What you don't like in G2 ?

Zidonaro

It's composed of little kids, some of whom, can be massive brats, I wouldn't be surprised if some twelve year old raised ###### over a minor point.

True, this generation definitely is a lot different from our's or the previous one... at least we have a REASON to argue/don't argue over stupid .

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

We have several reasons to argue.

1. Genders

2. Gen 1's story

3. Orientation (surprised Makaru actually joined in with a bonkles shipping post with maleXmale relationships and Bonesiii didn't have the topic locked.)

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

It's composed of little kids, some of whom, can be massive brats, I wouldn't be surprised if some twelve year old raised ###### over a minor point.

True, this generation definitely is a lot different from our's or the previous one... at least we have a REASON to argue/don't argue over stupid ######.

Let's not turn this into a "this generation" thing. Younger kids in general haven't had as much time to learn "netiquette" or social skills in general as teens and adults. Sometimes they just think they're stating their opinions and don't even recognize that what they're saying sounds rude (I mean, I'm 24 and I still sometimes phrase things poorly on the Internet).

I generally steer clear of the BIONICLE discussion forum on the LEGO Message Boards because from my experience, it can get pretty argumentative. But the Elves community there, which is much newer and smaller, tends to be a bit more civil. Maybe that's just because there's not as much to argue about yet. BIONICLE has been around for over a decade, so it goes without saying that the people who like BIONICLE don't always like the same aspects of it for the same reasons. As long as I've been a part of the BIONICLE community, there have been people who argue over whether the newest sets and story are still true to what they love about the BIONICLE theme. It's not just a G1 versus G2 thing; that's just the current form of the never-ending "new versus old" debate.

• Upvote 4

We have several reasons to argue.

1. Genders

2. Gen 1's story

3. Orientation (surprised Makaru actually joined in with a bonkles shipping post with maleXmale relationships and Bonesiii didn't have the topic locked.)

1. Ok, tumblr. Jk, but in all seriousness, I can understand why someone would want to argue about the gender ratio. :P

2. What's there to argue about that? It's over... so... tbh, we can basically just make up whatever makes us happy with our own headcanon.

3. Is that stuff not allowed here? Thought this be a pretty open-minded community. o.0

True, this generation definitely is a lot different from our's or the previous one... at least we have a REASON to argue/don't argue over stupid ######.

Let's not turn this into a "this generation" thing. Younger kids in general haven't had as much time to learn "netiquette" or social skills in general as teens and adults. Sometimes they just think they're stating their opinions and don't even recognize that what they're saying sounds rude (I mean, I'm 24 and I still sometimes phrase things poorly on the Internet).

I generally steer clear of the BIONICLE discussion forum on the LEGO Message Boards because from my experience, it can get pretty argumentative. But the Elves community there, which is much newer and smaller, tends to be a bit more civil. Maybe that's just because there's not as much to argue about yet. BIONICLE has been around for over a decade, so it goes without saying that the people who like BIONICLE don't always like the same aspects of it for the same reasons. As long as I've been a part of the BIONICLE community, there have been people who argue over whether the newest sets and story are still true to what they love about the BIONICLE theme. It's not just a G1 versus G2 thing; that's just the current form of the never-ending "new versus old" debate.

I wasn't try to turn it into a "this generation" thing, it's just that I noticed that a lot with kids these days... sorry if I offended anyone in the audience! ^_^;

|

1. It is Tumblr, did you see Makaru's Tamaru MOC? He said Tamaru identified himself as trans-gender and a member on BZPower took his hatred of trans-gender people to Tumblr after seeing the post. Also, search up "Bonesiii" on Tumblr, there is a lot of hate towards him. 

2. Aside from the messed up gender ratio, people have argued about retcons and whether or not they should stop being made and all retcons eliminated. 

3. The admins themselves are open minded, but some members do not see eye to eye and have caused massive arguments on BZPower, hence this topic not being open for discussion. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

1. It is Tumblr, did you see Makaru's Tamaru MOC? He said Tamaru identified himself as trans-gender and a member on BZPower took his hatred of trans-gender people to Tumblr after seeing the post. Also, search up "Bonesiii" on Tumblr, there is a lot of hate towards him. 

2. Aside from the messed up gender ratio, people have argued about retcons and whether or not they should stop being made and all retcons eliminated. 

3. The admins themselves are open minded, but some members do not see eye to eye and have caused massive arguments on BZPower, hence this topic not being open for discussion. 

1. Wow, kay.

2. Eh, I can see why...

3. Ah, I see. :)

|

The second worst thing in G2 is that many of the G2 fans will try to flame me for [...] stating that G2 is aimed at a younger audience than before.

I haven't seen any flaming on the subject so much as correcting the misinformation, considering it isn't.

"Misinformation"?  Oh the irony, hahaha!  Well never mind that.  :ziplip:

:fonz:  So Dina; any opinions of what you would say is the third worst thing in G2?

Edited by Mocmaker
  • Upvote 2

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

The second worst thing in G2 is that many of the G2 fans will try to flame me for [...] stating that G2 is aimed at a younger audience than before.

I haven't seen any flaming on the subject so much as correcting the misinformation, considering it isn't.

REALLY*raises an eye brow*?  Go to Lego.com LMB's and check the Bionicle message boards and you should find SOME flaming.

It's the LMBs; I would get flamed for saying I prefer grilled cheese to peanut butter. Hardly a metric to judge overall reactions by.

WOW, is it really THAT bad? Never been there except for one time before... :P

No, it isn't.

I can list several teens who go on the LMBs right now.

Well, I'm exaggerating, but yeah, the LMBs aren't a haven of rational discourse, that's for sure.

Niether is anything, really. The JP fanbase flames one another by saying stuff like "The Jurassic Worlds CGI is so stupid, the original Jurassic Park was so much better", and flame wars are started. The FNAF fanbase is, erm, it's something, and the Bionicle fanbase.....

coughcoughhasanyonebeentotheyoutubecommentsectionofanythingbioniclerelatedcoughcough

Not to mention the countless Bionicle vs Hero Factory topics.

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm exaggerating, but yeah, the LMBs aren't a haven of rational discourse, that's for sure.

Niether is anything, really. The JP fanbase flames one another by saying stuff like "The Jurassic Worlds CGI is so stupid, the original Jurassic Park was so much better", and flame wars are started. The FNAF fanbase is, erm, it's something, and the Bionicle fanbase.....

Yes, but my point is saying that something attracts flames because it does so on the LMBs is patently ridiculous. BZPower gets into arguments constantly, but compared to a fast-and-loose community like the LMBs or YouTube comments, we're singing friggin' Kumbayah. From my experience, they're not consistently enjoyable web communities.

Though I do question your definition of flame; judging by your example for the JP fanbase, it seems to be "a passionate argument for a viewpoint", which... isn't actually the definition of flaming. Merely voicing a strong opinion should not be enough to be considered flaming. In fact, I'd consider that generalized definition of it to be actively harmful to online discourse.

Edited by Dina Saruyama

Yes, but my point is saying that something attracts flames because it does so on the LMBs is patently ridiculous. BZPower gets into arguments constantly, but compared to a fast-and-loose community like the LMBs or YouTube comments, we're singing friggin' Kumbayah. From my experience, they're not consistently enjoyable web communities.

Enjoyable web communities exsist? 

Also, at least the LMBs have restrictions, with Mods even locking topics at times because of arguments. Don't get me wrong, I still don't like a good majority of the Bionicle fanbase that's there, but at least it's better than the Bionicle community on YouTube. 

• Upvote 1

So there's two Bionicles? The heck people, I just digested the entire 2001-2008 storyline in less than a hour and now you're telling me it doesn't mean ANYTHING now?

And if there wasn't admins here concerned about fighting, I'm pretty sure y'all would have gone and started a flame war over a TOY. 

Good lord, I'm going back to the BZPRPG where I know things are semi-sane....

• Upvote 4

So there's two Bionicles? The heck people, I just digested the entire 2001-2008 storyline in less than a hour and now you're telling me it doesn't mean ANYTHING now?

And if there wasn't admins here concerned about fighting, I'm pretty sure y'all would have gone and started a flame war over a TOY. 

I know right?  I came here mainly to discuss G1 and some creations casually.  Then I was corrected on some "misinformation", I was then flamed because my perspective differed from their's, and a whole ton of other things, so now I am finishing up some things and leaving BZP. (I will be leaving before Monday.) Have fun on BZPRPG!  ^_^

Back to the topic for my last time:

Enjoyable web communities exsist? 

Also, at least the LMBs have restrictions, with Mods even locking topics at times because of arguments. Don't get me wrong, I still don't like a good majority of the Bionicle fanbase that's there, but at least it's better than the Bionicle community on YouTube. 

There is no such thing as an enjoyable web community; I found that out the hard way. (I have been a member of tons of different forums) Yeah the LMBs did good at that.  Also I think I have found out the third worst thing about G2  What about the funniest thing in G2?  I say it is the irony.  Mocmaker out.

• Upvote 1

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

You clearly weren't here for the Comics section of that Titans and Monsters contest we had a year or so ago (or as I like call it hatgate). So yeah bzpower is not above arguing over stupid stuff, which can be made worse by the fact we have more adults here.

• Upvote 1

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

The 2001-2010 story means everything... to the G1 storyline. That much hasn't changed. The difference is that there's now a new storyline in addition to that, and this new one doesn't require you to know what went on in G1.

Franchises with multiple, unconnected continuities are nothing new. You wouldn't recap the entire 1960s Batman TV show and then expect Batman Begins to pick up where that series left off, would you? Same deal here. One continuity ended and another began. It doesn't at all mean your time enjoying the first was meaningless. Just that if you expect it to be integral to an entirely different continuity, you're looking for the wrong kind of meaning in it.

And yeah, without this site's moderators there would have certainly been flame wars. That's not G2's fault or even this community's fault. Do you know how many potential flame wars I've seen narrowly averted in my time on this site? Lots, and most were long before BIONICLE G1 even ended. This site's moderators are a big part of why this site is such a safe space for BIONICLE discussion compared to, say, YouTube comments. Any discussion forum on any subject is liable to descend into chaos without some kind of moderation, because any healthy community needs a host of different ideas and perspectives to sustain itself, and some people don't handle differences of opinion as well as others.

• Upvote 4