Bionicle Mafia 23: Red Sea

Xaeraz

Going to keep my vote on Boat six. Don't exactly like the thought of lynching folks just because they are inactive, because we never know what the circumstances could be. I know I would be slightly upset if I came back after internet being out for sometime and saw I had died for inactivity.
But fully supports the lynching of the inactive boat, since evidence does point against them.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Going to keep my vote on Boat six. Don't exactly like the thought of lynching folks just because they are inactive, because we never know what the circumstances could be. I know I would be slightly upset if I came back after internet being out for sometime and saw I had died for inactivity.

But fully supports the lynching of the inactive boat, since evidence does point against them.

So you'd rather kill off all of the active players and have the game slowly die from inactivity?

right because that's not a problem we have ever suffered from

nope

not at all

• Upvote 7

So you'd rather kill off all of the active players and have the game slowly die from inactivity?

nope

not at all

If that happens, I'll engage phase 3-C

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

nope

not at all

No, more like if they are still inactive at the end you just kill them off with the almighty host powers... 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Voxumo, there's one problem with that.

We won't reach the end if the players are inactive, because there'll be nobody voting, nobody killing, nobody doing anything. The game will become stagnant. And nobody will win the game. We'll all lose to our common foe: Inactivity. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Voxumo, there's one problem with that.

We won't reach the end if the players are inactive, because there'll be nobody voting, nobody killing, nobody doing anything. The game will become stagnant. And nobody will win the game. We'll all lose to our common foe: Inactivity. 

I put myself forth to take the roles of any inactive players. =P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

nope

not at all

If there's no reason to vote for them other than they're inactive, I'd like to keep my vote on the active people that actually seem suspicious.

(I also don't get why I'm supposedly inactive; as I just voted in this round)

2xu8Ptu.png

nope

not at all

Out of curiousity, when has that happened? I can't recall a game (that I've played, at least) in which it died from innactivity (of players, not the host)

2xu8Ptu.png

It's happened quite a number of times. The mafians get the brilliant idea to kill off all the active players, and leave all the inactive ones, and everyone just sits around waiting.

While technically they could go for a win by default that way... they also tend too go inactive too right after. >>

nope

not at all

Out of curiousity, when has that happened? I can't recall a game (that I've played, at least) in which it died from innactivity (of players, not the host)

Let's see here

Mafia V ended because the host went inactive

Mafia VII ended due to inactivity + hacking data loss

Mafia XII ended because the host (and players?) went inactive

Mafia XV ended because the host went inactive

Mafia XVII ended because the host went inactive

Requiem of the Dead ended because players went inactive (followed by the host)

Damage Control ended because players + host went inactive

Both Ninjago Mafia games ended due to combined player and host inactivity

---

So hosts going inactive is a more common killer of games than players going inactive (obviously), but that's because, while the mafia playerbase often makes the most stupid decisions as a collective, they usually retain enough common sense to realize that killing every active player is an excellent way to make sure that the game grinds to a halt before it can finish.

• Upvote 4

I will admit, however, that if some people stay active(which this mafia isn't proving to do), they could theoretically force the game into a win by default via killing the actives and relying on the vote timer...

But that would require too perfect a set of circumstances, and if it goes down to an inactive mafian left, then they just killed the game.

You best start believin' in ghost mafia.

Yer in one.

No one listens to you; you're just here for the post count. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So hosts going inactive is a more common killer of games than players going inactive (obviously), but that's because, while the mafia playerbase often makes the most stupid decisions as a collective, they usually retain enough common sense to realize that killing every active player is an excellent way to make sure that the game grinds to a halt before it can finish.

Alright. I was just wondering because you made it sound like games dying from player innactivity (rather than the host) happened a lot.

2xu8Ptu.png

True.

what a monster

Alright. I was just wondering because you made it sound like games dying from player innactivity (rather than the host) happened a lot.

it doesn't.

because, like I pointed out, the players are usually smart enough to realize that it's a stupid idea.

You vastly overestimate our collective intelligence, Voltex.

no, I really don't

after I hosted XVIII I knew there was no return from the utter incompetency that the village had displayed. this is just the natural continuation of that trend.

an unfortunate one, because now the idiocy is leading to "let's make sure the games become inactive because wow what a great idea everybody"

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

There should be a mafia game which involves a time bomb like if something doesnt get done in the game in certain times everyone dies or something

Game in which the pro-town roles are known by the Mafia, but are invulnurable (and probably can't vote). However, as the game goes on various events causes them to die. Taking too long, a vote swinging on a mafioso, other special effects or such. Lore would be a 999-esque game(maybe? haven't played it yet =( ), in which the mafia placed the protown into some outside event, while they run amock aboveground. Maybe some sort of outside meta game as well, where the protown roles much solve problems or such. Maybe something else for the villagers?

There should be a mafia game which involves a time bomb like if something doesnt get done in the game in certain times everyone dies or something

That's called "Mask of Ultimate Power 2: The Race for the Mask of Time". :P

Really, what Mafia needs is games that run on time, 24 hour rounds, thank you Kaneo. The fact that it isn't required leads to both player and host inactivity and lack of player engagement. This has been established like 5 games ago by now - ever since XXI, most games have bogged or died because the Mafia doesn't respond timely or the host has lag. 

I vote 5. Vuxomo is almost certainly a killer.

If I was killer, do you not think I would have sent my kills in rather quickly? Afterall all it would take is for one Mafia to go 'Send person A to kill Person B' for it to take place, as long as no one spoke up against it. You can ask people who've been in mafia with me when I was mafia, I'm very prompt about trying to decide who to kill.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Both Killers are dead, Sg

*Snaps fingers*

I think he was just referring to Killer in the general sense, not specifically an SK.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Wouldn't that make us all killers, though? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar