Bionicle Projects

BMM95

Well, G1 is short for Generation One, meaning the first "generation" of bionicles, when talking about toylines and such, a reboot is what separates any two generations.

I plan on finishing off my little team of revamps with Av-matoran Takua and a Ko-matoran (can't decide which though)

I've always thought of myself as an Av-Matoran disguised as a Ko-Matoran... so why not both? :3

I mean I'm going to do both, just can't decide which Ko-matoran.

Oh... try Matoro, I'm sure he'd like a Matoran revamp... haven't seen many of those around, actually.

I've got his G1 mask anyway, and Sand blue CCBS is coming out later this year...okay then,

Well, G1 is short for Generation One, meaning the first "generation" of bionicles, when talking about toylines and such, a reboot is what separates any two generations.

I plan on finishing off my little team of revamps with Av-matoran Takua and a Ko-matoran (can't decide which though)

I've always thought of myself as an Av-Matoran disguised as a Ko-Matoran... so why not both? :3

I mean I'm going to do both, just can't decide which Ko-matoran.

Oh... try Matoro, I'm sure he'd like a Matoran revamp... haven't seen many of those around, actually.

I've got his G1 mask anyway, and Sand blue CCBS is coming out later this year...okay then,

I'd like some more gold, white, and trans blue pieces... just for variety... totally not gonna horde them all to myself and use them all on an ultimate form of my self MOC... >.>

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Originally, I was going to make a feature-length BIONICLE movie using the free animation software "Blender". Needless to say, that hasn't happened, and while I won't say it's off the table, I've decided to set my sights on a smaller, more practical goal: I'm modeling a Hau. So far, it looks just like a Hau you would get in a set (minus the color and texture), but I still want to make some changes so that it is more "movie-styled" and not an exact replica of the piece.

Originally, I was going to make a feature-length BIONICLE movie using the free animation software "Blender". Needless to say, that hasn't happened, and while I won't say it's off the table, I've decided to set my sights on a smaller, more practical goal: I'm modeling a Hau. So far, it looks just like a Hau you would get in a set (minus the color and texture), but I still want to make some changes so that it is more "movie-styled" and not an exact replica of the piece.

GL;HF bro, hope that turns out well! :D

|

What kind of hardware do you need to run blender?

What kind of hardware do you need to run blender?

I can run it, and I don't have a high end computer. :P

|

I'd like to get all the parts to make a metru green rahkshi, because I've wanted to since kongu mahri came out lol, otherwise, maybe like an ultimate villian or something, I'm looking at making a tan, sand blue, and black villian and giving him the most awesome back story and personality :P but it's just for fun. (I love unorthidox color schemes when they are balanced, my favorite I ever used was -maroon, metru green, light orange, and red- he was a plant life titan.

Edited by banana92
  • Upvote 1

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I'm making a "custom year" of Bionicle, pretty much what 2009 could/should have been. After Teridax took over the universe, some cool stuff happened in the Matoran universe, but we were too busy in gladiator land and only got a serial for it - Reign of Shadows, which is pretty much what this is. 

The idea is that this would be 2009, and the Glatorian/Bara Magna would be pushed forward to 2010, however in canon they would still take place at the same time. The first wave of sets for this year would consist of the six Toa Nuva, in forms which look like a cross between their Nuva forms and adaptive armour forms, since the idea is the armour failed, and they were semi-reverted back. They have also upgraded their weapons, and got a few additional weapons. The other 6 canister sets consist of three Rahkshi; Plant Control, Cyclone and Chain Lightning. Then Helryx, Lariska and one other set I haven't yet decided on. Then in the summer there would be an Artakha titan set, along with some others, again, undecided. Most of the "sets" for wave 1 are finished or close to finished, as well as most of Artakha. The Cryoshell song paired with this year would be Falling. In my mind there would also be a movie for the year, with a slightly darker tone than what we're used to, with the Toa split up and in hiding, some forming small resistance forces while at the same time on the run from Rahkshi and Exo-Toa. The movie would end the Ignika flying through space approaching Bara Magna.

I'm also working on a combined universe of sorts, which connects G1 and G2, and also introduces a fanmade planet in the middle inhabited by MOCs, which other people will be able to add and contribute to. However the project is on hold due to some issues, but here's an map showing the basic idea. 

http://toachronix.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Combined-Universe-Universe-Map-V2-521149932

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-
  • Upvote 3

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

What? The first "time" of Bionicle is called G1 by some.

I'm currently working on bulking up my custom toa. And giving him more weapons, the five he has don't seem like enough.

Five weapons isn't enough? Seriously? 

Now I want to see this custom Toa. Seems like he's armed to the hilt. Me likey. 

-------------------------------------

Hmm, Bionicle projects. I'm working on a post-G1-story Bionicle fanifiction and a really big LDD model, of the true nature must remain secret for now. 

nope, an armed Toa is a happy toa. ^_^

Wow, a point I agree with you on! High-five!

Weapons are a big part of conveying a Toa's personality and fighting style. Or to put it like the designers at the BIONICLE panel at New York Comic-Con, "A Toa without weapons... is not a Toa". :P Then again, that's part of why I've never really been able to create a Toa self-MOC I'm happy with, since I have a hard time thinking of a weapon I'd be comfortable with. I'm generally not a very aggressive person.

I don't have a lot of BIONICLE projects in progress right now, other than keeping up with BIONICLE-related tweets on Twitter. Oh, and I have a drawing of G2 Lewa in progress... I've pretty much finished, but I just need to motivate myself to finish drawing the feet, hands, and weapons.

I have also been trying to make a MOC of a friend's original character in the G2 style, but it's quite a challenge to keep things faithful to my (and their) vision of the character while also meeting the high standards of complexity, uniqueness, and functionality set by the official Toa sets. Maybe I'm being too strict with myself, though.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

nope, an armed Toa is a happy toa. ^_^

Wow, a point I agree with you on! High-five!

Weapons are a big part of conveying a Toa's personality and fighting style. Or to put it like the designers at the BIONICLE panel at New York Comic-Con, "A Toa without weapons... is not a Toa". :P Then again, that's part of why I've never really been able to create a Toa self-MOC I'm happy with, since I have a hard time thinking of a weapon I'd be comfortable with. I'm generally not a very aggressive person.

I don't have a lot of BIONICLE projects in progress right now, other than keeping up with BIONICLE-related tweets on Twitter. Oh, and I have a drawing of G2 Lewa in progress... I've pretty much finished, but I just need to motivate myself to finish drawing the feet, hands, and weapons.

I have also been trying to make a MOC of a friend's original character in the G2 style, but it's quite a challenge to keep things faithful to my (and their) vision of the character while also meeting the high standards of complexity, uniqueness, and functionality set by the official Toa sets. Maybe I'm being too strict with myself, though.

Perhaps your self-MOC would use mind games in order to trick his foes into hurting themselves? :3

|

Ever thought of giving him a shield? It would give the idea of defense instead of offense, and could definitely be used for a weapon if need be. Seems to work for Captain America.

Edited by jmflem
  • Upvote 3

I'm still working on the old kits (I've been doing this for 10 years now. What am I doing with my life?). Currently trying to add a couple more limb pieces for the 2015 sets. My eventual goal is to get as much of CCBS done so people can really go nuts and make anything the like! But alas, being a working irresponsible adult has its pitfalls.

Still, feel free to visit a decade's worth of work (man I feel old now) in my sig! And good luck on all your projects!

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

a nightstick could work, or some other non-lethal weapon.

I don't think any sensible Toa is out to kill, no matter how lethal their weapon seems. Also, everything is lethal if you're determined and creative enough.

Exactly what we're saying, Aanchir's MOC would be peaceful, so it wouldn't use some over-the-top weapon.

Ever thought of giving him a shield? It would give the idea of defense instead of offense, and could definitely be used for a weapon if need be. Seems to work for Captain America.

My self-MOC uses a buzz-saw shield and an icy fist... it's pretty cool and it works really well.

|

I don't see why Aanchir can't post the MoC without a weapon. While an armed Toa is indeed a happy Toa, forcing a character to have a weapon when they naturally wouldn't want one is bad practice.

For example, if I was doing a Tacker MoC (which is now a feasible proposition, thanks to white and keetorange CCBS shells), he wouldn't carry a weapon because he doesn't think that he needs one.

• Upvote 1

I don't see why Aanchir can't post the MoC without a weapon. While an armed Toa is indeed a happy Toa, forcing a character to have a weapon when they naturally wouldn't want one is bad practice.

For example, if I was doing a Tacker MoC (which is now a feasible proposition, thanks to white and keetorange CCBS shells), he wouldn't carry a weapon because he doesn't think that he needs one.

While my MoC Taranoss has weapons (including a sniper and two electric swords), he normally starts out using his fists, as he believes no one can break him.

Also, Taranoss is another MoC I'm working on, you can see his first build on my flickr. :3

Edited by Forgeta

|

a nightstick could work, or some other non-lethal weapon.

I don't think any sensible Toa is out to kill, no matter how lethal their weapon seems. Also, everything is lethal if you're determined and creative enough.

Such as

Lamps

Pillows

Computers

Branches

Books

Remote Controls

Food

And so much more!!!

But hey, how would I know how to use those to kill? *Proceeds to hide a dozen Bodys*

Edited by Dragon11603
  • Upvote 3

I'm working on a comic series called "Kanohi School". The title isn't that good, but it's the best I could come up with.

The story is set during the Makuta of Metru Nui's reign where the matoran are in hiding, the turaga have been captured and the Po-Matoran have been brainwashed to carve statues of Teridax. The heroes of the story are four matoran that get taught how to use kanohi by a toa of fire. Eventually, other toa are found and soon, a school of some sort is formed to teach matoran how to access kanohi powers.

Ahkmou is the story's villain, who is now a toa of stone, but with a new kraahkan forged in the shape of his old kanohi, he can control the shadows as well.

Seeing as I haven't made the scripts for the comics and I haven't even fleshed out what's going to be the climax of the story, I might not be able to finish it until next year.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I'm working on a comic series called "Kanohi School". The title isn't that good, but it's the best I could come up with.

The story is set during the Makuta of Metru Nui's reign where the matoran are in hiding, the turaga have been captured and the Po-Matoran have been brainwashed to carve statues of Teridax. The heroes of the story are four matoran that get taught how to use kanohi by a toa of fire. Eventually, other toa are found and soon, a school of some sort is formed to teach matoran how to access kanohi powers.

Ahkmou is the story's villain, who is now a toa of stone, but with a new kraahkan forged in the shape of his old kanohi, he can control the shadows as well.

Seeing as I haven't made the scripts for the comics and I haven't even fleshed out what's going to be the climax of the story, I might not be able to finish it until next year.

...that's amazing.

• Upvote 1

|

Interesting idea! I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Oh no, this isn't an issue of me having a completed MOC I need a weapon for. Far from it. Coming up with a self-MOC or even a BIONICLE OC is a challenge for me from the get-go — coming up with a weapon is just one of the hardest parts.

At its core it's just the struggle of coming up with what kind of character fits my own self-image. The BIONICLE universe (G1 and G2 alike) is a world of larger-than-life action heroes. Even the ordinary villagers have to be ready for a crisis at any time — the Mata Nui Online Game II is the closest thing BIONICLE ever had to slice-of-life storytelling featuring characters with fairly ordinary lives. And I just have a hard time figuring out how I'd fit in in that sort of universe. I have to ask myself what I would do, if I were in this world, if I were in these sorts of situations. What kind of tools would I carry? What kind of armor would I wear? What would be my elemental alignment? What kind of lifestyle would I lead? How would the skills and talents I have translate into a world of action and adventure? And I always have a lot of trouble with those kinds of hypothetical questions. I'm uncertain enough about my actual future as it is. Perhaps a person like me wouldn't fit in the BIONICLE universe at all!

Projects. (Sigh). I have way to many for my own good. So may as well give a list

1.. Built a two foot tall Bionicle figure. (don't have nearly enough parts yet)

2. Write a book series (part way threw the first)

3. Make comics (kinda going no where)

4. Collect all store related items masks, disks, sets, kaarata, krana and so on

5. Bionicle art

6. Get my blog moving along.

7. Write a encyclopedia for my Bionicle world

8. Stop motion

9. Create all the Po-Matoran from MNOG 2 in Tohunga form (half way there)

I'm pretty sure I have more but these are the ones that come to mind first. 

-Onvermel- :pakari:

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp