I was never sure if this was confirmed canon

I always had this theory that some of the Metru-Matoran were inadvertently left behind and were transformed into the creatures we now know as Bohrok.

Note that both the Bohrok and Metru Matoran have similar limbs and feet. The masks of the matoran are faded at the top, like the Bohrok faces. The Bohrok krana even appeared similar to the masks the matoran wore.

The bohroks came out of pods, much similar to the ones the matorans were put in. Perhaps the matoran were even infected with hordika venom which is what changed them.

• Upvote 1

Are you asking if some of the population during LoMN became Bohrok? Answer's no. Only Ahkmou was left behind and only for a time.

If you're asking if anybody previously became Bohrok from Metru Nui, I think the answer is also no because only Av-Matoran became Bohrok, and only Takua was an Av-Matoran in Metru Nui as far as I know. (I'm only not saying definite no, because I'm unsure if we know he was the only one there. The Order could have planted somebody else that was transformed and treated as a mysterious disappearance, as far as I recall offhand. But probably he was the only one, and Greg may have confirmed this.)

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

No. Bohrok are evolved from Av-Matoran. Normal Matoran don't do that. The silver paint on top of the masks was to identify their masks as powerless Matoran ones, rather than Great or Noble.

And, Bonesii, it was confirmed that Takua was the only Av-Matoran placed in Metru Nui. The closest one to there was the Toa Canister Builder in Karzahni.

• Upvote 5

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Are you asking if some of the population during LoMN became Bohrok? Answer's no. Only Ahkmou was left behind and only for a time.

If you're asking if anybody previously became Bohrok from Metru Nui, I think the answer is also no because only Av-Matoran became Bohrok, and only Takua was an Av-Matoran in Metru Nui as far as I know. (I'm only not saying definite no, because I'm unsure if we know he was the only one there. The Order could have planted somebody else that was transformed and treated as a mysterious disappearance, as far as I recall offhand. But probably he was the only one, and Greg may have confirmed this.)

Oh okay, thank you. This theory had been lingering in my mind since I was little.

• Upvote 1

If only the inexplicable Av-Matoran-to-Bohrok lifecycle had been relegated only fanfiction...

I think that idea had been established back in 2002, when Cahdok and Gahdok accused the Toa of "attacking their brothers" by stopping the Bohrok.  :dontgetit:

Indeed, the Bohrok were always meant to be related to the Matoran, as seen from the concept image in this post (created in 2001 and included in the 2002 press kit sent to fansites like BZPower). Even the Bohrok sets themselves have some Matoran-like qualities, such as their accordion-joint arms and two-toed feet. However, the specific way that they were related to Matoran was not revealed until 2008, and I think it's unlikely that the exact specifics of them being transformed Av-Matoran were even known way back in 2002.

• Upvote 2

I think that idea had been established back in 2002, when Cahdok and Gahdok accused the Toa of "attacking their brothers" by stopping the Bohrok.  :dontgetit:

Indeed, the Bohrok were always meant to be related to the Matoran, as seen from the concept image in this post (created in 2001 and included in the 2002 press kit sent to fansites like BZPower). Even the Bohrok sets themselves have some Matoran-like qualities, such as their accordion-joint arms and two-toed feet. However, the specific way that they were related to Matoran was not revealed until 2008, and I think it's unlikely that the exact specifics of them being transformed Av-Matoran were even known way back in 2002.

I absolutely love finding out the background workings of Bionicle's story. Both were enlightening and i remember seeing the Toa-to-Bohrok picture from 2002, but at the time had no clue as to what it really was, as I am sure most were the same. :lol:  Thanks for sharing!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light