What you don't like in G2 ?

Zidonaro

So far it's the lack of story material.

But that can be expected, since it just started. That's why I'm crossing my fingers for those books later in the year that they promised us.

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 4

bZpOwEr

What I don't like in G2 is that after the introduction of the toa in the online series, every episode seems to be centered on Tahu and it really bothers me since the characters aren't really fleshed out to begin with and it seems likes the other toa aren't going to get any episodes focused on them or any character development.

Lewa's kanohi design still really bothers me because of how little it has in common with the original kanohi Miru.

• Upvote 3

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

What I don't like in G2 is that after the introduction of the toa in the online series, every episode seems to be centered on Tahu and it really bothers me since the characters aren't really fleshed out to begin with and it seems likes the other toa aren't going to get any episodes focused on them or any character development.

This basically. Even if the books give development to all the Toa, it still would've been cool to see more of the others besides Tahu in the episodes.

Also, I don't like that the Protectors don't have names and/or that they haven't been revealed yet. I'm really hopeful that the upcoming books give us names for them as well. Because they have to have names besides 'Protectors', right? 

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So far it's the lack of story material.

But that can be expected, since it just started. That's why I'm crossing my fingers for those books later in the year that they promised us.

This.

Lewa's kanohi design still really bothers me because of how little it has in common with the original kanohi Miru.

And this. I really don't like how every episode was centered around Tahu, they should've had each episode be centered around 1 master, each telling their own story. And that miru... ;-;

• Upvote 2

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

The use of the CCBS building system, the switch to a less detailed armor, fists (yes), Lewas "pig faced" mask, the same masked being used for every small set, the Protectors lack of individual names, the rather minuscule amount of story, giving the Toa a "funny" quirk, the fact that they arnt even called Toa, the head-with-legs himself: LOSS, the skull spiders (form saviors of the universe, to exterminators, how the mighty have fallen), and finally, the cartoonish animations.

• Upvote 2

The use of the CCBS building system, the switch to a less detailed armor, fists (yes), Lewas "pig faced" mask, the same masked being used for every small set, the Protectors lack of individual names, the rather minuscule amount of story, giving the Toa a "funny" quirk, the fact that they arnt even called Toa, the head-with-legs himself: LOSS, the skull spiders (form saviors of the universe, to exterminators, how the mighty have fallen), and finally, the cartoonish animations.

While I agree with little to no variety in masks for protectors and their names, along with LOSS and Lewa's mask... I actually really like CCBS and the animations are ok...

• Upvote 2

|

While I agree with little to no variety in masks for protectors and their names, along with LOSS and Lewa's mask... I actually really like CCBS and the animations are ok...

And that is ok, because it's ok to like something someone else dosnt. Because we are all unique, and we should celebrate our uniqueness, not shun it.

Sorry if that sounded a little creepy...

• Upvote 1

And that is ok, because it's ok to like something someone else dosnt. Because we are all unique, and we should celebrate our uniqueness, not shun it.

Exactly. Why must we shove our opinions into others' faces? :P

• Upvote 2

|

What I don't like is the lack of enemy sets(Like the Bohrok, when the Toa Mata first started up), and the lack of matoran sets(I know, the Toa Mata didn't have those either, but later Toa teams did).

• Upvote 2

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

What I don't like is the lack of enemy sets(Like the Bohrok, when the Toa Mata first started up), and the lack of matoran sets(I know, the Toa Mata didn't have those either, but later Toa teams did).

Well then, maybe there will be matoran sets in the wave after the next... or perhaps secret sets that have not yet been announced! :D

|

Yup.

Yup.

So... what don't you like about the animations exactly? I mean, I would like at least more than one voice actor, and the story seems a bit too childish... but I guess that's the audience they're aiming for. As for the style of animation, I like it.

|

Yup.

So... what don't you like about the animations exactly? I mean, I would like at least more than one voice actor, and the story seems a bit too childish... but I guess that's the audience they're aiming for. As for the style of animation, I like it.

Oh it's just I'm not a fan of this type of "flash animation", it's like that new RID transformer cartoon, the characters look flat, but are animated as if they are CGI. Granted that G1 bionicle had a joke or two, G2 is a little over the top with it, Kopaka slips within minutes of appearing in his minisodes. I find it odd that Lego's other cartoons are CGI, but BIONICLE 2 is only getting short flash animated minisodes. Apearently the Ninjago line was reborn thanks to its cartoon, if Lego wants to get Bionicle 2 out into the public mind (and based off of the piles of Kopaka at the local walmarts, that's a good idea) then they should opt for a cgi cartoon. I know it costs money, but they already have two out there, so it's not out of the budget. Edited by Decepticonwarrior
  • Upvote 1

Yup.

Oh it's just I'm not a fan of this type of "flash animation", it's like that new RID transformer cartoon, the characters look flat, but are animated as if they are CGI. Granted that G1 bionicle had a joke or two, G2 is a little over the top with it, Kopaka slips within minutes of appearing in his minisodes. I find it odd that Lego's other cartoons are CGI, but BIONICLE 2 is only getting short flash animated minisodes. Apearently the Ninjago line was reborn thanks to its cartoon, if Lego wants to get Bionicle 2 out into the public mind (and based off of the piles of Kopaka at the local walmarts, that's a good idea) then they should opt for a cgi cartoon. I know it costs money, but they already have two out there, so it's not out of the budget.

You raise a fair point. Anything else that you'd like to go into detail about what you dislike about G2? Like LOSS, I hated building that thing, but loved building the rahi kit from G1...

|

Yup.

Oh it's just I'm not a fan of this type of "flash animation", it's like that new RID transformer cartoon, the characters look flat, but are animated as if they are CGI. Granted that G1 bionicle had a joke or two, G2 is a little over the top with it, Kopaka slips within minutes of appearing in his minisodes. I find it odd that Lego's other cartoons are CGI, but BIONICLE 2 is only getting short flash animated minisodes. Apearently the Ninjago line was reborn thanks to its cartoon, if Lego wants to get Bionicle 2 out into the public mind (and based off of the piles of Kopaka at the local walmarts, that's a good idea) then they should opt for a cgi cartoon. I know it costs money, but they already have two out there, so it's not out of the budget.

You raise a fair point. Anything else that you'd like to go into detail about what you dislike about G2? Like LOSS, I hated building that thing, but loved building the rahi kit from G1...

Oh sure.

LOSS: first off, I'm not going to go into detail as to why he shouldn't be called a spider. Second, I find the fact that his face is just a printed chest plate to be rather lazy, along with that underbite. I also find that having all but two of his legs merged for a gimmick to be a poor design choice, the Visorak (gonna be comparing him the them for most of this) were able to pull off not one, but TWO gimmicks, pinching cheliceri (fangs) and a rotuka launcher. And they were made of less parts. LOSS also suffers from not having a fully enclosed body, granted none of the classic Rahi did, but considering G2's style is to be more organic and shelly, it stands out. Then there is his limited articulation, although you can pull of a spiders iconic "death curl", and a standing pose, that's really about it.

Story wise, why IS this guy the spider lord? Dose he use mental powers to control his arachnid underlings, or is it fear that compels them? Is he even a "he"? Is this the spider queen?

As for the spiders themselves, I can't get over the fact that they look like The Fallen from 2009's Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen. Bulbous forehead, narrow mouth, flanged cheeks, surly I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance?

Please excuse me, I wish not to derail the current conversation.

I'm not a big fan of the story thus far. Sure, it's still the beginning and there's plenty of room to grow, but I would have like to have seen more of the other Toa than just Tahu. I also would like to see the villagers, but that's probably not going to happen.

I also don't like the fact that they are going with horde enemies for the first year. Armies are good, but I really want to see the Toa go beyond their limits with singular opponents. I can imagine now what the animations for the next half of this year will be like:

1. Intro to Skull villains; Toa are temporarily defeated
  2. Skull villains invade most of the areas of Okoto w/ minor attention directed to the Toa, who are planning something
  3. Toa miraculously defeat about half of the Skull army and get to the Mask Forge (they can now defeat multiple enemies because... :shrugs: )
  4. Ekimu is awakened, he monologues, and the big bad reveals his super-duper-evil-and-diabolical plan thingy.
  5. Tahu saves the day from the big bad
  6. Toa get new forms + teaser for next villain/story

If this happens, or at least somewhat happens, then my nickname will be "Fordian: the Prophetic Man of Awesomeness."

• Upvote 1

Lack of story. Sure, there is something, but nothing more then a couple of paragraphs. i want something I can escape to, explore and something legendary. 

I know that books will be released later this year, so I will hold my final judgement to those. If the story evolves in depth, however, then that obviously wont be my final judgement; could you imagine if I just looked at the 2001 story without MNOG and just gave up on it, not realizing what was soon to unfold in the course of a decade? I would feel awfully stupid if I were too look back on it years later...

Story wise, why IS this guy the spider lord? Dose he use mental powers to control his arachnid underlings, or is it fear that compels them? Is he even a "he"? Is this the spider queen?

As for the spiders themselves, I can't get over the fact that they look like The Fallen from 2009's Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen. Bulbous forehead, narrow mouth, flanged cheeks, surly I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance?

He/It is able to control the Skull-Spiders by using the Mask of Skull-Spiders. Whoever controls that controls the swarms. I find the Skull Spider's to be cool, so I want to get that set mostly because of that mask. :P

I noticed that as well, that's why i love it so much. :lol: I always replace my PoS/New Onewa's mask with it because of how awesome it looks. :D

I also notice that whenever I draw the old Mask of Shadows, it comes out kind of looking like The Fallen's head. It's like anyone who is mechanical and has a sort-of cone-head now reminds me of The Fallen. Great job Hasbro! <_<  (Now i feel like looking at him up close... Imma go get my figure of him.)

EDIT: Typos

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

not to drag this conversation down but:

the original Toa didn't face the bohrok until 2002, in 2001 they simply faced Makuta's Rahi.

since we got the Toa and LOSS in early 2015, and the skull villains in late 2015, that's a similar time span to the one between Toa and Borhok. :u

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Lack of story. Sure, there is something, but nothing more then a couple of paragraphs. i want something I can escape to, explore and something legendary.

I know that books will be released later this year, so I will hold my final judgement to those. If the story evolves in depth, however, then that obviously wont be my final judgement; could you imagine if I just looked at the 2001 story without MNOG and just gave up on it, not realizing what was soon to unfold in the course of a decade? I would feel awfully stupid if I were too look back on it years later...

He/It is able to control the Skull-Spiders by using the Mask of Skull-Spiders. Whoever controls that controls the swarms. I find the Skull Spider's to be cool, so I want to get that set mostly because of that mask. :P

I noticed that as well, that's why i love it so much. :lol: I always replace my PoS/New Onewa's mask with it because of how awesome it looks. :D

I also notice that whenever I draw the old Mask of Shadows, it comes out kind of looking like The Fallen's head. It's like anyone who is mechanical and has a sort-of cone-head now reminds me of The Fallen. Great job Hasbro! <_< (Now i feel like looking at him up close... Imma go get my figure of him.)

Then does the MOSS need to be worn? If so, I think LOSS will have a hard time getting that thing around his face.

Gland I'm not the only one! The Fallens head is suppost to evoke Egyptian headdresses, maybe that's what lego as going for too? Or just making the "cranium" resemble a spiders abdomen.

Edited by Decepticonwarrior

I'm gonna go through this bit-by-bit, because there is so much to talk about with this comment.

First, the CCBS. LEGO is using it for every large-scale figure they make. Hero Factory, Superheroes (for a short time), Star Wars, Chima, and now Bionicle. It's what they do now. They had a unified brick system, now they have a system for action figures. They weren't going to design a whole new system for Bionicle's return; rather, adapt the system they had already made to be completely versatile and usable for any action figures.

Second, fists? You're upset that the characters have hands? Why? They're a large step-up from the 2009 4-fingered hands, and a total improvement from the characters not even having hands from 2001-2008. They hand little stub things. I know that as a younger kid, I always wanted to them to have actual hands, so 2009 was amazing. Now they have durable, 5-fingered hands, and I feel it breathes life into the characters just a little more than the old pieces.

Third, Lewa's mask. Did you even watch the designer video of him? They go into detail of how they got from the 2001 mask to the 2015 mask. It's not like they pulled the design out of their butts. They put lots of careful thought into it.

Fourth, same mask being used by every Protector. Remember, back in 2001, the Turaga had a badge of office? It didn't totally matter then, because the Turaga led the Matoran for 1000 years with no one to replace them. However, now, the Protectors and villagers seem to have much shorter lifespans. They mate, and have children. The Protectors, being the role of leader (and being passed down from father-to-son), it makes sense that the Protectors have a badge of office, something that signifies their leadership. That would be their masks. The masks are special compared to the villagers', and quite possibly have some elemental energy left from the time that Ekimu and Makuta made them. Besides, have you noticed the vivid colors used in the masks? They may be the same mold, but they're unique in their own right.

Fifth, the Protectors not having names. This is somewhat annoying to me, as well, but you need to think of the reason why this is. They don't need names. They're the leaders, and their titles serve as plenty name for them. There's only six villagers on Okoto at a time that have the title, so they don't need names. Names are required to identify one from another. The title is their name. Also, you can make like NujuMetru and start calling the PoE "Barney" or something like that.

Sixth, the miniscule amount of story. I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. We're only four months in! We're getting books and graphic novels, so the story will be expanded there. I think the main problem here is that you need patience.

Seventh, giving each Toa a quirk. That makes them more relate-able, and less like supreme warriors with no fears or flaws. A crucial part of any character's personality is their flaws. Don't take that away from them, and away from the primary audience that looks at these characters as heroes. Flaws are what make a character good, and sometimes they're a very interesting plot-point.

Eighth... Have you even watched the animations? If you did, you'd know that in Episode 3, the Toa are all called just that: Toa! Direct quote here: "The sun burnt Pohatu, Toa of Stone, as he fought his way across desert dunes." Next time, actually research what you're talking about before you complain about it.

Ninth, the Lord of Skull Spiders. Maybe he's not such an amazing villain, but guess what? He's a villain that came out alongside the Toa to fight! Back in 2004-2005, the Toa were released six months earlier than their villains, and even then they were mostly clone builds. The major villains that the Toa have to fight in 2015, Skull Grinder, Skull Basher, Skull Slicer, Skull Scorpio, and Skull Warrior, are coming. It's not like the LoSS is all they have to fight at all.

Tenth, from saviors of the Universe to exterminators? Back in the first half of 2001, the Toa were still finding their masks and freeing Rahi from Makuta's control, saving the island. You know what they're doing the the first half of 2015? Still finding their masks and defeating Skull Spiders, saving the island. Get over yourself; Gen2 has barely begun yet.

Eleventh, the cartoons. You ignorant little git! You know the animators took heavy inspiration from MNOG, right? They didn't want to do CGI. They wanted to harken back to the original, and YOU of all people complain? Honestly.

• Upvote 2

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I can't really be too critical as of yet, as it's barely started. However, a couple of things; some of which people have already said:

- No mask packs, or collectibles

- No mask variety in non-Toa characters

- Needs more eye colors

- Needs something similar to the Mata Nui online game. Something for people to explore Okoto and to learn of its lore.

- Animations need to focus more on the other Toa. 

• Upvote 2

They wanted to harken back to the original, and YOU of all people complain? Honestly.

They are also not a big fan of reboots.

Which is weird, considering that they are a fan of Transformers, which gets a reboot pretty much every year and a half, and even then the reboot always finds a way to harken back to the past. Take Transformers: Animated as an example (which is one of the best Transformers series ever imo). There were obvious references to the G1 continuity, as well as the then-starting movie series, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, etc. 

I iz confuzzled bi teh lojik  :confused:

• Upvote 2

I can't really be too critical as of yet, as it's barely started. However, a couple of things; some of which people have already said:

- No mask packs, or collectibles

- No mask variety in non-Toa characters

- Needs more eye colors

- Needs something similar to the Mata Nui online game. Something for people to explore Okoto and to learn of its lore.

- Animations need to focus more on the other Toa. 

Yes. These.

I'm gonna go through this bit-by-bit, because there is so much to talk about with this comment.

First, the CCBS. LEGO is using it for every large-scale figure they make. Hero Factory, Superheroes (for a short time), Star Wars, Chima, and now Bionicle. It's what they do now. They had a unified brick system, now they have a system for action figures. They weren't going to design a whole new system for Bionicle's return; rather, adapt the system they had already made to be completely versatile and usable for any action figures.

Second, fists? You're upset that the characters have hands? Why? They're a large step-up from the 2009 4-fingered hands, and a total improvement from the characters not even having hands from 2001-2008. They hand little stub things. I know that as a younger kid, I always wanted to them to have actual hands, so 2009 was amazing. Now they have durable, 5-fingered hands, and I feel it breathes life into the characters just a little more than the old pieces.

Third, Lewa's mask. Did you even watch the designer video of him? They go into detail of how they got from the 2001 mask to the 2015 mask. It's not like they pulled the design out of their butts. They put lots of careful thought into it.

Fourth, same mask being used by every Protector. Remember, back in 2001, the Turaga had a badge of office? It didn't totally matter then, because the Turaga led the Matoran for 1000 years with no one to replace them. However, now, the Protectors and villagers seem to have much shorter lifespans. They mate, and have children. The Protectors, being the role of leader (and being passed down from father-to-son), it makes sense that the Protectors have a badge of office, something that signifies their leadership. That would be their masks. The masks are special compared to the villagers', and quite possibly have some elemental energy left from the time that Ekimu and Makuta made them. Besides, have you noticed the vivid colors used in the masks? They may be the same mold, but they're unique in their own right.

Fifth, the Protectors not having names. This is somewhat annoying to me, as well, but you need to think of the reason why this is. They don't need names. They're the leaders, and their titles serve as plenty name for them. There's only six villagers on Okoto at a time that have the title, so they don't need names. Names are required to identify one from another. The title is their name. Also, you can make like NujuMetru and start calling the PoE "Barney" or something like that.

Sixth, the miniscule amount of story. I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. We're only four months in! We're getting books and graphic novels, so the story will be expanded there. I think the main problem here is that you need patience.

Seventh, giving each Toa a quirk. That makes them more relate-able, and less like supreme warriors with no fears or flaws. A crucial part of any character's personality is their flaws. Don't take that away from them, and away from the primary audience that looks at these characters as heroes. Flaws are what make a character good, and sometimes they're a very interesting plot-point.

Eighth... Have you even watched the animations? If you did, you'd know that in Episode 3, the Toa are all called just that: Toa! Direct quote here: "The sun burnt Pohatu, Toa of Stone, as he fought his way across desert dunes." Next time, actually research what you're talking about before you complain about it.

Ninth, the Lord of Skull Spiders. Maybe he's not such an amazing villain, but guess what? He's a villain that came out alongside the Toa to fight! Back in 2004-2005, the Toa were released six months earlier than their villains, and even then they were mostly clone builds. The major villains that the Toa have to fight in 2015, Skull Grinder, Skull Basher, Skull Slicer, Skull Scorpio, and Skull Warrior, are coming. It's not like the LoSS is all they have to fight at all.

Tenth, from saviors of the Universe to exterminators? Back in the first half of 2001, the Toa were still finding their masks and freeing Rahi from Makuta's control, saving the island. You know what they're doing the the first half of 2015? Still finding their masks and defeating Skull Spiders, saving the island. Get over yourself; Gen2 has barely begun yet.

Eleventh, the cartoons. You ignorant little git! You know the animators took heavy inspiration from MNOG, right? They didn't want to do CGI. They wanted to harken back to the original, and YOU of all people complain? Honestly.

...dude, it's a freakin' toy line... no need to get so upset. XD

He's just stating the things he disliked, not that he thought Bionicle 2015 is awful and that it should burn because of those things...

|

First, I don't care for CCBS's bone and she'll system, I find it rather boring and bland.

Second, I dont like the hand peices because they limit the ways the figures can hold weapons. And because it makes them look like their ready to bop you in the face at any moment. Their also too big, like goofy cartoonish big.

Third, look at it, it's a reptilian pig, rounded snout, wide set slit-shaped eyes and even tiny ears. Other have compared it to Hordika Matau, and I agree.

Forth, the Turagas badge was their staffs, and each was unique, the protectors all have unique bodies, but identical mask shapes. And bright colors are no excuse.

Fifth, no names, no characterization, they may as well have been Vaki! And even they have some unique bios.

Sixth, maybe I was a little harsh on the minimal amount of story we have so far...

Seventh, a quirk Is fine, but don't make it a goofy quirk just to get cheap laughs. Onua snores? Really?

Eighth, oh, oops. I forgot. Everywhere else they are called masters.

Ninth, a head with legs does not a good villan make. And all but two summer ones all have skull __er in their names, not vey creative.

Tenth, they kill spiders, the g1 Toa saved rahi from Teridax's influence. The g1 Toa are animal activists, the g2 Toa are animal abusers.

Eleventh, who are you to call me an "ignorant git"? I don't like flash animation type styles, ok? It dosnt do it for me, it looks cheap and lazy.

Tenth, they kill spiders, the g1 Toa saved rahi from Teridax's influence. The g1 Toa are animal activists, the g2 Toa are animal abusers.

Eleventh, who are you to call me an "ignorant git"? I don't like flash animation type styles, ok? It dosnt do it for me, it looks cheap and lazy. 

I dunno... if I saw a giant nope trying to kill me... I'd get whatever flamethrower I could find and burn it to the ground... I mean... what would YOU do if there was a 8 ft tarantula (exaggeration) coming at you, wanting to kill you, not stopping until it did? If you had a weapon, would you not at least try and attempt to kill it before it killed you?

But for 11, the ignorant git comment was a little harsh... c'mon guys, it's a toyline. No need to be so harsh on each other. XD

Edited by Forgeta
  • Upvote 1

|

I also notice that whenever I draw the old Mask of Shadows, it comes out kind of looking like The Fallen's head. It's like anyone who is mechanical and has a sort-of cone-head now reminds me of The Fallen. Great job Hasbro! <_< (Now i feel like looking at him up close... Imma go get my figure of him.)

Then does the MOSS need to be worn? If so, I think LOSS will have a hard time getting that thing around his face.

Gland I'm not the only one! The Fallen's head is supposed to evoke Egyptian headdresses, maybe that's what lego as going for too? Or just making the "cranium" resemble a spiders abdomen.

From what I see, he holds it up to his face with his pincers and activates it.

And i think they like villains having cone heads. Maybe Lego has a lot of employees who are still feeling the ancestral sting of Atilla's rampages. :superfunny:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Gland I'm not the only one! The Fallen's head is supposed to evoke Egyptian headdresses, maybe that's what lego as going for too? Or just making the "cranium" resemble a spiders abdomen.

From what I see, he holds it up to his face with his pincers and activates it.

And i think they like villains having cone heads. Maybe Lego has a lot of employees who are still feeling the ancestral sting of Atilla's rampages. :superfunny:

Cone heads? I don't think Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet are in the Matoran universe.

The whiny G1 fans.

No, actually, the main thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of direct communication with the people involved with the story. Greg's interaction from the fans in G1 was a blessing and a curse, and I often feel that he may have occasionally gone TOO far with his propensity for answering fan questions. But at the same time, the new story already has conflicting information out there, and the lack of an authoritative source to consult about those things can lead to a lot of confusion. I also feel that having a direct line to the story writers would help to ease a lot of concerns fans have, thus leading to less of the aforementioned whining and complaining. Heck, I know that firsthand—nothing filled me with more enthusiasm for and understanding of the new line than getting to directly interact with the Bionicle team at New York Toy Fair last year.

I kind of wonder if BZPower staff could help to rectify that issue, perhaps by collecting fan questions and fielding them to the appropriate parties in exclusive interviews and the like. That way, even if Lego employees couldn't directly interact with fans on BZPower, we wouldn't be quite so cut off from them.

The other main thing I don't like is the lack of any immersive storytelling medium like the Mata Nui Online Game. Then again, that was something I didn't like about the majority of G1 as well, and several other themes for that matter. The Mata Nui Online Game was, in my opinion, the best world-building tool any Lego story theme ever had, and the lack of such a game is the reason why I could never get quite as invested in any subsequent setting the Bionicle story introduced.

• Upvote 7

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The whiny G1 fans.

No, actually, the main thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of direct communication with the people involved with the story. Greg's interaction from the fans in G1 was a blessing and a curse, and I often feel that he may have occasionally gone TOO far with his propensity for answering fan questions. But at the same time, the new story already has conflicting information out there, and the lack of an authoritative source to consult about those things can lead to a lot of confusion. I also feel that having a direct line to the story writers would help to ease a lot of concerns fans have, thus leading to less of the aforementioned whining and complaining. Heck, I know that firsthand—nothing filled me with more enthusiasm for and understanding of the new line than getting to directly interact with the Bionicle team at New York Toy Fair last year.

I kind of wonder if BZPower staff could help to rectify that issue, perhaps by collecting fan questions and fielding them to the appropriate parties in exclusive interviews and the like. That way, even if Lego employees couldn't directly interact with fans on BZPower, we wouldn't be quite so cut off from them.

The other main thing I don't like is the lack of any immersive storytelling medium like the Mata Nui Online Game. Then again, that was something I didn't like about the majority of G1 as well, and several other themes for that matter. The Mata Nui Online Game was, in my opinion, the best world-building tool any Lego story theme ever had, and the lack of such a game is the reason why I could never get quite as invested in any subsequent setting the Bionicle story introduced.

This.

|

I don't think the guys who don't like G2 deserve to be called "Whiny". I mean, the first generation of Bionicle left us a big legacy of characters and other things. For some people, this second generation simply didn't live up to the legacy left by the first generation. It doesn't mean it's bad, tho.

• Upvote 5

I don't think the guys who don't like G2 deserve to be called "Whiny". I mean, the first generation of Bionicle left us a big legacy of characters and other things. For some people, this second generation simply didn't live up to the legacy left by the first generation. It doesn't mean it's bad, tho.

This.

• Upvote 2

|

I wouldn't call myself whiny. I already explained myself in a previous post.  Again, I will wait to make a proper call when the books are released and until then I am mostly refraining myself from G2's story. Sets are cool though. :P

It just started, there is really nothing to compare at the moment. It's like comparing the first part of an essay outline to a finished novel.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I don't wanna judge it too harshy until next year at least but so far I don't see the story being too appealing to me. I'm in the minority that loved the very complex classic story and that's something that I deeply miss. I know it's not smart for Lego to even think about treading that territory again but that's something I miss. So far it looks to me like every year is gonna be (mostly) self-contained and not serialized (another thing I know most people like) and I just don't expect much from the story. Granted, G1 majorly surprised me with 2007 and 2008 (even if I only got to experience them retrospectively) which is why I love it so much, so I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope that something I never see coming will happen at some point.

• Upvote 2

Guys, the bit in my post was about whiny fans was just a joke, hence the strikethrough. I've seen a bit of whining, but EVERYTHING new causes some people to complain—and the fact that a small number of people aren't willing to accept that the new theme has its own merits is hardly going to make me lose any sleep. I was absolutely not accusing anyone specific of being "whiny", especially not the folks here—in fact, most of the replies have been mature and well thought out. As you can see, I followed that joke up with my own complaints—they may not be deal-breakers for me, but I'm not even trying to claim that everything about the new theme is perfect and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Of course, if you see the someone utter the phrase "whiny G1 fans" and instantly think it's referring to you, it might be worth taking a look at how you've been presenting yourself. Just throwing that out there.

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm in the minority of liking complex stories too.

But the story wasn't complex- it had a lot of extraneous details, but those generally had no impact on the actual story. The entire theme could be told ignoring all of the names of random character seven from the background of that flashback from that one serial who wore that one mask, and everything would be fine. The complexity of G1 that people seem to think existed really didn't. It had multiple media sources, which meant you had to read a book, a comic, an online serial, and maybe watch a film in certain years, which made following the story more complex and often acted as a barrier to fans in parts of the world or even parts of the US, but the story itself was overwhelmingly simple. Having a lot of details that don't impact the story isn't how you make a complex story. It's artificial, it's false.

I miss a lot of things, and I'm with Lyichir that I'd love something like the MNOG- but TLG's proven that was a fluke and though the new team talked a devotion to it, it's clear that a game like that will never exist again. I wish it would. The MNOG is what sucked me into this world and the world never let go, even though it got pretty bad as the years waned.

I love the CCBS, but I'd like to see new feet because I hate these ones, and I would like to see more parts in more colours. I've gotten used to the fist pieces, but I agree that they often feel too big.

Otherwise, a few more discussions with the story team here and there would be awesome. Not like Greg answering questions on BZP daily level, that was too much and created a lot of problems for the fanbase that still linger today. But maybe little blurbs explaining more of the background, or even just why they've made the decisions they've made would be awesome.

• Upvote 4

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg