Bionicle Projects

BMM95

Today I started working on designing an iMac with the transparent orange Tahu mask from the Hero pack. An iMask, if you will. It's just a joke MOC, but I'd like to have something to elicit a few chuckles at conventions.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm getting together with a friend to plan out a massive (probably overly ambitious) continuation of the Gen1 story in serialised chapters. Since there are a tonne of characters and unfinished plot threads, it's going to be a very, very difficult project to undertake, also considering how they introduced the Gold Fusion, Velika's murderous rampage, The Shadowed One's acquisition of the Makuta viruses and subsequent amassing an army, Kabrua's Hunger Games ripoff, the Baterra, the Red Star's inhabitants, the reborn League of Six Kingdoms marching for war, Marendar, Gaardus, the EP entity, the Antidermis Brutaka, Toa Varian going to be unstasis-ified soon, Voporak with the Mask of Time, etc.

We also want to look into some of our own original stories (hinted within the established canon, or otherwise stories we want to do that aren't a part of any current story threads), for example: 

Krakua defending an island fortress in the future, a story about Kanohi and identity, a story about the element lords (present, not past), Federation of Fear sequel, a story focusing on the Chronicler's Company, a story focusing on the Mahri-toran + Mazeka and Hydraxon (all basic elements represented there), a story focusing on Gavla as a character, and possibly more. 

It's a lot of loose ends to tie up and a lot of story opportunities we want to pursue. It will likely be told as a collection of concurrently running serials. Considering the fact that we also have to find a good climax and logical narrative progression, alongside making sure most characters aren't forgotten, whether this plan will actually follow through to the end is a very real uncertainty. 

But do or do not, there is no try, so we're going to see how far we can take it.  ;)

• Upvote 2

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

I started working on a project involving, essentially, BIONICLE Gen1, 2001, with humanized matoran. (Partially because I'm taking a costume design course and I'm having fun coming up with ideas.) I got inspired by watching the old 2002 Bohrok animations and playing MNOG, going "what would these characters look like if they were human? What would their clothing suggest about their jobs and lifestyles, and where they live? What would they do if they were forced to go on a quest together?" That sort of thing. It's really fun, especially when it came to design. Hewkii, for example, probably wears his sports uniform all the time, while Jaller is constantly seen in his Guard uniform. Hahli wears sleek but comfortable clothing for her constant underwater expeditions for supplies, and Nuparu has a ton of pockets for spare parts and tools. Matoro has a thick cloak when he's hunting in the drifts, and Kongu... Well, I haven't gotten to him yet. Also have ideas for the Chronicler's company. 

I want to write a story based on these designs as well, but I'm going to wait until Some other projects are finished, or at least at a point where I can leave them sitting for a bit. It's fun to return to these characters and the world of Mata Nui.

Also, there may be a running gag involving Hewkii's Jersey and the constant misspelling of his name. 

• Upvote 1

Defy Expectations

Well I created my own moc that creates figures similar to the new ones. Except with no gear box. I have yet to figure that out. So far they're just poseable. I made one of Hewkii, I have pictures but I don't know how to post them... I'm on a droid.

I have my toa character. Using a few modifications such as the arms staying in place and poseable legs and neck. It is on a Toa Mata base.

Plus a few scattered projects here and there, mainly testing elements.

anyone know how to upload a photo? (aside from photobucket?) I want to show you guys my MoC.

Never fear, computer guru is here!

You gotta go to your profile, click on gallery under your profile pic and then click upload an image. (If you have any trouble, PM and I'll get back to you ASAP)

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

What's inspiring you for your projects guys?

Years back, there were a couple of other kits that did the same thing mine do (let you build your own characters and such). I used these quite a lot to create various things including characters for stories etc. Unfortunately, neither kit was going to tackle the 2005 sets, so I decided to take the job on myself. Before I knew it, I was starting all over again from 2001 and making everything from scratch! I kept this up until Bionicle stopped in 2010.

I came back to this recently because the new sets are really great, and I like CCBS as a system. I want it to be possible to build and create characters who it isn't possible to make with existing pieces. I want to be able to see characters using CCBS with parts and elements in various colours that don't exist. So I guess my reasons are much the same as they were when I started - I make the kits because I want them to exist, and no one else is making them.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I just wanted to make a series to entertain people, as well as give help to people in the Bionicle community. My series every-so-often showcases fan projects, which helps me get some recognition for the series as well as the other content creator.

I also have a game play series of the fan-made game Okoto Online Game, which helped get the creator some positive feedback after I played it. But not only was it helpful to the creator as more and more people were playing the game, but it made myself feel good. I'll be honest, if you've seen those videos, then you know that I very nearly raged, and that plus my own commentary and annotations entertained people. I feel good when other people feel good.

While I know that my series isn't the best thing on the inter webs, I know that there are people who enjoy it. That just makes me feel good.  :)

I'm planning on making a Hahli Mahri revamp, I currently have all the bricks planned out, I just need to order them, overall, it'll cost me about five dollars minimum.

I've also started a comic:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18476-the-kf-girls/

This is unique in comparison to other comics I've made and things I've drawn in that it was

A. Requested

B. Made to look like actual bricks

And so each character within it can actually be built, and so I'm considering buying the parts off of bricklink and assembling them myself.

Currently working on a Bionicle novel that will almost completely reimagine the Bionicle world. It draws elements from G1 and G2 and mixes them together on the 2001 Mata Nui setting. When it's done it will be a big boom (I hope) and quite long as well. It will take no less than a year. You can read what I have completed so far and comment on it from the links in my sig. (advertising: you're doing it right...?)

• Upvote 1

Reading Soran's comic emporium and Loganto's old comics inspired me to try my hand at making Kanohi School. So far, I have a main cast, considering what else I could do for fan interaction besides making guest star comics. I've had to sprite 6 shaded Rahkshi sprites since there's no such thing as a Chimoru R rahkshi spritesheet, but I can make a comic soon. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Now I've started on RAHI, first up that I built last night, The FROST TARAKAVA, cousin to the Sand and Water Tarakava, it Lurks in the Snow of Ko-Wahi, Now Muaka won't be the only thing haunting a Ko-Matorans mind...

Anyway, What other Rahi have Variations like the Tarakava?(I Need to make up a Few...)

Edited by Dragon11603
  • Upvote 1

Now I've started on RAHI, first up that I built last night, The FROST TARAKAVA, cousin to the Sand and Water Tarakava, it Lurks in the Snow of Ko-Wahi, Now Muaka won't be the only thing haunting a Ko-Matorans mind...

Anyway, What other Rahi have Variations like the Tarakava?(I Need to make up a Few...)

Y u do dis to my Ko-Matoran brethren? ;-;

|

The Mahi had a Ta-Koro variant in lego's first bionicle game for GBA, Substitute the tan for red and replace the mahi's regular red eyes with black ones or Mixel eyes and you've created one.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Cuz, I needed to do something with that stupid white/silver noble Mahiki.

• Upvote 1

Cuz, I needed to do something with that stupid white/silver noble Mahiki.

;~;

|

My current inspiration is to create a giant, Visorak-inspired "Queen of Skull Spiders" that uses the new Airjitzu spinners as Rhotuka-like "egg sacs". It has to be much larger than the classic Visorak considering the Airjitzu spinners are almost three times as large as actual Rhotuka, but that's fine—it should ideally allow me to utilize Onua's chestplate for the face, and maybe even incorporate a walking function like Pewku or the Galaxy Squad Hive Crawler.

• Upvote 3

My current inspiration is to create a giant, Visorak-inspired "Queen of Skull Spiders" that uses the new Airjitzu spinners as Rhotuka-like "egg sacs". It has to be much larger than the classic Visorak considering the Airjitzu spinners are almost three times as large as actual Rhotuka, but that's fine—it should ideally allow me to utilize Onua's chestplate for the face, and maybe even incorporate a walking function like Pewku or the Galaxy Squad Hive Crawler.

That name reminds me of an MOC jangbricks built which had the same name. Also, your MOC sounds cool, I can't wait to find out how you'll hook up a walking function to 8 legs and will you create a rhotuka launcher for the airjitzu spinners?

That name reminds me of an MOC jangbricks built which had the same name. Also, your MOC sounds cool, I can't wait to find out how you'll hook up a walking function to 8 legs and will you create a rhotuka launcher for the airjitzu spinners?

Yeah, I know the concept of a "Queen of Skull Spiders" is nothing new. But what else am I supposed to call an even bigger Skull Spider? :P

The walking function is going to be tricky, but I'm pretty confident I can manage it. As for a Rhotuka launcher, it's not necessary—the new set Ronin R.E.X. demonstrates that the new Airjitzu launchers and ripcords are like the Rhotuka launchers but even better, with the ability to work with standard Technic gears.

Yesterday I started on a parody of the Nostalgia Critic focusing on "Bionicle: The Legend Reborn". I'm about a third of the way through the movie, and I've been writing the script as I go along watching the movie.

Man, there are a TON of things wrong with this movie now that I've been watching it after so long. Don't get me wrong, I admire the film's effort, and I know a lot of people like the movie, but I'm the critic, so I have to find the nitty gritty in the film.

• Upvote 1

Ok I ditched the elder Lewa idea and created a jujitsu/boxing/fist to face combat version of Lewa, he's kind of like atom from reel steel but it's Lewa and he doesn't let others do the talking for him, he lets his fists do the talking and his feet do the butt kicking. Float like a Gukko Bird, sting like a Nui Jaga and that's pretty much it for now