LEGO Inside BIONICLE: Pohatu Designer Video

I love how Pohatu's mask was designed in the concept art. They look epic.:)

Too bad he never talked about where did he get the idea for Pohatu to get his Stormarangs/Jetarangs. I mean, they're awesome, and they remind me of the Green Goblin's and Hobgoblin's gliders from Marvel and Kopaka Phantoka's wings from Bionicle G1, but okay.

All we got left is Tahu, probably coming up next week, and then that's all of the Toa, unless you count a video about the Skull Spiders, including their Lord, because I think I remember that there is a 14-karat golden Mask of Skull Spiders (is that right?).

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I love how Pohatu's mask was designed in the concept art. They look epic. :)

Too bad he never talked about where did he get the idea for Pohatu to get his Stormarangs/Jetarangs. I mean, they're awesome, and they remind me of the Green Goblin's and Hobgoblin's gliders from Marvel and Kopaka Phantoka's wings from Bionicle G1, but okay.

All we got left is Tahu, probably coming up next week, and then that's all of the Toa, unless you count a video about the Skull Spiders, including their Lord, because I think I remember that there is a 14-karat golden Mask of Skull Spiders (is that right?).

The 14-karat gold Mask of Skull Spiders was already given away in the Battle for the Gold Masks, so I doubt they'll have a video featuring it at this point.

Anyway, this was a cool video, and it's neat that the prototype Mask of Stone they showed was so different from the final one. However, I much prefer the final one. It's more streamlined (thus IMO better resembling Pohatu's previous masks), and a great shape for use as armor.

I love how Pohatu's mask was designed in the concept art. They look epic. :)

I agree. It would've been great to know how they came up with the boomerangs idea.

Pohatu's prototype mask kinda reminds me of Lewa phantoka's. 

It reminds me of that as well. 

Anyways, I really liked the concept drawings of Pohatu's mask. Like with the others, it was really cool to see them.

I can't wait to see what they have to say about Tahu. :)

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This was another good one. Funny how Pohatu's mask in concept art looks really close to the original Mata version, yet his prototype mold is radically different. I can see the semblance, but regardless it's a big change and I like the final look they ended up going for. Again, always impressed by the amount of research that went into respecting the original's design.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg