Marvel Cinematic Universe

The latest of them movies has done the release! Has you watch it?

List of Mobies

*Iron Man (2008)

*The Incredible Hulk (2008)

*Iron Man 2 (2010)

*Thor (2011)

*Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

*The Avengers (2012)

*Iron Man 3 (2013)

*Thor: The Dark World (2013)

*Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

*Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

*Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

*Ant-Man (2015)

*Captain America: Civil War (2016)

*Doctor Strange (2016)

*Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)

*Spider-Man (2017)

*Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

*Black Panther (2018)

*Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 (2018)

*Ant Man and the Wasp (2018)

*Captain Marvel (2019)

*Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2 (2019)

*The Inhumans (2019)

*Runaways (Cancelled)

TV Series

*Agents of SHIELD (2013-)

*Agent Carter (2015-)

*Daredevil (2015-)

*Jessica Jones (2015-)

*Most Wanted (2016)

*Luke Cage (2016)

*Damage Control (2016)

*Iron Fist (2016?)

*The Defenders (2017?)

*Untitled John Ridley series (Unknown)

Plus one-shots and tie-in comics.

Edited by Qlaws

capt 2 > iron man 1 > avengers > capt 1 > guardians > iron man 2 > thor > thor 2 > iron man 3

gonna see ultron on monday. after that, idk, should i watch the hulk? i'm not heavily invested in the series.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

MOBIES

But yeah, I've watched everything from the MCU including the one-shots. To me: Avengers: Age of Ultron > Avengers > The Incredible Hulk > Thor > Thor: The Dark World > Guardians of the Galaxy > Ironman 2 > Iron Man 3 > Iron Man > cap 2 > cap 1

Speaking of Marvel, why isn't there an official Marvel Topic yet? (or a comicbook one in general for that matter)

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Guardians, Captain America: The First Avenger and the The Avengers are probably my favorite films in the franchise so far, though I don't really dislike any of them. (though I fell asleep towards the end of Hulk, so, uh, who knows?) In general I think that the fact that something like this is happening, let along working so well, is astounding and I love it, though I'm not a comics fan. the one-shots have been pretty interesting. The shows, too...Agents of Shield is fun even if not really that great. I haven't gotten the chance to watch Agent Carter yet but I hope to sometime soonish. The Netflix series..I was so hyped when I first learned those were happening, since the format allows for much more freedom than you'd find on television....and with Daredevil being as fantastic as it was I really can't wait for the rest, Iron Fist in particular I'm excited for. It should be great.

Hopefully I can watch Age of Ultron before too long. I didn't get to see Winter Soldier last year in theaters. Unavoidably I got spoiled to heck and back and I think that really impacted my enjoyment of the film in the end, so I really hope I can avoid that for the MCU this year.

Also, I hope Ant-Man will be up to snuff.

AXKP5KC.png

I haven't seen Age of Ultron yet, but I hear it's lackluster. Just like the first Avengers.

Thank goodness the Russo bros. are taking the helm for Avengers 3 and 4. Winter Soldier was perfect.

gonna see ultron on monday. after that, idk, should i watch the hulk? i'm not heavily invested in the series.

WATCH WINTER SOLDIER!!!

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Well, I've seen Age of Ultron (Twice :D) and I'm just going to warn you all: there isn't a second end-credits scene like there was in the first Avengers. I know this because me and my friends might have stayed all the way until the end of the credits just to check. :P

I wonder when a HD version of said mid-credit scene is gonna be put online? I gotta see it again, despite how short it is.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well, I've seen Age of Ultron (Twice :D) and I'm just going to warn you all: there isn't a second end-credits scene like there was in the first Avengers. I know this because me and my friends might have stayed all the way until the end of the credits just to check. :P

I stayed after the credits when I saw it to check as well. I'm kind of sad they didn't have one, but one mid-credit scene is enough, I guess. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Watched Age of Ultron last night, it was a pretty good movie. It was a lot more of a comedy than I was expecting, there were a bunch of moments (specifically when the hammer/language were mentioned) when the entire (packed) theater was cracking up.

Definitely one of the more fun MCU movies (seen them all except Hulk), and I like fun movies. Really excited to see how next week's SHIELD ties into it.

Me too. It certainly sets up for Phase Three quite nicely, not to mention that if he took that, then he most likely could have taken that as well.

I like the way you think (and get the point across without spoilers), but Kevin Feige confirmed that

the Gauntlet seen in the mid-credits scene (left-handed) is seperate from the one in Asgard (right-handed). Of course, this raises even more questions about what could happen if there are two gauntlets.

Edited by Hordaki

Me too. It certainly sets up for Phase Three quite nicely, not to mention that if he took that, then he most likely could have taken that as well.

I like the way you think (and get the point across without spoilers), but Kevin Feige confirmed that

the Gauntlet seen in the mid-credits scene (left-handed) is seperate from the one in Asgard (right-handed). Of course, this raises even more questions about what could happen if there are two gauntlets.

Well, 

I think having a second Infinity Gauntlet would be kinda redundant, don't you think? And besides, that one had all of the stones in place already. It would make more sense that Loki, disguised as Odin, would 'allow' Thanos access to the Treasure Room so he can secure the bare IG.

Edited by Anonymous User

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well, maybe the gauntlet from Thor is just a display piece (Thus why the stones were already in it- they might just be fakes for display purposes) but then the real one is hidden somewhere even deeper on Asgard?

True. The bare glove WAS in some-sort of vault.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Saw the movie, and frankly it wasn't worth the trip to the theater. Joss Whedon once again shows he isn't very good at writing or directing. The general storyline was cool, but the execution was barely acceptable. Thank God he's not coming back to the MCU (I think).

The action in the tracking shot in the very beginning looked really fake. The CGI got better later in the movie, but I feel like they either tried too hard or tried too little with the effects in that shot.

Cinematography was lame, just like the first. I was surprised, because the guy who did the cinematography for this film also did Guardians. Very few shots popped out at me in this film.

Music was laughable 95% of the time. I swear, Brian Tyler wasn't even trying. Maybe that's why Danny Elfman was brought in at the last minute - damage control. I've heard rumors that Whedon didn't like Tyler and tried to get rid of him, but Feige compromised by adding Elfman. I'm not kidding when I say that some of the music sounded like it would go better with a Scooby-Doo chase scene. There was one really good choral track that of course isn't on the OST. :cry:

The editing sort of sucked too. Too much happened too fast. What the heck was with that bath Thor jumped in to? I'd have no idea what he was doing there if a deleted shot hadn't been placed in the trailer. There had better be an extended cut of this film.

I think Scarlet Witch is my new favorite Avenger. Her powers are awesome. That weird shot of her closing the door after attacking Cap at the very beginning is something I hope we see again in Civil War. There were so many chances in the film to expand upon her powers that were never taken advantage of, and that's a crime. 

Black Widow went from amazing in The Winter Soldier to useless dead weight in this film. And suddenly she loves Banner? Why? Whedon clearly stumbles around with the terrible romance subplot.

Paul Bettany is a fantastic actor and I can't wait to see the Vision again!

Glad to see Hawkeye's role was more prominent.

I think they ought to shoot Hulk into space with that Quinjet, and have that underwater disturbance near Fiji be related to Namor somehow.

TL;DR: like the first Avengers, Age of Ultron is nothing special.

But I think Civil War is going to KICK BUTT.

I just barely realized that Ant-Man comes out in TWO MONTHS, lol. Talk about Marvel movie overload. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I just barely realized that Ant-Man comes out in TWO MONTHS, lol. Talk about Marvel movie overload. 

But after that we'll have 10 months before the next film.

They probably want to push Ant Man out in the summer so that it can get the most profit possible. After all, would your casual moviegoer want to see an Ant Man movie in November?

People thought Age of Ultron had too many characters? Captain America: Civil War is going to have 3x as much. A whole slew of characters has just been announced that will make an appearance in the movie. 

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Where's my Ballad of Beta Ray Bill movie tho

mahvel pls baybee

capt 2 > iron man 1 > avengers > capt 1 > guardians > iron man 2 > thor > thor 2 > iron man 3

The Hulk is pretty awful. It's slightly better than the Ang Lee one, but not by much- at least Lee Hulk tried to do something with the character's psychological aspects. Marvel's was just...

Boring. Very very boring.

Edited by Hodor

hElbrZ6.gif

Well, I just finished the first season of Daredevil a few minutes ago.

I loved it, easily the best of the Marvel shows. Fisk was one of my favorite parts of the show, and he's my favorite villain in the MCU so far, probably because the show really spent a good amount of time with all the big players on both sides. Now there's just the long wait for the next season...

Edited by Terminus

• 2 weeks later...

So, on the topic of who's going to be playing the new Spider-Man... (HUGE SPOILER BELOW)

I can say with 95% certainty that it's not going to be Asa Butterfield, and will instead be fan-favorite Dylan O'Brien.

Why? Well, let's look at the facts:

-Dylan has said numerous times before that his dream role is to play Spider-Man

-Dylan has had very limited exposure since the rumor hit that he was a top choice for Marvel to play the web head

-A leaker on another site already broke the news that Dylan was cast as Spider-Man, and this person had already predicted the Marvel-Sony deal a few weeks before it hit the news

-Any and all Spider-Man related questions have been banned at panels where Dylan is speaking

-Marvel's shortlists are notorious for rarely having the actor they end up casting. Remember the lists for Thor, Captain America, Star-Lord, and Doctor Strange?

Now, you might be thinking "These are all coincidental! Stop over analyzing everything!". First, you underestimate just how nerdy people can be. Second, there's one thing that's been very telling these last few weeks, one thing that cements my theory in my mind: Dylan himself, and the way he's been acting.

Flashback to about 3 months ago. People were starting to talk about MCU Spidey possibly being Miles Morales instead, with Donald Glover's name being tossed around. When asked about it, Glover expressed interest in the role, and basically left the whole thing ambiguous on whether or not he would be Spider-Man. Celebrities do that all the time: Rumors like this one start to spread, and instead of flat-out denying it, their agents advise them to play on the rumors to tease fans and garner more speculation/attention for them.

With this in mind, look at Dylan: Here's a guy who's said dozens of times before that his dream role would be to play Peter Parker/Spider-Man. And look at him now: Whenever the topic is brought up, he just shrugs it off and acts like he didn't get/doesn't want the part. Even though he's practically been begging since day 1 for his chance to play Spider-Man. That's way too fishy in my mind.

Look at Asa, as well: Everyone is talking about how he apparently got the part, yet he hasn't said a word. Yeah, everyone who auditioned was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (Which meant they couldn't deny nor confirm if they were cast or not), but he's been silent all this time. Not a peep. Why? Because he (Like Glover and many other celebrities) enjoys the attention he's been getting over this rumor. He's not going to do anything that might lead people to realize the rumors were false, especially not so soon.

Finally, you have to remember: This is Marvel we're talking about. The news that Dylan was cast only got leaked because back then, it involved Sony. Now that Marvel is in charge, they're going to put all the stops out. This is the same company that just tracked down a girl's email address and sent a cease-and-desist letter to her, all because she posted a picture of a prop from Captain America: Civil War on her Tumblr page (Mind you, it did have a spoiler, but it wasn't that huge of a spoiler). Do you really think Marvel would let the news of the apparent Spider-Man casting leak out so easily? Who's to say they're not spreading these "leaks" themselves to throw people off the trail? Spider-Man is their biggest property, so of course they're going to want the reveal to be as huge and unexpected as possible.

Mark my words: Dylan O'Brien is definitely the new Spider-Man, and Marvel's been doing a pretty good job of hiding it.

Whew, that was a mouthful, but it's just my two cents.

why is this happening

So, on the topic of who's going to be playing the new Spider-Man... (HUGE SPOILER BELOW)

I can say with 95% certainty that it's not going to be Asa Butterfield, and will instead be fan-favorite Dylan O'Brien.

Why? Well, let's look at the facts:

-Dylan has said numerous times before that his dream role is to play Spider-Man

-Dylan has had very limited exposure since the rumor hit that he was a top choice for Marvel to play the web head

-A leaker on another site already broke the news that Dylan was cast as Spider-Man, and this person had already predicted the Marvel-Sony deal a few weeks before it hit the news

-Any and all Spider-Man related questions have been banned at panels where Dylan is speaking

-Marvel's shortlists are notorious for rarely having the actor they end up casting. Remember the lists for Thor, Captain America, Star-Lord, and Doctor Strange?

Now, you might be thinking "These are all coincidental! Stop over analyzing everything!". First, you underestimate just how nerdy people can be. Second, there's one thing that's been very telling these last few weeks, one thing that cements my theory in my mind: Dylan himself, and the way he's been acting.

Flashback to about 3 months ago. People were starting to talk about MCU Spidey possibly being Miles Morales instead, with Donald Glover's name being tossed around. When asked about it, Glover expressed interest in the role, and basically left the whole thing ambiguous on whether or not he would be Spider-Man. Celebrities do that all the time: Rumors like this one start to spread, and instead of flat-out denying it, their agents advise them to play on the rumors to tease fans and garner more speculation/attention for them.

With this in mind, look at Dylan: Here's a guy who's said dozens of times before that his dream role would be to play Peter Parker/Spider-Man. And look at him now: Whenever the topic is brought up, he just shrugs it off and acts like he didn't get/doesn't want the part. Even though he's practically been begging since day 1 for his chance to play Spider-Man. That's way too fishy in my mind.

Look at Asa, as well: Everyone is talking about how he apparently got the part, yet he hasn't said a word. Yeah, everyone who auditioned was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (Which meant they couldn't deny nor confirm if they were cast or not), but he's been silent all this time. Not a peep. Why? Because he (Like Glover and many other celebrities) enjoys the attention he's been getting over this rumor. He's not going to do anything that might lead people to realize the rumors were false, especially not so soon.

Finally, you have to remember: This is Marvel we're talking about. The news that Dylan was cast only got leaked because back then, it involved Sony. Now that Marvel is in charge, they're going to put all the stops out. This is the same company that just tracked down a girl's email address and sent a cease-and-desist letter to her, all because she posted a picture of a prop from Captain America: Civil War on her Tumblr page (Mind you, it did have a spoiler, but it wasn't that huge of a spoiler). Do you really think Marvel would let the news of the apparent Spider-Man casting leak out so easily? Who's to say they're not spreading these "leaks" themselves to throw people off the trail? Spider-Man is their biggest property, so of course they're going to want the reveal to be as huge and unexpected as possible.

Mark my words: Dylan O'Brien is definitely the new Spider-Man, and Marvel's been doing a pretty good job of hiding it.

Whew, that was a mouthful, but it's just my two cents.

I agree Dylan O'Brien would make a great Spidey. But wasn't it pretty much 100% confirmed that Asa was in final talks with his contract. Though, the report did come from Latino Review a grain of salt is needed.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I agree Dylan O'Brien would make a great Spidey. But wasn't it pretty much 100% confirmed that Asa was in final talks with his contract. Though, the report did come from Latino Review a grain of salt is needed.

The only "confirmation" I've heard is coming from rumors. Rumors which LR spread in the first place. It seems very likely that Marvel is the one spreading these rumors to LR themselves, since I just can't imagine they would let something as big as the Spider-Man casting leak out so easily.

If it really is Asa, however...I could see it. My top choice will always be Dylan, but if I had to have a second choice, Asa would probably be it. He just needs to work on his American accent and quipping with it.

Edited by Zippo

why is this happening

both dylan and asa look about fourteen and neither should play spider man.

as for donald glover, i gotta say i don't think he should play peter parker either. not because he's black, they made nick fury black and nobody cared, but because he couldn't give peter parker any sort of emotional depth at all. i saw the episodes of community where troy tried to be taken seriously, they were bad.

Edited by Archer Vonn

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

How have I not seen this topic

I haven't seen most of the TV series (the only one that I have watched is Daredevil, but good lord I love it so much), but I have seen all of the movies. I suppose I would rank them like so:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2. Iron Man

3. Guardians of the Galaxy

4. The Avengers

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

6. Thor

7. Thor: The Dark World

8. Iron Man 3

9. The Avengers: Age of Ultron

10. Iron Man 2

11. The Incredible Hulk

I was honestly very disappointed by Age of Ultron, but I am going to hold my final judgement until I see the extended cut later this year - it's possible that many of the problems I have with the movie will be solved with it.

Edited by Lucina

the extended cut

Don't hold your breath.

Disney is the KING of bare-bones, terrible home video releases. Even if Amazon mentioned the possibility of an extended cut, they quickly retracted the statement. And didn't Whedon himself deny that he had any intention of putting out an extended cut?

As much as I'd love to see an extended cut of Age of Ultron - because c'mon, you can't say that that film was very good with a straight face - I really doubt it's happening. :(

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

I honestly thought Age of Ultron was better than the first one--a lot more action. The lack of complete character development didn't bother me at all 'cause all the characters have been established at this point.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Regarding Avengers 3, if it doesn't end with the *SNAP* I will be greatly disappointed. (You comic book fans know what I'm talking about)

Also, I think Marvel is making it pretty clear what storyline they're pursuing after Infinity War.

It seems like they'll be introducing the Beyonder, which I honestly think makes sense after having such a powerful villain in Thanos.

67685335.jpg             

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...