Ancient:
The First Hunter by Emissary to the Void

Hydraxon:
Three on Three by Makuta Matata

Jovan:
Teacher by Tikiturbo

Spiriah:
All That Glitters by Magnus Greel

Note: Here's the final math explanation.

A huge thanks to everybody who participated in and helped with this (finally ending! lol) contest!

• Upvote 11

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

*applause*

FINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLY. 

*more applause*

Congratulations to the winners! If they are still around to accept their awards, they deserve it - first for writing their stories, and then for waiting almost THREE. WHOLE. YEARS. 

*continues clapping* *stands up*

*walks out, still applauding*

i only read the one featuring Makuta Icarax, and I am glad to see that it was one of the winners! Congrats Baron! :D Glad to see some canon development on an intriguing character. Although he controlled darkness, his death was caused by being left in it; like the other Makuta (I hate that selfish Teridax... <_<).  I will get around to reading the others at a later time.

Again, congratulations everyone, and i hope the lot of you all had patience to spare! :lol:   I was actually going to start writing on a story for this contest back in January, but after writing a paragraph I noticed that the submission deadline had already passed. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

So, first off, congrats to all the winners :D.  You deserve it.  They were all great stories.  Secondly, I think I already know the answer to this question, but I'll ask it just to be sure: Will these stories be posted to BS01, or would Greg need to approve of each of them before that could happen?

Either way, I think I know what I'm going to be reading over the next couple days :popcorn:

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

Oh wow. Didn't notice this announcement post! :o

Well done to everyone who entered and congratulations to everyone those who won! Big hand to to bonesii in particular, for his consistent dedication to seeing this contest through over the years (years!!!). It now feels really odd to accept that this contest is over.

Edited by Mersery
  • Upvote 2

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

First, as someone who followed Bionicle from the beginning but never got involved in the community until recently, this contest (and the ones that came before it) was awesome.  Congratulations to everyone: contestants, judges, and even just the voters.

Now that that sentimental nonsense is out of the way, let's get to MORE sentimental nonsense!  
Does anyone else find this contest ironic?  The contest who's theme is honoring dead characters is itself is the conclusion to Bionicle.  It almost as though the contest itself is a memoir for Bionicle.  

• Upvote 3

I'm just curious, how many of you guys read the Reysa story? I felt that was probably the strongest one out of the stories (thematically and in terms of writing), yet so few people voted for it. :/

I have a feeling a lot of people neglected it since Reysa isn't exactly a front-and-centre character, and so got shafted. Whoever is reading this post right now, I urge you to go read the story if you haven't. It's a very well written and meaningful story that I absolutely wished was in the top few. 

Congrats to all the winners, though! There were some really awesome stories out there which are a fitting send off to the old generation of canon. Hopefully in the future, we can also have some input into the Gen2 storyline in a similar manner. I can't wait to see what's in store for us. :)

Edited by Iku
  • Upvote 2

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

Secondly, I think I already know the answer to this question, but I'll ask it just to be sure: Will these stories be posted to BS01, or would Greg need to approve of each of them before that could happen?

Yeah, I was curious about this too. Since the announcement was made a few days ago, I'm just assuming there's some kind of approval process going on or they haven't got round to it.

Edited by Mersery

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to all the winners! :D Even if I didn't win, I still feel so happy to have been part of the last canon story contest for G1. It was one crazy 2-year ride!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally this is over, I thought it was never gonna happen. :P

Are these canon - canon? Or are they in the same situation as the last bunch of stories that never got read by Greg?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

• 4 months later...

Hey, so, are these winning entries now official canon? Should they be put on BS01?

EDIT: I see this question has already been asked. I gather that Greg hasn't yet read them, and all things considered, who knows when that'll happen. But, like everyone said, it's great that these stories won, though I'm pretty late to saying that. 

I remember, I was a freshman in high school during the submission period, and I was working on a story, but due to my struggles with OCD I was never able to finish, or really get anywhere with it. Even with the extension, I would just find myself wasting all the time I had, even though it was really important to me. I really wish I could have done it back then. Maybe I'll finish it someday. 

Edited by Magnetic Vorahk
I miss BIONICLE.