Tufi Piyufi: Puffin Empress

I like the overall look, though the mask feels off, in color at least, or am I missing something about her?

That is Tufi's signature mask since the beginning of time. Plus the mask needs to be off-colour from the rest of the model in order to fully separate it from the uniform. Most people don't have a skintone that matches their uniform, after all!

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I like the overall look, though the mask feels off, in color at least, or am I missing something about her?

That is Tufi's signature mask since the beginning of time. Plus the mask needs to be off-colour from the rest of the model in order to fully separate it from the uniform. Most people don't have a skintone that matches their uniform, after all!

Obviously =P I just didn't know it was supposed to be uniform worn by a person ^_^;

I don't know if you think of this, but, from the way I see it, this MOC looks more like a pirate to me. The only thing missing is a pirate hat/bandana. Out of curiosity, how tall is it?

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

hqdefault.jpg

:P

Seriously, though, this looks amazing! The upper torso/shoulders feel a little out of proportion, but that may just be the pose and camera angle. Also not sure how I feel about those red ball joints in the wrists. Loving that sword, though! :D And the boots and feathery coat-tails. Excellent touch, that. ;)

• Upvote 4

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I feel a lot of the proportions are wonky [at best] and while I agree that the Huna is KEY, there still needs to be some sort of head accent to pull all of this together and to keep the head from looking comically small on the frame of the MOC.

That said however

The Thigh-high boots, the overcoat, THAT SWORD PAT OH MY GOD THE SWORD there is just so much style and honest to goodness fashion it just feels really great and the rest kind of does not matter.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I don't know if you think of this, but, from the way I see it, this MOC looks more like a pirate to me. The only thing missing is a pirate hat/bandana. Out of curiosity, how tall is it?

-Tomdroidser

It is very swashbuckling, for sure. I'm feeling that right now, I guess. It's probably around a foot tall?

I feel a lot of the proportions are wonky [at best] and while I agree that the Huna is KEY, there still needs to be some sort of head accent to pull all of this together and to keep the head from looking comically small on the frame of the MOC.

That said however

The Thigh-high boots, the overcoat, THAT SWORD PAT OH MY GOD THE SWORD there is just so much style and honest to goodness fashion it just feels really great and the rest kind of does not matter.

I'm not thrilled about the arms, but I'm not sure where any of the rest of the proportions get wonky at worst. I worked very hard to keep it to a slightly exagerrated realistic set of proportionate body lengths. I tried lots of head accents, each one detracted from the overall feel of the model. I'm afraid I take umbrage with "comically small" quite drastically. I build models to be proportionate based on the mask size, not the head underneath as functionally the mask presents as the head in photos and display.

A proper military uniform on a BIONICLE MOC? As that Shaggy rip-off from Jabber-Jaw used to say, "Wowie Wow Wow!"

This is most impressive! I love the personal customizations to it to fit our BZP old-timer. :P  Has Tufi seen this as of yet?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...

A proper military uniform on a BIONICLE MOC? As that Shaggy rip-off from Jabber-Jaw used to say, "Wowie Wow Wow!"

This is most impressive! I love the personal customizations to it to fit our BZP old-timer. :P  Has Tufi seen this as of yet?

I believe her exact words (via text message) were "I NEED THOSE BOOTS NOW".

Followed by: "AND THAT JACKET".

I've been trying to do more "real-world inspired" outfits or design styles on my MOCs lately. It's sort of fun to take things in such a different direction from the normal BIONICLE MOCing scene.

I believe her exact words (via text message) were "I NEED THOSE BOOTS NOW".

Followed by: "AND THAT JACKET".

I've been trying to do more "real-world inspired" outfits or design styles on my MOCs lately. It's sort of fun to take things in such a different direction from the normal BIONICLE MOCing scene.

Well, if you need an idea, you could make a Medieval Roman/'Byzantine' Cataphract or a member of the Varangian Guard; Heavily armored and aren't Western Knights (do either of these and I will take it as a personal MoC for myself :P ). If you want to make villain, you could also do a Ritterbruder from the Monastic State of the Teutonic Order (would require a white cape; what a name).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

• 2 weeks later...

What is a Tufi piyufi the moc looks great

A Tufi Piyufi is a rare breed of forum-moderating puffins...

No, just kidding. :P Tufi Piyufi is the forum leader of Bionicle-Based Creations, one of the most famous mods on BZPower, and an all-around awesome person.

And let me be the first to congratulate you on being featured, DeeVee!

Edited by Dallior: Rahkshi Lord

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Aye, congrats with being featured on the front page! This MOC deserves it.  :)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Gorgeous! absolutely gorgeous! i love the black and gold, the boots look fantastic! the sword! the hands! the clothes! , it looks too amazing to adequately describe in short sentences!

my_card.jpg

credit to Bonesiii for the av,

credit to xecha for the template for the card, but I did all the work on it, thank you very much!

credit to taka nuvia (or her current name) for the original skullbud .2 file of which i edited,

to make the thing you see in my sign-off, if/when i use them

I am the who when you ask; "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair

I am the shadow on the moon at night, Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

I am The Darkness underneath your bed, I am the thoughts inside your head

Who Am I, You Ask? I Am One Of Many, And Many Are The _G.R.I.D_

WE ARE _G.R.I.D_ AND OUR TIME HAS COME