How often is LDD updated?

Makuta Miras

From what I heard; not too often. There was a discussion a while back regarding this same topic. It was believed that "nitch" sets like Bionicle where certain pieces have a limited use would not be a top priority for the team to code into the LDD, choosing to instead put in more universal pieces instead.

Not that I would not mind an update with the new Bionicle pieces. I need the LOSS eye piece so my 2015 Nui-Jaga set can have eyes and not be blind. Oh and making new versions of the Toa or rather Toa versions of say my BZPRPG characters...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

LDD typically has two major updates per year, with one in the spring and one in the fall. The next update (Spring 2015) is late but I've been told it's on it's way. It will most likely include the new Bionicle parts, along with other parts from sets released in January—and hopefully the parts from March and April as well.

As ShadowWolfHount mentioned, though, Lego parts which are no longer in use are a low priority for the developers, especially classic Bionicle parts, since those tend to be extremely complex while having limited appeal to the majority of users.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother