Galvatron Drawing

Axilus Prime

As most of you probably know at this point, I like to draw Transformers. Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Lockdown...anyone I decide to draw really. I do remember getting comments about the Lockdown drawing not being as detailed as Optimus or Grimlock. Well, that's certainly true. The reason for that, though, is that he simply doesn't have as much detail on his body in the movie as those two have. Here's a guy who does.

This guy was so hard to draw, at this point I am convinced he's so evil that he refuses to cooperate with any attempt to draw him. So here is Optimus Prime's mortal enemy, a force of evil that never quits, never gives up, even when given a hole in his chest, losing an arm and a chunk of his face, and finally losing his head altogether, thus having to spend four years as a disembodied, barely living head until he could acquire a new body.

Galvatron.

• Upvote 5

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Love your opening monolog about the difficulty in procuring a acceptable attempt and graphing him to paper. That being said it looks as though to have a knack for drawing still posing shots but your motion capture leaves something to be desired(A reference to your suggestion that Lockdown was walking in your drawing).

I do believe you did a very good job in your final works for Galvatron here. I like it and as of this post apparently 3 others do as well. Even if they have not posted (yet).

I do like the level of detail from the piping o his chest to the oscillating turbines within it. If one looks each separate turbine appears on a different point in their respective cycle. Giving the effect that they are in fact different sections as opposed to a single unit. It is this type of intricate detail that makes a great artist. The Face is a bit blocked out, possibly from the abundance of lines so close together along with print smudges. Making the smaller detail harder to see but no less gives off the Galvatron feel.

The Thing about Galvatron in Age of Extinction is he doesn't really have any hard edges to play off of and his alternate mode vanishes completely upon his transformation to his robot form. This is due to the means in the movie how the Decepticons "Transform", looking almost like a mechanical version of the Sandman from the 3rd Spiderman Movie. So everything about his form is unique in that respect.

You put in a lot of hard work here and never gave up despite the suggested setbacks and it shows in your final work. Stand proud then duck for cover because Galvatron doesn't care that you rebuilt him. Your task is done and you are now expendable.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Your Transformers drawings are all pretty solid. Would you be able to do Que/Wheeljack from DOTM eventually?

You'd like me to do that? Well, it's certainly a possibility, but I have something of a bad history with drawing requests. The inspiration just doesn't strike me the same way. That being said, I do intend to (EVENTUALLY) draw the entire cast of AOE. If you have an AOE character you'd like to suggest, that'd be more likely to come through. At some point I might draw Que regardless, but I don't quite have plans for that at the moment.

Love your opening monolog about the difficulty in procuring a acceptable attempt and graphing him to paper. That being said it looks as though to have a knack for drawing still posing shots but your motion capture leaves something to be desired(A reference to your suggestion that Lockdown was walking in your drawing).

I do believe you did a very good job in your final works for Galvatron here. I like it and as of this post apparently 3 others do as well. Even if they have not posted (yet).

I do like the level of detail from the piping o his chest to the oscillating turbines within it. If one looks each separate turbine appears on a different point in their respective cycle. Giving the effect that they are in fact different sections as opposed to a single unit. It is this type of intricate detail that makes a great artist. The Face is a bit blocked out, possibly from the abundance of lines so close together along with print smudges. Making the smaller detail harder to see but no less gives off the Galvatron feel.

The Thing about Galvatron in Age of Extinction is he doesn't really have any hard edges to play off of and his alternate mode vanishes completely upon his transformation to his robot form. This is due to the means in the movie how the Decepticons "Transform", looking almost like a mechanical version of the Sandman from the 3rd Spiderman Movie. So everything about his form is unique in that respect.

You put in a lot of hard work here and never gave up despite the suggested setbacks and it shows in your final work. Stand proud then duck for cover because Galvatron doesn't care that you rebuilt him. Your task is done and you are now expendable.

Hmm, I never actually tried to add anything to suggest that Lockdown was moving his leg. Maybe I should have, though the exact motion he was doing is a bit hard to convey with motion lines, and it was far too slow of a movement to be given a smudge/blur effect. Any ideas on how I could do that next time I draw someone in motion?

Those aren't actually turbines, they're grinders. It's a big hole going straight through his chest and all the way to his back. Viewed dead on, you can look right through him. He messed with the computers so he could design his own body in the movie, and the hole was actually a countermeasure for Optimus' sword, which he destroyed by intentionally shoving into his own chest. It is made of different sections though, and they are indeed on different stages of their cycle. Some do spin in different directions, as you seem to have noticed. The face is definitely a bit messed up, I apologize for that. There are so many lines on his face, that even with a fully sharpened pencil they ended up that close together and smudged. Thankfully it didn't get to the point where you can't make out what the parts of his face are, or what his expression is. Preserving the right look in his eyes was my main goal drawing his face, and that actually took seven times re-drawing his eyes.

That's what made him so hard to draw. My method is to create an outline first (thus preserving proportions no matter how many details are put in), then draw the big chunks, then fill in the spaces between them. Galvatron has so many tubes and wires, and so few solid panels, that he took hours to draw. The boundaries between his limbs and his torso are also not nearly as defined as those on, say, Optimus, so those were really hard to put together.

Yeah, I'm definitely expendable now, you hit the nail on the head! :P But it's all right, I drew Optimus and Grimlock first. I think they have my back. :)

Thanks, all of you.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yeah you were telling me the reason his legs and feet were different was due to the toes expanding during his walk. So I was under the assumption that you tried to draw him walking.

I don't think I remember seeing a scene where Megatron destroys Prime's sword via his chest.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yeah you were telling me the reason his legs and feet were different was due to the toes expanding during his walk. So I was under the assumption that you tried to draw him walking.

I don't think I remember seeing a scene where Megatron destroys Prime's sword via his chest.

I did try to do that, but I never thought of (or figured out how to for that matter) actually indicating motion in the picture. I kinda thought the pose would lead people to assume he was walking instead.

Here's that scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If4AfGHHZig

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yeah ok, it is at 4:30+ I guess it happened so fast I missed it the first 5 something times I've watched it...

Onua.png