Favourite Bionicle quotes or lines?

"A turn to the left instead of the right, a wound received or avoided, rising from slumber an hour too early or too late ... these are the little things lifetimes hinge on, Mazeka. Your Teridax took a step on a path that circumstances allowed me to avoid. If circumstances had been different, who knows?"

— Alternate Teridax, Reign of Shadows

This is my favorite because it sums up one of my favorite dynamics of Bionicle in just one phrase: Alternate Universes.

Edited by FordianL
  • Upvote 3

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

"Horror is looking into the eyes of the Shadowed One, knowing you are about to die ... and then being forced to live. Horror is waking each day to see every part of your body moving on its own, a shifting mass of Protodites where once was solid metal and living tissue. Horror is what is in the eyes of your partners when they look at you ... and in the cries of your enemies when your swarm engulfs them. Don't talk to me about fear, creature — I am fear!"

— Zaktan to Irnakk, Inferno

For an adaption in a non-Bionicle setting, it can be translated to the following:

"Horror is looking into the eyes of Grand Master, knowing you are about to die ... and then being forced to live. Horror is waking each day to see every part of your body moving on its own, a shifting mass of flies where once was solid metal and living tissue. Horror is what is in the eyes of your partners when they look at you ... and in the cries of your enemies when your swarm engulfs them. Don't talk to me about fear, creature — I am fear!"

Still awesome sounding. :afro:

And those first and third quotes presented in this topic are great as well!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Some of Matau's lines in the movies were priceless.

"HELLO, METRU NUI! I always wanted to loudshout that!"

"Look at me, I can- (SPLAT) Wind...Fly..."

"Hey, You'd better not scratch my armour!"

"Look, guys! It's Keetongu! ...not."

"So, we came all this way... Just to find out that WE DIDN'T HAVE TO COME ALL THIS WAY?!"

"Alright, who fired the tickle spinner?"

I could go on all day, but those are the ones which stand out for me,

• Upvote 2

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

"So, we came all this way... Just to find out that WE DIDN'T HAVE TO COME ALL THIS WAY?!"

Ok, let's be honest... who doesn't love Matau?

• Upvote 3

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

G1: "Another Hafu original!"

G2: "I vote for Onua. He certainly knows how to 'grab attention'. Hmhm."

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

"I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the darkness cannot stand before me."

— Toa Mata Kopaka

I love that quote.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Nokama. 

"Either the universe has gone insane, or I have. I vote for the universe." -Vakama

Bro... too soon.

Yeah, putting that response and my honest to goodness favorite Bionicle quote in the same post wasn't one of my better ideas. :P

• Upvote 1

Ah, Makuta, thought Teridax. We are the same being in different universes, but I am not you. You're a plotter ... a schemer ... not wanting to get your claws dirty, if you can avoid it. You would think of all sorts of ways to fight the Takanuva from a distance ... all of which would fail.

Teridax unlimbered his war hammer. You would never think of doing this.

This quote has become one of my favorites since Gen 1 Bionicle ended. It just shows how great Light Teridax was in the story. Zaktan's threat to Irnakk would be a close second though.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Ah, Makuta, thought Teridax. We are the same being in different universes, but I am not you. You're a plotter ... a schemer ... not wanting to get your claws dirty, if you can avoid it. You would think of all sorts of ways to fight the Takanuva from a distance ... all of which would fail.

Teridax unlimbered his war hammer. You would never think of doing this.

This quote has become one of my favorites since Gen 1 Bionicle ended. It just shows how great Light Teridax was in the story. Zaktan's threat to Irnakk would be a close second though.

Stole my quote :P I agree. I got so pumped up when I first read this sentence, because you can't get much better than a white and gold Terry smashing in shadow Takanuva left and right :D

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

"I need that mask — the universe needs it — try anything, and I will personally show you the meaning of ‘dead in the water.'"

— Hahli to Dekar-Hydraxon, Downfall

Just gotta love a Mahri quote.

Noka--

Nokama. 

Dangit.

What, no MNOG yet? Really? (The ones here are really good though.) Well, here are a few of my favorites:

Jala says I have to be careful of the Makuta when I am in the forest. He says the Makuta is everywhere. He means Rahi. Monsters. Things you can see. But I know the Makuta is here now, in these burnt trees, and in the dead soil. All of these things were destroyed by the Makuta, but the Makuta never left them. That is how he becomes strong. That is what the Makuta does. He destroys things.

I think the forest looks very beautiful this way too. And when it burned, you could see all the fires perform their Great Takara all the way to the sea, and it was very beautiful.

In creation, there is destruction. In destruction, there is rebirth. There is no such thing as void; all things are in flux.

When wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Who ate all the pies? Who ate all the pies?

And then there's Matoro to Teridax in the Kingdom:

No, Makuta. You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong – it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist – even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits ... and minds ... can be broken.

I'm sure someone else will point something out and I'll think, "Oh yeah, how did I miss that?" These are just the few that come to mind.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

"Wow, you make Kongu look handsome. You're nearly as friendly as he is, too."

-Toa Hewkii to Gadunka

"This is a disaster."

"No. This is an opportunity. You must learn to know the difference, Nokama."

-Rahaga Gaaki to Hordika Nokama

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr