What do you LIKE about CCBS?

hiddenderek

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of CCBS but I do recognize that it brings a lot of good qualities to the table and has huge benefits for MOCing. 

One of the main things I love about CCBS is this piece

JGLPQwO.jpg

Its FAR more easy and natural to use in MOCing than the equivalent Bionicle used. 

15896-technic-connector-2-x-5-with-two-b

With G1 bionicle you used to have a specialized lower leg piece that would attach to this piece and then to the feet, usually with a ball joint on each end. Changing it so that there's a ball joint AND socket both on the same non-specialized piece was a very smart move in my opinion, and creates a lot more possibilities. That's not saying the old bionicle bone piece wasn't handy when used creatively in MOCing, either. Just not anywhere near as effective for joints. 

Also, the ambiguity of the parts. Bionicle was known for cramming as much pistons and gears into their parts as possible. As a result most of its armor was highly specialized, noisy, and could only really be used for robotic or mechanical things (Some aren't I admit, the Nuva shoulder armor is fantastic for Mocing and is widely used even with system Mocs) With CCBS you can use almost all of its armor to represent anything, and is more in the spirit of Lego, similar to lego bricks themselves,  in my opinion. Just look at this awesome goofy MOC I found on the internet today. (Link to creator's Deviant art)

RJClyMI.jpg

So what are the things you like about CCBS? 

Edit: One more thing I like about CCBS is its wide variety in part colors, the later years of bionicle got really bland with its overuse of dark red, dark green, etc. 

Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 2

the pieces are so simple yet so useful! i have Kopaka, Pro-of-Water, and 20% of a stormer 2.0, and yet i have made, like, four or five unique looking things with this limited shell selection. just flip the shell, the add-on, which add-on it has etc...

it's quick, simple, sturdy, cohesive, and honestly less of a pain on my fidgety fingers than using pins for everything was. :U

(also that small beast foot, with skull spider legs, is what the 2008 shadow matoran foot WISHES it could be. :V)

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

- Sockets that don't snap after being connected/disconnected once or twice

- More use of hard plastic: this makes the pieces more durable and increases stability with the feet

- A bunch of useful bone pieces - mainly the short ones  

I like how the shells have a nice, clean look and don't build dust as fast as G1 pieces did. but they have some big drawbacks as well.

• Upvote 3

-Durablity (darn those post 2005 pieces!)

-Variety, mostly of bone/shell sizes (shapes are a tad limited).

-New BIONICLE piston piece :D

-Ease of building. No need to get frustrated with it, its simple and fun to create a boatload of different stuff.

-Technic compatibilty. Gen1 had this too but I find CCBS + Technic works wonders

-Smoother, more similar textures. Gen1's excessive pistons were mad easy to get messy looking

-Aesthetic. This is a personal opinion but I really like how it looks.

-Fun. Its just a really enjoyable system!

I love how durable the parts feel. Nothing feels loose or flimsy and they attach tightly. They don't seem like they will break any time soon and I love that. The quick snapping of the armour feels natural and fun. I've never had a bad time building a CCBS set thus far.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I like the new armor shells (? I'm not really up to date with the terminology), for they make for a so much more streamlined, 'elegant' type of armour. They also translate into my art style more naturally, so that's also a plus, even if it's not relevant for everyone. ^^

And I am really fond of the gear functions. They seem somewhat more sturdy/durable to me.

Last but not least, poseability! Poseability plus gear functions! Nokama Metru, for all I love her, was always a bit annoying to pose with the mechanism swinging both arms in opposite directions... <_<

• Upvote 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I like the new armor shells (? I'm not really up to date with the terminology), for they make for a so much more streamlined, 'elegant' type of armour. They also translate into my art style more naturally, so that's also a plus, even if it's not relevant for everyone. ^^

And I am really fond of the gear functions. They seem somewhat more sturdy/durable to me.

Last but not least, poseability! Poseability plus gear functions! Nokama Metru, for all I love her, was always a bit annoying to pose with the mechanism swinging both arms in opposite directions... <_<

All you gotta know about CCBS:

Shells = things you put on the ball joints on the bones

Bones = endoskeleton

:)

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I love the versatility. No matter if you're using pieces from Hero Factory, Bionicle, Super Heroes, Chima, or Star Wars, the pieces are compatible and look great together. Old gen1 Bionicle pieces were so specialized that they didn't really fit into any other lines.

• Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg