BIONICLE Chapter Book Gets a Title

Yep, that's a Bionicle book title, alright.

But going by that, sounds like the first novel(s?) are retellings/expansions of the early story, much like G1.  Looking forward to seeing Mr. Windham's take on things!

• Upvote 3

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I really glad that the book is roughly the same lengh as the chapter books from Gen 1. That alone makes me excited for it.

It's name is really good too. I really hope that its tells us the journeys the other Toa went on to obtain their masks. I would love to read about that.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So is this a chapter book novel type deal or does it possibly have pictures in it? I've never gotten any of the Gen1 Bionicle books. The only series I've ever collected was the Animorph books by KA Applegate. and they only had 2 images, the cover itself and a secondary image just behind it. Oh and the morphing flipbook feature in the bottom right pages.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

So is this a chapter book novel type deal or does it possibly have pictures in it? I've never gotten any of the Gen1 Bionicle books. The only series I've ever collected was the Animorph books by KA Applegate. and they only had 2 images, the cover itself and a secondary image just behind it. Oh and the morphing flipbook feature in the bottom right pages.

I'm not sure whether the book will have pictures. Some Lego chapter books, like the classic Bionicle books and the Hero Factory books, lack pictures; some, like the Legends of Chima chapter books, do have pictures; and some, like the early Ninjago chapter books, had pictures in European markets but not in American markets.

I would personally expect the chapter books to lack pictures (apart from the cover art) based largely on precedent, and the fact that the summary would likely mention the book being illustrated if it were going to be. But until the book comes out I really can't be sure.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Let's hope that they do better than the Hero Factory books did. It looks like the author has a good resume, though.

@Nightwolf: The Bionicle and Animorphs books were my bread and butter when I was younger. It's too bad that such treasures are as obscure as they are. The main Bionicle stories were pictureless chapter books, but the guides would have pictures. If you can find copies of the books, I'd suggest reading them, as they're quite good.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

I would personally expect the chapter books to lack pictures (apart from the cover art) based largely on precedent, and the fact that the summary would likely mention the book being illustrated if it were going to be. But until the book comes out I really can't be sure.

The Kindle edition page lists Scholastic as the Illustrator, so there's that.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

So the whole company is collaborating to create the book? Or is it just some guy with clip art? I can't imagine what Illustrator: Scholastic means. I think that the book will follow the precedent of being unillustrated.

Edited by Jovan2

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

Well Scholastic is a publishing company I think as their listed on the Animorph books I previously mentioned.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png