Trans Blue Kaukau limited to 200 pieces

What's the point of making an exclusive mask so easily available Lego may as well just pack it in every future Gali set or give it out for free with every purchase from its online store? If everyone in the world had a mask like a solid gold Hau, wouldn't it lower it's value and no longer be "exclusive?"

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Where is Pohatu hunchback, where are his kicking function (parts that make him a lot different from the other toa), why do he have more silver then dark orange, why dose his mask look more of Photok mask, not one of those is on Pohato and have a reason why.

But you do have a point about wait for the books and collectible. But from seeing the story so fare with those shorts, I have a feeling that the books aren't going to help the Gen 2.

1: He wasn't a hunchback.

2: Do you know how ridiculous an upisde down CCBS torso would look?

3: Does it matter?

4: It doesn't. It has those side parts of the original Kakama, as well as the eye sockets of the original.

5: The story just started. How many times does that have to be repeated?

1. Pohatu Mata and Nuva are obviously hunchback, have you forgotten what they look like already.

2. Yes, but I was thinking more of the knob box.

3. Yes

4. It does in fact, he doesn't have those side parts, there more of Photok only that they don't have holes and the eye sockets are not even close to the original.

5. I know, I said I have a feeling.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Where is Pohatu hunchback, where are his kicking function (parts that make him a lot different from the other toa), why do he have more silver then dark orange, why dose his mask look more of Photok mask, not one of those is on Pohato and have a reason why.

But you do have a point about wait for the books and collectible. But from seeing the story so fare with those shorts, I have a feeling that the books aren't going to help the Gen 2.

4: It doesn't. It has those side parts of the original Kakama, as well as the eye sockets of the original.

1. Pohatu Mata and Nuva are obviously hunchback, have you forgotten what they look like already.

3. Yes

4. It does in fact, he doesn't have those side parts, there more of Photok only that they don't have holes and the eye sockets are not even close to the original.

1: No they weren't. They stood straight in everything.

2: That's even worse.

3: No.

4: Yes he does, I have his mask in hand right now. And the eye holes for the original were, for the most part, lines.

• Upvote 1

So... Not to start a whole new debait but I am on the fense about this Trans KauKau. Particularly because I keep hearing that Tahu and Gali don't have trans Masks in the upcoming summer wave. Well the clear Hau not withstanding we now have both a Trans Orange Hou and Trans Blue Kaukau. So could it be possible that these are what people where asking for? I mean I don't know how many of the Trans Orange Hou they created. I only know that I personally own 2.

My question is while I too want a Trans KauKau for my Gali, if there is such an uproar here regarding this limited exclusive what do you think is going to happen when we learn that the Mask of Ultimate Power will be equally exclusive? Raise your hand if you want a MoUP? *Starts counting* Oh I am sorry there is only going to be 200 of them. The rest of you will have to go home empty handed. *Gets mobbed by angry fan base* "Tell my family I loved them!!!"

Also I find the math on the value of fans Lego is disregarding in this exclusive. I have seen around 90%. Well if that means only 10% of the fans will get one of these then we factor in that 200 = 10% then there must only be 1,000 fans in the world? No wonder Lego is so sparse in their releases. Sorry not really relevant to the conversation just thought that was a funny value. even if it was said 99% that would be 200 x 100 = 20,000 fans. I think even this is likely to be but a micro fraction of the actual Bionicle fan base.

So with that math out of the way one can see how the uproar here is derived about the seemingly unfairness of this release. I mean a solid trans-blue mask of water designed to work with Gali specifically I think is what the main problem is here. I mean she is not the leader of the team, she is not the face of Bionicle though the Feminists out there may want her to be. As it seems to be widely believed now that she is the only female on the Island save maybe for the LoSS. Who could be female as well if it lays eggs or something that hatch into the baby Skull Spiders.

So the Question being asked is "Why?". Could it be because she is the only female character? This is where the sexist comment came from I think. She is getting special treatment because she is the only female. Is it true? Well that is another question isn't it.

Gali Mata was one of my first and only Bionicle sets from back in the day. So I am disappointed along with the rest of the Gali supporters who want her to have a trans Mask to show homage to her Mata roots... Even if her mask quickly changed to a solid toned one as a Nuva.

• Upvote 6

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

okay, can we maybe back off with comments about possible sexisms and whatever? that's like, super irrelevant, Gali's mask is the exclusive because it's the only one they don't have a transparent of yet (counting summer ones which have been seen by this point.) this is getting kinda messy as topics go. :0

Have you forgotten that photok was kinda... wearing a kakama too? (off topic, whoops. :t)

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

3. Yes

4: Yes he does, I have his mask in hand right now. And the eye holes for the original were, for the most part, lines.

1. They stood straight, you Eljay must had made it wrong then because I am looking at this picture right here and he look pretty hunchback.

2. Had you even try, because the last time I remember, people called 2015 Gali feminine, so people liking that wouldn't surprise me like a guy I met on tumblr using the wrong definition of clearance that had nothing to do with store at all.

3. yes

4. I had Pohatu Mata, Master and Photok mask, not even close to the mata. 

Have you forgotten that photok was kinda... wearing a kakama too? (off topic, whoops. :t)

We are talking about the Master mask looking like Mata or Photok.

Anyways it is getting pretty much off topic, this topic should be going in the bionicle topic.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

So... Not to start a whole new debait but I am on the fense about this Trans KauKau. Particularly because I keep hearing that Tahu and Gali don't have trans Masks in the upcoming summer wave. Well the clear Hau not withstanding we now have both a Trans Orange Hou and Trans Blue Kaukau. So could it be possible that these are what people where asking for? I mean I don't know how many of the Trans Orange Hou they created. I only know that I personally own 2.

My question is while I too want a Trans KauKau for my Gali, if there is such an uproar here regarding this limited exclusive what do you think is going to happen when we learn that the Mask of Ultimate Power will be equally exclusive? Raise your hand if you want a MoUP? *Starts counting* Oh I am sorry there is only going to be 200 of them. The rest of you will have to go home empty handed. *Gets mobbed by angry fan base* "Tell my family I loved them!!!"

SNIIIIP

I don't think a full trans-mask equates to the 'awesomeness' of a half-trans/pearl gold one.

I think all the negativity that's happening about the Mask of Water being exclusive would increase ten-fold if the MoUP was equally as sparse.

Edited by Marvel Nui

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

3. Yes

1. They stood straight, you Eljay must had made it wrong then because I am looking at this picture right here and he look pretty hunchback.

2. Had you even try, because the last time I remember, people called 2015 Gali feminine, so people liking that wouldn't surprise me like a guy I met on tumblr using the wrong definition of clearance that had nothing to do with store at all.

3. yes

4. I had Pohatu Mata, Master and Photok mask, not even close to the mata. 

1: His neck being out a little =/= hunchback.

2: I tried it, it was ridiculous.

3: No it doesn't.

4: The 2015 mask looks nothing like the Phantoka mask, and a lot of people have noticed the similarities between the Mata and 2015 mask.

SNIIIIP

I don't think a full trans-mask equates to the 'awesomeness' of a half-trans/pearl gold one.

I think all the negativity that's happening about the Mask of Water being exclusive would increase ten-fold if the MoUP was equally as sparse.

Oh I agree. That's why the uproar while understandable from a collector's/completionest standpoint seems unfounded. Or relevant. Wait what? Oh right the fact that a simple solid trans blue Kaukau is the problem here. while cool in of itself the fact it is just a basic Trans and yet still so exclusive seems unbalanced. Unlike the Solid Gold releases that are 1ofs. Some of the uproar here is due to this fact. It can feel like we are being kicked in the pants. Even if that is not Lego's intent. I think it was said best above where the only reason there is even such a debate here or anywhere else was because somebody flaunted it online for the world to see. Now everyone wants one and the envy seeps in. Greed and alike.
  • Upvote 1

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I'm a bit over it too, but I'm 70% sure I'd drop 100$ on it if it ever appeared on Ebay.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I sincerely doubt the the MoUP will be an exclusive. That's like making the Mask of Creation an exclusive, and they didn't do that.

The set in which the MoUP is revealed/included will fly off the shelves, because the kids will want to have Ultimate Power for bragging rights. Lego isn't going to blast that terrific marketing opportunity by making it an exclusive.  

• Upvote 1

Well if that is true then tell me what greater bragging rights then owning one of the select few that are released? I mean we expect to see the Mask of Creation and Control because they were Ekimu and Makuta's masks respectively. But the Mask of Ultimate Power is a whole different story all together. While I'd love it to be released in a set and maybe down the line we'll get a Makuta set that could have one or both of his masks. I hope to snatch me up one. Not really the MoUP though that would be cool, I want a stock Makuta to go with my Ekimu I want to get maybe for my birthday. It would be great for my Stop Motion. I could have them forging the Golden Masks of Power...

Onua.png

The early part of this discussion boiled down to "I want one, so it's unfair I can't have one!" And various complaints from there. I agree with the 'Chirs, and am actually faintly disgusted by this behavior. I am aware that hardly anyone on here is old enough to pay their own bills, but I am pretty sure most of you are older than 3, that you dissolve into a full-fledged tantrum when you're denied something.

As for the mask itself, it's cool, but I don't see the appeal. Putting a mask on Gali that ruins her colour scheme and has no storyline significance is pointless to me. Let's not forget all the people who want G1 Gali back will not get G1 Gali back by slapping a mask onto an existing model. I feel the same about the clear G2 MoFire. The last thing I need in my parts box is more masks, G2 or G1.

In short, grow up if you think you deserve one of these just for being a fan.

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I sincerely doubt the the MoUP will be an exclusive. That's like making the Mask of Creation an exclusive, and they didn't do that.

The set in which the MoUP is revealed/included will fly off the shelves, because the kids will want to have Ultimate Power for bragging rights. Lego isn't going to blast that terrific marketing opportunity by making it an exclusive.

The fact is, there's a vast difference between an exclusive recolor and an exclusive mold. The former are common, because all that requires of Lego is to shift one of their production machines to work on molding the mask in a different color of plastic (of course, machine time costs money so unlike what many have said, Lego CAN'T just produce as many of an exclusive as they like without having to decrease production of a part that could be used in mainline sets). An exclusive mold, though? Basically, that would never, ever happen. The logistics don't work at all—molds of the quality Lego uses cost an astronomical sum that can only be offset by the wide release and reuse of the part in question.

Now, we could potentially see a MoUP released as an exclusive at some point down the line. But only as a recolor of whatever color will be used in sets, or even just as a "preview" in the same color that will be released later.

P.S.: Want to know what would likely result in as much, if not MORE outrage than this mask? An infected 2015 Tahu Mask. :P Of course, then they'd be even more justified in limiting the quantity, considering I have no idea how they could simulate the mottled pattern of the original other than by hand-painting them like they did with the classic masks.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I never got a Transparent Fluorescent Green Miru

Bruh they're like less than $3 on bricklink, go buy one.

Maybe someday I will, but it's not a pressing issue for me. As I have mentioned, I have never really been bothered by the possibility of other people owning things I don't. If someday I'm ordering parts from a Bricklink store that is also selling those special masks I'm missing at a good price, I might consider adding one or two to my cart. Otherwise, though, I'm more than happy to just let them go to other people, and continue to enjoy looking at other people's MOCs that use them.

I think I may have found something we can do.

You want a trans blue Kaukau? Of course you do.

Let’s let Lego know that there are tons of fans out there that would be willing to buy a transparent blue Gali mask, and that they’d make a lot of money if it was widely-available for purchase.

It doesn’t have to be trans blue. It could be trans light blue, or a trans blue-gold mix. We’d be happy with any of the three.

All the other Toa have widely-available transparent masks. Gali should too!

Get on the twitters, the facebooks, and the youtubes. Tell them that #WeWantGalisMask.

Wouldn't a petition/Kickstarter be more effective? 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Wouldn't a petition/Kickstarter be more effective?

Kickstarter would absolutely be the wrong platform. That would literally only work if you were raising money to produce Gali masks yourself, which would almost certainly bring Lego's legal team down on you like vultures.

A petition is less risky but would almost certainly have no results based on past precedent. Every single time Lego releases any sort of exclusive, petitions pop up, and sputter out almost instantly. Besides, that's assuming petitions saying "I want this free thing you made" would have any impact on Lego at all. The most such a petition could do is convince Lego that the Bionicle fandom is whiny, temperamental, and entitled, and that it's less trouble to stop making special masks for events and focus on other themes instead. Maybe that's what some people in this thread want, but you're fooling yourselves if you think that'll result in more masks being released in actual sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So I should make the petition then?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm not sure how well a petition of any kind would do here. If LEGO has enough Transparent Blue Masks of Water to do a wider-scale distribution, then that means they already have plans to distribute them on a wider scale. And if they don't, they can't put an element that's been taken out of production back into production "on demand" on short notice, let alone come up with a way to package and distribute the masks. LEGO is very strict about not putting new elements into production without taking older elements out of production, and that means nothing gets put into production without a lot of strategic planning. This tight control of their number of elements in production is one of the changes that helped with their financial recovery in the mid-naughts — previously, they were putting new elements into production willy-nilly, and it was killing them. And promotional giveaways like the Hero Pack are planned far in advance so that they fit seamlessly into not only this tight production schedule, but also the LEGO Shop's promotional schedule.

Plus, if you think this is the first time LEGO fans have been frustrated with a certain item being exclusive to a particular event, you're wrong. In fact, the amount of complaining I've seen here is actually fairly small compared to the amount of complaining I've seen for every single wave of Comic-Con exclusive minifigures. LEGO isn't oblivious to the fact that there are people outside of these events who will want the exclusives they give away there. Awareness of that is not the issue. So obviously there's nothing wrong with trying to gather support for a petition, but I doubt that it will pay off. Especially when you consider the goal you're trying to achieve. If 200 copies of this mask is not enough to satisfy demand, then that means you're going to need a LOT more than 200 signatures. 1,000 signatures is the bare minimum that I could see convincing LEGO to even consider changing their plans for this particular mask, and that's being extremely conservative.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

Lego just needs to hurry up and give us mask packs and quit making rare exclusive BC

There's really not a strong connection between the lack of mask packs and the existence of rare promotional masks like this. Even back in 2001 when mask packs were in their prime, there were rarer promotional masks like the copper Huna, copper Komau, and transparent fluorescent green Miru that didn't come in mask packs. And if we did get 2001-style mask packs for 2015, most of their unique contents would consist of the Toa masks from the sets in the other five Toa's color schemes, rather than more individual color variations like this one.

• Upvote 1

1: His neck being out a little =/= hunchback.

2: I tried it, it was ridiculous.

3: No it doesn't.

4: The 2015 mask looks nothing like the Phantoka mask, and a lot of people have noticed the similarities between the Mata and 2015 mask.

1. Very true; if he doesn't correct that posture though then he would be considered hunchback which is a term for severe kyphosis basically.  But this isn't the chiropractic care forum so back to the topic. ↓

Lego just needs to hurry up and give us mask packs and quit making rare exclusive BC

Good idea!   :infected: I think that would really help them out economically as well!  :dollarsign:

• Upvote 2

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

Good idea!   :infected: I think that would really help them out economically as well!  :dollarsign:

If mask packs were economically worthwhile, LEGO would still be making them, no? I find it telling that from 2004 onwards, the supplemental sets were all single-mold, ammo packs, before being phased out completely in 2008.

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

They should make a trans yellow Kaukau for gen 2.

Ok, you are going to have to explain this one to me. I understand the trans blue Kaukau and I want one myself. Why a yellow one though?

On a side note I'd love Mask Packs with different colors for the other Toa. Problem with this right now is the elemental affiliation with each Mask's design. Doesn't really fit unless there drops a rule that says the Water chick can use the Fire dude's Mask and powers. While I understand the concept they went with they kind of screwed themselves for the possibility of different colored versions of currently released masks. The only think I can think of maybe the Protector masks since they are already under this effect. Maybe combining other colors while still holding true to being elemental. The Toa Masks however not so much. Now maybe if they released villager versions in the elements that could maybe work but with the lack of Mask packs of the ending years of Gen1 I don't hold out hope.

• Upvote 1

Onua.png

Well that is interesting. Was it suppose to be a Pohatu mask or something? Wasn't Pohatu's Kaukau strangely colored compared to his other masks?

Onua.png