah pic? Pretty sure I took that one...

I honestly don't remember. I found that picture and uploaded it to my Brickshelf on April 20th, 2008. A reverse image search might reveal the source.

Do you recall where Onua was located? IE by/inside a shop, next to a ride. Searching for his specific location might find an image.

Nice job on getting featured on the BZP front page!

The work you're doing here is excellent! :)

I didn't even notice, because I came right to the forum without going to the front page first. That's awesome! Thanks for making this a hot topic, guys!

The Onua was at the 'balcony' area at The Beginning (front of the park), in an area of greenery just off the path. Couldn't find any pics, though.

EDIT: While searching, I found this creepy-as-heck Tahu statue

Edited by Disty says hi
  • Upvote 1

The Onua was at the 'balcony' area at The Beginning (front of the park), in an area of greenery just off the path. Couldn't find any pics, though.

That's a guy in a suit. I guess they wanted Tahu's anatomy to be as accurate to the set as possible, which human anatomy would be incapable of, so they made it a weird puppet-like suit. Kind of like the costumes in the broadway version of The Lion King.

EDIT: In that same gallery, there's a poster of the Kanohi. In the Kaukau section, instead of Kopaka's and Pohatu's Kaukau, they have the two misprint trans-light blue and yellow Kaukau. Interesting.

EDIT 2: The only non-misprint Matatu is Nuju's light gray one, and ALL of the Ruru are misprints. Weird.

• Upvote 1

I guess that explains the extra orange tubes coming out of him. They must be the puppeteer's arms.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

For the Onua Gen 1 plastic mask I can provide more pictures if they are wanted/needed/if anyone is curious. I actually have it on my wall right now.

*Follows link*

Well the witch hunt is over. We know who killed Onua. Somebody read this guy his rights. You're going down Makuta sympathizer I'm going to enjoy watching you suffer.

In all seriousness that is a cool get and I'd of loved one myself. It is no secret Onua is my Favorite out of the Toa Mata. Didn't really follow the other Toa teams so can't comment on them.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Whoa, there's a lot I've never seen before. Love the Canister Onua one

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

That's a guy in a suit. I guess they wanted Tahu's anatomy to be as accurate to the set as possible, which human anatomy would be incapable of, so they made it a weird puppet-like suit. Kind of like the costumes in the broadway version of The Lion King.

EDIT: In that same gallery, there's a poster of the Kanohi. In the Kaukau section, instead of Kopaka's and Pohatu's Kaukau, they have the two misprint trans-light blue and yellow Kaukau. Interesting.

EDIT 2: The only non-misprint Matatu is Nuju's light gray one, and ALL of the Ruru are misprints. Weird.

:o I think I've just discovered why the misprints exist! It might be because they were going to be final versions but then they changed them!

Also, that Tahu puppet-suit-thing is really funny. :P And well done on this archive of Bionicle sculptures! I wish I could have one of those large brick-built Toa in my house. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

:o I think I've just discovered why the misprints exist! It might be because they were going to be final versions but then they changed them!

Also, that Tahu puppet-suit-thing is really funny. :P And well done on this archive of Bionicle sculptures! I wish I could have one of those large brick-built Toa in my house. :P

It's probably possible to build most of them, given the correct bricks. Hakann and Kalmah aren't, though, because Hakann's Zamor Sphere is a plasma ball and Kalmah's tentacle appears to be molded plastic.

Mask of Creation (Generation 2)

lsmaskofcreation.jpg

I was just reading this topic when I realized that's totally my arm:

B6cimbLIIAEc0NS.jpg

That's two member connections. Maybe I'll try to find the picture of me with my arm around Tahu.

Well that Tahu Nuva is not quite as accurate due to showing off the human flesh underneath. That Mata Nui looks really good though the kids are a bit out of place. Maybe they are hiding the human bits...

Onua.png

Hey you used my Visorak Keelerak picture! I'll get some better pictures soon- the weather is actually nice enough that I can give it a good clean and let it dry off outside. It was missing one small pillar of 1x1 dark green bricks near the spinner area too, that was fixed with a bricklink order though

Hey you used my Visorak Keelerak picture! I'll get some better pictures soon- the weather is actually nice enough that I can give it a good clean and let it dry off outside. It was missing one small pillar of 1x1 dark green bricks near the spinner area too, that was fixed with a bricklink order though

You own one? Are the pieces just locked to each other like any LEGO set, or are they glued or anything?

I remember seeing a video of that Tahu Nuva mascot (on BZP, I believe) and was super impressed by the way the hands moved, like they were actually attached to a ball joint. Also I forgot that Mata Nui mascot existed, though I do think that I've seen it before. Either way, super cool.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Most likely a foam rubber or other light weight material that keeps movement restrictions to a minimum.

Onua.png

You own one? Are the pieces just locked to each other like any LEG set, or are they glued or anything?

Yep I do, I bought it for $150 CAD a few months ago. The pieces are actually glued together, they would have to be on this model because it's composed of only plates, mostly 1x1. I would estimate that there's over 3000 plate bricks used on the model.

You own one? Are the pieces just locked to each other like any LEG set, or are they glued or anything?

Yep I do, I bought it for $150 CAD a few months ago. The pieces are actually glued together, they would have to be on this model because it's composed of only plates, mostly 1x1. I would estimate that there's over 3000 plate bricks used on the model.

That's pretty cheap for such a large and rare item...

I have no idea how rare it is but yeah I guess it was pretty cheap. The guy originally wanted $650 CAD for it, and there must not have been much interest in it because I checked a month later and he had it up for $250. I offered $150 and he told me to come get it, if only I could find the Vakama Hordika one to match :|

I have no idea how rare it is but yeah I guess it was pretty cheap. The guy originally wanted $650 CAD for it, and there must not have been much interest in it because I checked a month later and he had it up for $250. I offered $150 and he told me to come get it, if only I could find the Vakama Hordika one to match :|

I guess Keelerak is slightly more common than other sculptures in the sense that it was a prize in a contest held by Cartoon Network, so it actually made its way into the hands of a member of the general public.

You have to wonder what happened to all these things. According to BS01, the Tahu at the LEGO Imagination Center in Downtown Disney at Disneyland (California) is still standing, but most of the sculptures have probably been removed to to BIONICLE's cancellation.

I guess Keelerak is slightly more common than other sculptures in the sense that it was a prize in a contest held by Cartoon Network, so it actually made its way into the hands of a member of the general public.

You have to wonder what happened to all these things. According to BS01, the Tahu at the LEGO Imagination Center in Downtown Disney at Disneyland (California) is still standing, but most of the sculptures have probably been removed to to BIONICLE's cancellation.

I've never seen any pictures of the Keelerak besides in a BZPower news post and a Mask of Destiny post, but they were pictures taken in the same location. I'd like to get a number or how many of them actually exist but I feel like that would be an insanely difficult task. I've heard of the contest, don't know much about it though, I assume only one was given out?

I've never seen any pictures of the Keelerak besides in a BZPower news post and a Mask of Destiny post, but they were pictures taken in the same location. I'd like to get a number or how many of them actually exist but I feel like that would be an insanely difficult task. I've heard of the contest, don't know much about it though, I assume only one was given out?

Yeah, it was the grand prize (I think) so only one was given out. That's still more in the hands of fans than any of the other sculptures, though.

• 6 years later...
On 7/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, Morerainuva said:

Are this statues displayed anywhere at the moment? And is it possible to buy some of them, or order such?

Hi @MorerainuvaPlease remember to check the date of the last post in a topic before you hit reply. The last post before yours was made in June 2015 — that's over 6 years ago! This counts as topic revival. Please read this topic for more information on topic revival and how to avoid it.

If you want to continue the discussion, feel free to start a new topic. :)