Who is MORRO?

Who do you think MORRO is?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Assumedly, Morro is actually an old foe of Garmadon's, considering he seems to have been accidentally released when Garmadon sacrificed himself to free the Anacondrai generals from the cursed realm.

His name origin is unclear. "Hill" could certainly work as a derivation in the context of a burial mound, but it could just as easily be derived from something else entirely.

The sets do NOT glow in the dark. It's possible that some individual parts do (like the white-looking parts on some weapons or the blended elemental blades), but I have it on good authority that the green-looking parts do not glow. They're most likely Spring Yellowish Green, like the Skull Spiders in the Fire- and Earth-based Bionicle sets this year.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Assumedly, Morro is actually an old foe of Garmadon's, considering he seems to have been accidentally released when Garmadon sacrificed himself to free the Anacondrai generals from the cursed realm.

His name origin is unclear. "Hill" could certainly work as a derivation in the context of a burial mound, but it could just as easily be derived from something else entirely.

The sets do NOT glow in the dark. It's possible that some individual parts do (like the white-looking parts on some weapons or the blended elemental blades), but I have it on good authority that the green-looking parts do not glow. They're most likely Spring Yellowish Green, like the Skull Spiders in the Fire- and Earth-based Bionicle sets this year.

@underlined, I said if you THINK the sets glowed in the dark.  Also, I saw the sets, and they glow.  I saw those kind of parts in monster fighters.  You should check it again.

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

@underlined, I said if you THINK the sets glowed in the dark. Also, I saw the sets, and they glow. I saw those kind of parts in monster fighters. You should check it again.

I haven't seen the set in-person. But when I said I have it on good authority, I was not referring to an ordinary fan or anything like that. Suffice to say that a lot of people will be very disappointed by the lack of GITD parts when the new Ninjago sets are released.

The Monster Fighters parts are actually a good reference. The current glow-in-the-dark color, White Glow, is significantly less greenish than the new parts (hence the name). Like the Monster Fighters parts, it appears white in normal lighting, and even on box art, it is typically indicated by a greenish "halo" effect rather than changing the color of the parts themselves. It's also worth noting that glowing parts are indicated on boxes with a pictorial label showing that the parts glow, as can be seen on the "Glowkies" Mixels, something the new Ninjago sets notably lack.

I heard it on Lego.com.  Also, I'm kind of color blind, so that's why I see the parts as glow in the dark.

I am hoping for a miracle for myself to see the right color again.

Yes,the new episode name(ep 45)is released and is called master of wind(morro).its description also said that morro is wu's first ninja student

Oh so maybe they are going the way of Tai lung in King Fu Panda. Disgruntle former student comes back to seek revenge for his teacher putting false hopes in his head about becoming something he never could. So instead he takes it upon himself to usurp the mantel of the Green Ninja.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,the new episode name(ep 45)is released and is called master of wind(morro).its description also said that morro is wu's first ninja student

Oh so maybe they are going the way of Tai lung in King Fu Panda. Disgruntle former student comes back to seek revenge for his teacher putting false hopes in his head about becoming something he never could. So instead he takes it upon himself to usurp the mantel of the Green Ninja.

It's possible. Note that Morro's outfit looks like a tattered, green version of the 2011 Ninja costumes. That would tie in with him having been a student of Sensei Wu.

It's possible. Note that Morro's outfit looks like a tattered, green version of the 2011 Ninja costumes. That would tie in with him having been a student of Sensei Wu.

Well it look as though all the pieces may be coming together. So what other secrets are these two Spinjitsu Masters hiding from their students? Could Wu have actually known Kai's Parents? What of the real Master of Ice of Old. Was Zane's Father really an elemental master? Then there is Jay. Where in his lineage does the lightning Power derive itself? Wu has some explaining to do me thinks.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well it look as though all the pieces may be coming together. So what other secrets are these two Spinjitsu Masters hiding from their students? Could Wu have actually known Kai's Parents? What of the real Master of Ice of Old. Was Zane's Father really an elemental master? Then there is Jay. Where in his lineage does the lightning Power derive itself? Wu has some explaining to do me thinks.

Wu knowing Kai's parents is no mystery. We've known that Wu and Kai's father were close friends since the theme first started—that's the reason why the map to the locations of the golden weapons was hidden in the sign to Kai's family's blacksmith shop.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Wu knowing Kai's parents is no mystery. We've known that Wu and Kai's father were close friends since the theme first started—that's the reason why the map to the locations of the golden weapons was hidden in the sign to Kai's family's blacksmith shop.

We have? Who's "We" because Prowl seems to have missed that little tidbit. Though it has been years since I've seen the first few episodes of Ninjago and the movie itself where Wu meets up with Kai and trains him to be a ninja. Come to think of it I don't think I ever have seen it and am only remembering based on the time travel episode. I cannot recall any scene where the Ninja meet up with their dragons who were guarding their elemental weapons. None of it is coming to mind.... :dead:

Onua.png

We have? Who's "We" because Prowl seems to have missed that little tidbit. Though it has been years since I've seen the first few episodes of Ninjago and the movie itself where Wu meets up with Kai and trains him to be a ninja. Come to think of it I don't think I ever have seen it and am only remembering based on the time travel episode. I cannot recall any scene where the Ninja meet up with their dragons who were guarding their elemental weapons. None of it is coming to mind.... :dead:

In addition to the initial TV special, Wu knowing Kai's father was mentioned in the chapter books, among other things. In particular, the book "Kai: Ninja of Fire" made a big point of that—the short story "In His Footsteps" was entirely about Kai asking Sensei Wu about his father's past (and included the interesting tidbit that Kai's father had the capacity to learn Spinjitzu but chose not to follow that path, which gains new meaning now that we know more about the Elemental Masters).

I feel like Morro is more like a malignant force. Because the guy who's riding the Morro Dragon is not Morro. I feel like Morro is likely something that needs to posses a physical form in order to interact with the world.

-O Knavery

Most vile, O trick of the Empire's basest wit.

A snare, a ruse, a ploy: and we the fools.

What great deception hath been plied today--

O rebels, do you hear? Fie, 'tis a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

I'll just drop this off here.

LloydMorro.png

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Ok, so I am just going to quote this here since I kind of posted it in the wrong topic. This is the one I intended it to go in.

Probably because there must have been a green ninja to go along with the other elemental masters. Though directly calling them ninja would be false since only the ninja are actually ninja. He may have simply been an old green elemental master of old. Related to Lloyd is a strong possibility with the relation of the other masters to their descendants as described by Garmadon. Though with them being brothers I suppose either Wu or Garmadon's offspring could have been the green ninja. Wait..

Wait...

Wait...

All this talk about Lloyd Garmadon and Wu being connected to Morro we are forgetting one very important thing. In order to have offspring you need two parents; a male and female. Each parent has their own lineage that leads back to the beginning of Ninjago. We seem to be forgetting Lloyd's mother. Maybe his elemental power comes from her lineage and not Garmadon's. So maybe Morro is somebody from her past instead.

Remember Lloyd's Mother was trained in Spinjutsu as well as seen in the stone army arch...

Onua.png

Spoiler Alert

So uh, apparently Morro was the Master of Air or something as a homeless child, and Sensei Wu thought he would be the Green Ninja, but then the golden weapons didn't react and he ran away, and got attacked by a Grundle before being saved by Wu. I'm not sure how be became a ghosty-goo however..

I feel like Morro is more like a malignant force. Because the guy who's riding the Morro Dragon is not Morro. I feel like Morro is likely something that needs to posses a physical form in order to interact with the world.

I could be wrong, but I think the Morro dragon could perhaps be a corrupted version of Lloyd's energy dragon.

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-
  • Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Spoiler Alert

So uh, apparently Morro was the Master of Air or something as a homeless child, and Sensei Wu thought he would be the Green Ninja, but then the golden weapons didn't react and he ran away, and got attacked by a Grundle before being saved by Wu. I'm not sure how be became a ghosty-goo however..

I could be wrong, but I think the Morro dragon could perhaps be a corrupted version of Lloyd's energy dragon.

The minifig that comes in the Morro Dragon set is Morro but it's a very differant Morro than the one that comes in any other set. See my post above.

You are their rock.

Spoiler Alert

The minifig that comes in the Morro Dragon set is Morro but it's a very differant Morro than the one that comes in any other set. See my post above.

It might be Morro possessing Lloyd (and probably is), but it's not just Morro himself. Compare to this picture. The octagonal plate on the front (possibly a seal to defend against possession) has been shattered, but otherwise it's clearly the same costume, with the cloth more tattered and the colors warped. And the face is unmistakably Lloyd's—Morro's eyebrows are more arched and his eyes even more sunken.

It seems clear to me...

LloydMorroMath.png

• Upvote 1

You are their rock.

He never got his rebate check

He's maaaad

Have you noticed so many villains lately have been using the same hairstyle? Loki, Winter Soldier... And now Morro. Perhaps they're related...

I'm a little confused by your comment. Are you referring to Loki from the Lego Marvel video games? He's never appeared in the sets with hair, just with his helmet.

In any case, a common hairpiece being used for multiple villain characters hardly constitutes a trend—especially when it appears almost as often for heroic characters like Thor, Obi-Wan, and Aragorn.

He never got his rebate check

He's maaaad

Have you noticed so many villains lately have been using the same hairstyle? Loki, Winter Soldier... And now Morro. Perhaps they're related...

I'm a little confused by your comment. Are you referring to Loki from the Lego Marvel video games? He's never appeared in the sets with hair, just with his helmet.

In any case, a common hairpiece being used for multiple villain characters hardly constitutes a trend—especially when it appears almost as often for heroic characters like Thor, Obi-Wan, and Aragorn.

Well, I think he means in the movie for Loki, possibly.

Edited by Gipsy Danger