What's your favorite mask?

Out of all of Bionicle, or maybe even Hero Factory helmets too, what would you say is your favorite mask and in what color? 

I was recently looking through some old boxes that had all of the G1 bionicles and parts and, among other things, I found a trans-glitter Avohkii, and I've decided that it's probably my favorite mask. Other than the 2001 Hau, I feel like it's probably the most Bionicle-ly of all masks, and I just really like the frosted look and how it can look clear until the light shines on it. (Although I may be biased since I just rewatched Mask of Light last night :P )

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Hmm there's so many good ones! I have multiple favorites. First one that comes to mind is the Kraahkan. It looks fantastic, it's cool how it can be used multiple ways, and I've always found it to be thicker, heavier, and more "heavy-duty" feeling than other masks. I really like the feel of high quality things so that is something I find very nice.

Also, I love the new 2015 designs, specifically Tahu's, Onua's, and Lewa's. I also really like how they attach to the new heads; they're a bit more like actual masks rather than pacifiers :P

I actually really like the noble akaku that was included with Solek. I like the akaku in general, but the noble version looks epic! The new 2015 akaku (mask of ice) is definitely my favorite incarnation of the original concept, but the noble akaku is a shape I'd want to see in the new gen as well.

• Upvote 3

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

• 3 weeks later...

I'm partial to the Avohkii, myself. It's iconic enough to stand alongside the Hau. (The problem is that we never got it in pearl gold! -_-) From later on, Hydraxon's mask is a favorite of mine. Shaped almost like a skull, it's an epic mask for any villain, smooth enough to fit in with CCBS, and comes in two of probably the most versatile colors: silver and black. I also really like Lewa Mistika's Miru, both from the canister and Axalara, in lime green, obviously. It's hardly as iconic as the early masks, but it's still pretty awesome, and fairly reusable.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

The Dark blue Faxon was the first I got.

I've always been partial to the Pakari because It was Takua's mask, that I knew long before I ever recognized it as Onua's.

I like the Kaukau, because those goggles are pretty swaggery.

I enjoy my Kaukari, (as seen in my avatar) because it's an elegant combination of the aforementioned two that gives the wielder a near human facial structure.

I think in recent times, the noble ruru has become one of my favorites, and I've come to appreciate the Mata's masks equally.

Probably the 2008 Pakari-Nuva.

That one was pretty sweet. 

But my personal favorite is the noble Kiril. However I don't have it on my self-MOC since I like the Kaukau's power. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

I'd have to say the best HF helmet would be Stringer 1.0. I really liked how sonics were integrated into the design of him and the helmet shows that too. I also like Bulk's original helmet design as well. Both are very good.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Gotta love the Jutlin, in both its Great and Noble form - looks really menacing, and has a pretty unique shape. Another is the Ignika, which I love for its incorporation of the Mata-Nui icon and its overall detailed look :D As for 2015, I really like the skull spider mask, again a very menacing one, not to mention the generally great looks of the Stone and Water masks :)

Edited by 000

Kathok

Hau Nuva for me

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Again! Another "what's your favorite mask" topic again, this is like the 999th one, can we please for the love of Sagan make a what your favorite mask topic pinned.

Anyways I'm pretty sure people already know my favorite mask from the last 10 topics like this.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube