What you don't like in G2 ?

Zidonaro

I dislike the skeleton sets, they look like some kid built them using a limited number of parts.

Hence the reason they're called skeletons. They're supposed to look unfinished, they didn't die yesterday.

in fact, they died a lot of yesterdays ago, thousands of yesterdays, even!

they lack plates in most areas because their flesh rotted off them, they have asymmetrical awkward armor because their armor probably broke and degraded from natural causes, (or in combat pre-death.) they look bare-bones because they are bones, skeleton bones, robot skeleton bones.

they're skeletons.

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Many things really.

The sets are great, mostly, but the story is very simplified, and many of the characters don't even have names. The animations would be good, but the voice acting completely ruins them, turning them into a big joke rather than an entertaining "story". They also focused way too much on tahu, not even showing the arrival of the other 5 Toa. The animation itself is nice, the voices are just distracting, a real shame really. 

Hopefully it will improve as time goes on, especially with the books coming which I am excited for. Some of the spooky scary skellingtons look nice too, I hope we get some backstory for them. 

G2 is good so far, but I still think G1 is far better in my opinion. 

• Upvote 5

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

The one thing I dislike MOST about G2?

How it caused a war within the Bionicle community as a whole. It seems like every discussion I go into lately that's asking opinions always seems to turn into a flame war amongst the fans. We're here BECAUSE of our love for Bionicle, not our hate and to prove to others that our opinions are right and their's are wrong.  -_-

• Upvote 2

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

How it caused a war within the Bionicle community as a whole. It seems like every discussion I go into lately that's asking opinions always seems to turn into a flame war amongst the fans. We're here BECAUSE of our love for Bionicle, not our hate and to prove to others that our opinions are right and their's are wrong.  -_-

To be honest, that's nothing new. Those kinds of arguments already were widespread before Bionicle's return was even announced, with people arguing constantly over whether Bionicle should be brought back and if so, how. All the theme's actual return has done is change the subject of debates from pure speculation to actual story media and sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

To be honest, that's nothing new. Those kinds of arguments already were widespread before Bionicle's return was even announced, with people arguing constantly over whether Bionicle should be brought back and if so, how. All the theme's actual return has done is change the subject of debates from pure speculation to actual story media and sets.

And back before people argued about whether the 2015 sets and story were an insult to BIONICLE, people had the same argument about the 2010 sets and story, and the 2008 sets and story, and the 2006 sets and story. These kinds of arguments have been going on as long as I've been a part of the online BIONICLE fan community, perhaps longer — and I don't think the current arguments are any more likely to tear the community apart than those earlier ones did.

• Upvote 3

It's mostly the lack of story material. I feel like the books and graphic novels should've been released by now. There is just a lot more story info that could've been delivered that would greatly expand the universe.

-O Knavery

Most vile, O trick of the Empire's basest wit.

A snare, a ruse, a ploy: and we the fools.

What great deception hath been plied today--

O rebels, do you hear? Fie, 'tis a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

It's mostly the lack of story material. I feel like the books and graphic novels should've been released by now. There is just a lot more story info that could've been delivered that would greatly expand the universe.

Well, for whatever reason, LEGO decided to release the first book (and activity book+mask) in August. I guess there could be a little more material, but keep in mind that LEGO also has a lot of other brands that need to be worked on.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Well, for whatever reason, LEGO decided to release the first book (and activity book+mask) in August. I guess there could be a little more material, but keep in mind that LEGO also has a lot of other brands that need to be worked on.

It's not that unusual for books not to come out until the sets have been out for several months. The Ninjago theme came out in January 2011, but the first two LEGO Ninjago chapter books didn't come out until September 1 and the first graphic novel didn't come out until November 8. And Ninjago was a much bigger theme from the outset than BIONICLE, even just speaking in terms of the number of sets (six spinner sets, a spinner starter set, seven playsets, and two store exclusive sets in just its first wave, and about 32 sets for the year as a whole, not counting polybags, co-packs, and promotional sets).

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

That there's no MNOG for G2 Bionicle. If there ever will be one, it'll probably be OOG (Okoto Online Game). Another thing is the summer skeleton sets. I was hoping for G2 variants of the Rahi. However, there are more things I like in G2 Bionicle than I don't like so far. :)

Edited by Toa of Cinema
  • Upvote 1

Onua.png

But doesn't The Lego group have a group that works solely on Bionicle and other groups that focus solely on their product/theme?  Also they have been working on this reboot since 2013 correct?  By the way, I think there might be reason for lack of material...

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

But doesn't The Lego group have a group that works solely on Bionicle and other groups that focus solely on their product/theme? Also they have been working on this reboot since 2013 correct? By the way, I think there might be reason for lack of material...

Which is...? Elaborate. Don't stop halfway through a thought.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

At first I didn't like Gen 2 at all. When I heard they brought Bionicle back I thought they were continuing it. Sad that I was wrong.

I didn't like the new designs because they seemed more HF than Bionicle. The story itself was tasteless.

The CCBS pieces them self were hard to manipulate for MOCs.

However

Since the months have passed, I've learned to love Gen 2. Not as much as Gen 1 but it's still good.

The story does leave a lot of room for future detailing, especially with culture.

Though I still don't approve of the lacking detail equality, the designs aren't too bad. In fact, the pieces actually CAN work with Gen 1, but nor easily for me.

I have confidence that Gen 2 will meet expectations, even if slower than anticipated.

But doesn't The Lego group have a group that works solely on Bionicle and other groups that focus solely on their product/theme? Also they have been working on this reboot since 2013 correct? By the way, I think there might be reason for lack of material...

Lego does assign designers, marketers, etc. to teams based on specific themes, but that's not to say that every team is equal or that they have unlimited budgets. And if they need to pull people from a team to work on another project, they often do so.

For what it's worth, the wait for the books is not at all unusual—even Ninjago didn't have chapter books or graphic novels until Fall of the first year, and it was a much bigger theme than the new Bionicle. And going back to the classic theme, it didn't have any chapter books until 2003.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Guest Pakiro

My only pet peeves are the lack of story (which I understand they just started out) and the new building system, I liked the old Technic styled pieces instead of these ones where the hands are obviously hands

My only pet peeves are the lack of story (which I understand they just started out) and the new building system, I liked the old Technic styled pieces instead of these ones where the hands are obviously hands

There's definitely some credence to that criticism of the hand pieces, but that's more of a post-2009 thing than a G2 or CCBS thing, since the 2009 and 2010 sets (before the introduction of CCBS in 2011) featured similar fist pieces. Basic Y-joints do still exist in CCBS, albeit not in nearly as many colors as the CCBS fist element.

• Upvote 2

Lego does assign designers, marketers, etc. to teams based on specific themes, but that's not to say that every team is equal or that they have unlimited budgets. And if they need to pull people from a team to work on another project, they often do so.

For what it's worth, the wait for the books is not at all unusual—even Ninjago didn't have chapter books or graphic novels until Fall of the first year, and it was a much bigger theme than the new Bionicle. And going back to the classic theme, it didn't have any chapter books until 2003.

Interesting.  Why would they release the new Bionicle if they didn't have all or most of the material for that wave made?

Also the original Bionicle had its first graphic novel in June 2001.  And the Bionicle products came out in the beginning of 2001 (for the U.S.) correct?

Oh wait a second, it is only May and they might have their first issue out before the end of the year, now back to the topic:

I agree with you there, the return of Bionicle separated the community a bit.   :(

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

The fact that there is no Okoto Online Game, and how also the toa all ahve the same man voice (its worst on Gali) in the animations.

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Interesting.  Why would they release the new Bionicle if they didn't have all or most of the material for that wave made?

Also the original Bionicle had its first graphic novel in June 2001.  And the Bionicle products came out in the beginning of 2001 (for the U.S.) correct?

Oh wait a second, it is only May and they might have their first issue out before the end of the year, now back to the topic:

I agree with you there, the return of Bionicle separated the community a bit.   :(

Lego almost never releases books right at the launch of a theme. I don't know whether that has to do with wanting to wait for initial sales statistics before diving in with media tie-ins or just with how long books take to write and publish, but it's like that for almost every theme—not just Bionicle.

And no, Bionicle didn't have graphic novels in June of 2001. They had comics then, which were mailed out as part of Lego magazine subscriptions. The first graphic novel, which was basically just a compilation of those early comics, didn't come out until 2008.

Nowadays, the Lego magazine has much less content than it had back in those days, and that applies to all themes. That's why media like online animations has largely taken the place of those comics in terms of telling the main story to mass audiences.

• Upvote 3

That's kinda inevitable. Opinions will always be divisive no matter what. They were divisive when the Nuva came out, when the Metru came out, when the Hordika came out and so forth and will continue to be unless everybody agrees on everything, which will never happen. Divisions lead to debates, which can get heated.

• Upvote 2

What I don't like in G2 is that after the introduction of the toa in the online series, every episode seems to be centered on Tahu and it really bothers me since the characters aren't really fleshed out to begin with and it seems likes the other toa aren't going to get any episodes focused on them or any character development.

Lewa's kanohi design still really bothers me because of how little it has in common with the original kanohi Miru.

It has the same cheek holes(although smaller), and I really like the face visor look of it. We really do need to hear from more than Tahu, though.

The use of the CCBS building system, the switch to a less detailed armor, fists (yes), Lewas "pig faced" mask, the same masked being used for every small set, the Protectors lack of individual names, the rather minuscule amount of story, giving the Toa a "funny" quirk, the fact that they arnt even called Toa, the head-with-legs himself: LOSS, the skull spiders (form saviors of the universe, to exterminators, how the mighty have fallen), and finally, the cartoonish animations.

I'll agree with this, for the most part, I like Lewa's mask, but making the Toa quirky was a bad move. (they actually are called Toa in the animations)

Over these past few months, I kept getting more and more annoyed at the fact that the Protectors all use the same mask--before I was okay with it.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The fact that there is no Okoto Online Game, and how also the toa all ahve the same man voice (its worst on Gali) in the animations.

(Tahu the Tank Engine)

An online game would've been great. I think they should make small sets for McDonald's toys like they did with the Tohunga. Just drop into a restaurant and buy a box off them. :D

• Upvote 3

What I don't like in G2 is that after the introduction of the toa in the online series, every episode seems to be centered on Tahu and it really bothers me since the characters aren't really fleshed out to begin with and it seems likes the other toa aren't going to get any episodes focused on them or any character development.

Lewa's kanohi design still really bothers me because of how little it has in common with the original kanohi Miru.

It has the same cheek holes(although smaller), and I really like the face visor look of it. We really do need to hear from more than Tahu, though.

The use of the CCBS building system, the switch to a less detailed armor, fists (yes), Lewas "pig faced" mask, the same masked being used for every small set, the Protectors lack of individual names, the rather minuscule amount of story, giving the Toa a "funny" quirk, the fact that they arnt even called Toa, the head-with-legs himself: LOSS, the skull spiders (form saviors of the universe, to exterminators, how the mighty have fallen), and finally, the cartoonish animations.

I'll agree with this, for the most part, I like Lewa's mask, but making the Toa quirky was a bad move. (they actually are called Toa in the animations)

Hence, referring to them as "Masters" in the packaging, of their sets, is a bit useless. They are called toa in the story all of the time so why call them masters? I know it's to appeal the younger audience and make it more understandible for them, but much more easier to just stick with toa.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Hence, referring to them as "Masters" in the packaging, of their sets, is a bit useless. They are called toa in the story all of the time so why call them masters? I know it's to appeal the younger audience and make it more understandible for them, but much more easier to just stick with toa.

I don't think the term "Master" is primarily meant to appeal to a younger audience. The main thing it does is help the sets appeal to non-fans of all ages—if you didn't know Bionicle you'd have no idea what "Toa" meant, but "Master of Fire" gives a clear impression of who Tahu is and what powers he has. And that doesn't just help new fans—it also helps parents. After all, a parent whose kid tells them that they want "Tahu, Master of Fire" is much more likely to recognize the right set than one who is told to get "Toa Hordika Vakama" (three words that have no meaning in the English language).

• Upvote 5

I don't think the term "Master" is primarily meant to appeal to a younger audience. The main thing it does is help the sets appeal to non-fans of all ages—if you didn't know Bionicle you'd have no idea what "Toa" meant, but "Master of Fire" gives a clear impression of who Tahu is and what powers he has. And that doesn't just help new fans—it also helps parents. After all, a parent whose kid tells them that they want "Tahu, Master of Fire" is much more likely to recognize the right set than one who is told to get "Toa Hordika Vakama" (three words that have no meaning in the English language).

Yeah ur pretty much right, and it does make sense to parents. They're probably not gonna buy their kid a toa if their kid uses some random words from the Maori language

• Upvote 1

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

All the fan wars. Lego brought this back so we can be together again, not separated like the Stars did.

That is the the worst of G2.  Yeah you will get opposing opinions either way but now I see a huge reason behind it...

Also

Your post is off topic.

• Upvote 1

Also

Your post is off topic.

Um... no it's not. I was replying to another member's claim with a different perspective. It's called a "discussion," and I'm far from the only member guilty of it, so I'm wondering why you're targeting me like this. Did I do something to tick you off? Does a non-negative assessment offend you in some way? What exactly is the deal?

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

There's nothing that I don't like about gen 2. At first, I was a little bummed that the sets used the ccbs system. Now that I've had them for a few months, the system has grown on me and the toa are now some of my favorite bionicle sets of all time. Also LoSS is an awesome set. Haters gonna hate.

As far as the story goes, I'm not too worried. For most people, bionicle is a brand new thing. It would be un-wise for lego to go all in for the initial release date. The new audience needs a starting point in order for the story to make sense and be easy to get into. If they released books and comics and everything from day one, it would be too much and would turn people off from it. Starting with simple and easy to understand short animations was a marketing strategy, to try and help rope in the younger audience, WHO ARE LEGOS MAIN AUDIENCE. People here seem to forget that lego is a children's toy. What probably aided in the death of bionicle was the intense story that it became. For fans like us, that story is what helped make it so amazing, and I love the g1 story line. Ultimately, though, this probably made it harder for younger kids to get into it, thus lowering the sales drastically, and thus killing the line. They need to appeal to the new generation. Frankly, I think the amount of similarities between g1 and g2 should be more than enough to keep the g1 diehards happy. We've got our first six heroes back again, we've still got makuta, and now we have ekimu, who could turn out to be the mata nui of g2. Look at how close the stories already are!

Like I've said before, lego doesn't owe us anything. If anything, we owe lego for giving us bionicle back, and giving a new story to now learn and fall in love with. I'm incredibly optimistic about where bionicle will go. It will take years and yearsss for it to become as epic as g1 and we're still only in the first few months of the release. Give it time people, and allow this story to unfold, just like we did with g1.

Edited by JanitorJake
  • Upvote 5

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

The second worst thing in G2 is that many of the G2 fans will try to flame me for liking G1 (it is only my opinion) and stating that G2 is aimed at a younger audience than before.

Any of you guys have an opinion on what would be the third worst thing?

Your post is off topic.

Um... no it's not. I was replying to another member's claim with a different perspective. It's called a "discussion," and I'm far from the only member guilty of it, so I'm wondering why you're targeting me like this. Did I do something to tick you off? Does a non-negative assessment offend you in some way? What exactly is the deal?

I am not targeting you. (Nor is it my intention.)  Your post is off topic since you are trying to correct his misconception rather than staying on topic and maybe asking why he doesn't like the simplified terminology, asking what kind of terminology would make it better, or agreeing.  Then it could start up a friendly on topic discussion.

• Upvote 1

The second worst thing in G2 is that many of the G2 fans will try to flame me for liking G1 (it is only my opinion) and stating that G2 is aimed at a younger audience than before.

Any of you guys have an opinion on what would be the third worst thing?

Your post is off topic.

I am not targeting you. (Nor is it my intention.)  Your post is off topic since you are trying to correct his misconception rather than staying on topic and maybe asking why he doesn't like the simplified terminology, asking what kind of terminology would make it better, or agreeing.  Then it could start up a friendly on topic discussion.

What? That doesn't make any sense. Clearing up misconceptions about things people dislike is totally under the banner of on-topic for here. 

(Since the topic is about what people dislike. Yeah?)

• Upvote 4

TBH I'm more of a G1 story person because I've grown up with it. I don't have much of an opinion on the G2 story because there isn't much /yet/. I'm holding out some hopes. :P

The English dub for the online animations sort of bugs me... I know that supposedly there is a narrator telling the story of the Toa who does the voices, but the dubs in other languages have actual voice acting. It makes the characters seem more alive.

I really want some other characters to be introduced into the story other than the Toa and the Protectors, just to breathe some more life into Okoto, but I think that also falls under the category of "be patient and wait for story expansion." 

One of my hopes is that we get G2 Toa Metru. Pls.

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

The second worst thing in G2 is that many of the G2 fans will try to flame me for [...] stating that G2 is aimed at a younger audience than before.

I haven't seen any flaming on the subject so much as correcting the misinformation, considering it isn't.

REALLY*raises an eye brow*?  Go to Lego.com LMB's and check the Bionicle message boards and you should find SOME flaming.

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

The second worst thing in G2 is that many of the G2 fans will try to flame me for [...] stating that G2 is aimed at a younger audience than before.

I haven't seen any flaming on the subject so much as correcting the misinformation, considering it isn't.

REALLY*raises an eye brow*?  Go to Lego.com LMB's and check the Bionicle message boards and you should find SOME flaming.

It's the LMBs; I would get flamed for saying I prefer grilled cheese to peanut butter. Hardly a metric to judge overall reactions by.

• Upvote 4

It's the LMBs; I would get flamed for saying I prefer grilled cheese to peanut butter. Hardly a metric to judge overall reactions by.

WOW, is it really THAT bad? Never been there except for one time before... :P

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat