What's Small and Yellow and has Ten Thousand Fans?

The answer, of course, is "Small YELLOW" by none other than Nathan Sawaya, one of the most famous brick artists around. A smaller version of his famous 'YELLOW' sculpture has reached ten thousand votes of support on LEGO Ideas, meaning it will be reviewed for consideration to be turned into and actual set. I'm sure there would be a lot of demand for these, as Nathan is well-known inside and outside of the LEGO community and his exhibits have been visited by many, many people. Best of luck!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Yeah I've never heard of this until just now... Not sure I would buy it myself or even want to display it.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I don't know what's up with all the naysayers. Frankly, Lego has ALREADY voiced confidence in Nathan Sawaya's artwork by making him a Lego Certified Professional, and "Yellow" is perhaps Sawaya's best-known artwork, so I doubt Lego has any qualms about the content. As for the appeal—again, Sawaya makes waves in the art world as well as in the Lego community. I'd even go so far as to call him the best-known AFOL in the world (even though he himself does not consider that label to be accurate in his case). I think this project has a strong chance of success in review.

I agree with ShadowWolfHount. Due to the fact that it will only be sold online, and the model itself is only known by builders in the LEGO community, it would do terrible at sales.

Most Lego Ideas sets aren't only available online. The Minecraft, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future sets have all been available through stores like Toys R Us, while even more niche sets like Birds or the Exo-Suit are regularly stocked at Lego brand retail stores as well as some independent toy stores. I could see this particular set being a popular item for museum gift shops and bookstores, like the Lego Architecture sets.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't know what's up with all the naysayers. Frankly, Lego has ALREADY voiced confidence in Nathan Sawaya's artwork by making him a Lego Certified Professional, and "Yellow" is perhaps Sawaya's best-known artwork, so I doubt Lego has any qualms about the content. As for the appeal—again, Sawaya makes waves in the art world as well as in the Lego community. I'd even go so far as to call him the best-known AFOL in the world (even though he himself does not consider that label to be accurate in his case). I think this project has a strong chance of success in review.

I agree with ShadowWolfHount. Due to the fact that it will only be sold online, and the model itself is only known by builders in the LEGO community, it would do terrible at sales.

Most Lego Ideas sets aren't only available online. The Minecraft, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future sets have all been available through stores like Toys R Us, while even more niche sets like Birds or the Exo-Suit are regularly stocked at Lego brand retail stores as well as some independent toy stores. I could see this particular set being a popular item for museum gift shops and bookstores, like the Lego Architecture sets.

My store has those too!

cringe

Never actually seen this before, but it looks like it could actually be an affordable set. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?