Bionicle Summer Set Pictures and Descriptions Found

High quality pictures and set descriptions for the summer 2015 Bionicle sets have been found. Where, you ask? In the most obvious of places: the Canadian Best Buy website! There's some great information in there, and a great look at the sets. Just keep in mind that the prices are in Canadian and not US dollars.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

So does this mean they are out already in Canada? Well good for our Northern neighbor. Prowl wants him that Mask Maker set. It will complete my Protector's sets. Still Need Kopaka to complete my Toas.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Skull Slicer:

an ancient champion animated by the dark magic of the Skull Spider Mask.

Hm... Intriguing. So these are ancient Okotoans reanimated by not the Mask of Ultimate Power, as we thought, but the Skull Spider mask? I wonder how accurate that is. Definitely makes for some interesting discussion material.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I love these new high quality pictures and set descriptions! The pictures look awesome! The set descriptions are very neat, too!:D I love hearing that the Skull Villain sets can be combined into combiner models. It's interest that it seems that the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders could reanimated the ancient dead Okoto warriors.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Good to see more information on the new sets. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

hmm, so what i'm getting is, Slicer (and possibly the others) are indeed warriors from days past, very toa like warriors, (especially grinder...) it gives us a slight look at Okoto's past and i do hope we learn at least a little about who they were. (like if slicey always had four arms.)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Yay! If I'm reading skull slicer's description right, it sounds like lord of skull spiders used his mask of skull spiders to reanimate these guys! Glad to see Loss will be getting more story relevance.

Except you're missing two key elements. LoSS didn't have the mask otherwise he/she would have called other Skull Spiders to aid it during the fight against the Toa. It was also missing from the pedestal. It's also stated that Skull Scorpio (and Skull Grinder) are looking for ancient masks of power like the Skull Spiders. This means someone high up is using all of these skull creatures as puppets to get the masks. Makuta is officially called "The Mask Hoarder", which pretty much makes it logical to assume that Makuta has this mask (remember the rule for all media, if a character "dies" but you don't see them die, they're probably not dead) and is using it to command an army to bring back the MoC, Mask of Control, and the MoUP. 

So, that's why Skull Slicer has a Skull Spider mask; he got revived/reanimated by the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders. I'm not sure if this applies to the others, but it makes sense for Skull Slicer.

Skull Scorpio roaming burial grounds for Masks of Power? That's dark, to me at least.

• Upvote 2

Undead warriors, magic, and combo models! Interesting! I really hope its more combo than just attaching weapons?

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

"Animated by the dark magic of the Skull Spider Mask" does not necessarily refer to the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders.

It could just mean the particular Skull Spider mask that Skull Slicer is wearing.

(In fact, I think that is more likely because it gives more play potential if it is the mask included with the set that brings the bad guy to life.)

• Upvote 2
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

High quality pictures and set descriptions for the summer 2015 Bionicle sets have been found. Where, you ask? In the most obvious of places: the Canadian Best Buy website! There's some great information in there, and a great look at the sets. Just keep in mind that the prices are in Canadian and not US dollars.

View the full article

I saw the sets and they need more detail and then they should've brought back the Old Bionicle PARTS!!!  *And I smashed my computer and went all crazy* :P 

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

"Animated by the dark magic of the Skull Spider Mask" does not necessarily refer to the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders.

It could just mean the particular Skull Spider mask that Skull Slicer is wearing.

(In fact, I think that is more likely because it gives more play potential if it is the mask included with the set that brings the bad guy to life.)

So you're in favor of making a useless skull spider body be more important story wise than the Golden Skull Spider mask that LoSS never had the chance to use BECAUSE IT WAS MISSING FROM ITS PEDESTAL IN THE FINAL EPISODE. Pohatu even points it out by asking what was originally on the pedestal. That's called foreshadowing. They wouldn't make a Golden Mask of Skull Spiders appear in set form and then foreshadow its importance if it wasn't going to have story significance. Once the summer story is out, you'll see my prophecies come true, mark my words. 

Also, there's already play potential that's introduced with the whole Infected Golden Mask of Jungle thing. Not to mention the weapons that are specifically designed to tear the masks off of their foes. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 4

Rip off LEGO BIONICLE hero masks (sold separately) with the hook blade

Am I the only one hoping that means potential mask packs?

It doesn't. It's most likely referring to the Toa and Protector sets and the masks that come with them. It's basically saying "This weapon is designed to allow mind control on Lewa". ;)

So you're in favor of making a useless skull spider body be more important story wise than the Golden Skull Spider mask that LoSS never had the chance to use BECAUSE IT WAS MISSING FROM ITS PEDESTAL IN THE FINAL EPISODE. Pohatu even points it out by asking what was originally on the pedestal. That's called foreshadowing. They wouldn't make a Golden Mask of Skull Spiders appear in set form and then foreshadow its importance if it wasn't going to have story significance. Once the summer story is out, you'll see my prophecies come true, mark my words. 

Also, there's already play potential that's introduced with the whole Infected Golden Mask of Jungle thing. Not to mention the weapons that are specifically designed to tear the masks off of their foes. 

Hmm. Interesting. I'd never thought about the significance of the empty pedestal. I wonder where the mask came from, because the skull spider mask certainly doesn't seem like something Ekimu would make. Perhaps Makuta was plotting everything even before he was presumably taken over by the MoUP?

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

Thanks for posting these links. I saw them on the Canadian Best Buy site, but couldn't comment on them until now.

Anyways, the descriptions of these sets make me excited for the upcoming summer storyline. These guys sound like they will be interesting foes for the Toa to face. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The description of the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders says that it can control Skull Spiders, and I think that is enough story significance already. I'm sure it will turn up later in the animations for that purpose. Does it need reanimation powers on top of that?

Skull Slicer is the only villain stated to be brought to life by a "Skull Spider Mask", and is also the only villain wearing a Skull Spider Mask. Therefore it makes sense that the mask referred to in the product description would be the one included in the product.

Maybe if the other villains also said they had all been animated by a particular Skull Spider Mask then I would agree with you. But as it is, without even a mention of the word "Golden", I think it's more likely just backstory to explain Skull Slicer's mask.

• Upvote 3
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

I'd be inclined to agree with the above post. Also what is this about an infected Golden Mask of Jungle? Is that what they are calling the two-toned masks in the Summer wave?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I'd be inclined to agree with the above post. Also what is this about an infected Golden Mask of Jungle? Is that what they are calling the two-toned masks in the Summer wave?

Infected Jungle Mask? We're getting black masks with handpainted rust! :D

I thought the two toned masks were having their powers drained. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Personally, I think the idea that Skull Spiders can control any being whether they're alive or dead adds to their mystique and makes them seem much more terrifying. Even if the villagers, Protectors, and Toa can fight off Skull Spiders with some reasonable degree of success, dead characters can't fight back and as such would be much easier to take control of. And that doesn't just grant a physical advantage, but a psychological one as well—imagine what it would be like for the Protectors to encounter their dead ancestors shambling toward the villages!

That also explains why the not-quite-dead Ekimu was still entombed so securely. The last thing the villagers would have needed would be for their comatose Mask Maker to be turned against them.

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm pretty excited for these. The Ekimu and Skull Grinder set looks awesome, and it seems to be off to a good start. I'm still hoping to get some more masks, though.

Edited by The Hordika

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

Personally, I think the idea that Skull Spiders can control any being whether they're alive or dead adds to their mystique and makes them seem much more terrifying. Even if the villagers, Protectors, and Toa can fight off Skull Spiders with some reasonable degree of success, dead characters can't fight back and as such would be much easier to take control of. And that doesn't just grant a physical advantage, but a psychological one as well—imagine what it would be like for the Protectors to encounter their dead ancestors shambling toward the villages!

That also explains why the not-quite-dead Ekimu was still entombed so securely. The last thing the villagers would have needed would be for their comatose Mask Maker to be turned against them.

This scares me, but that does make some sense if this was a thing they knew about. Seal away the bodies so that they could not be corrupted by the local evil wildlife.

Onua.png

Haha hilarious. Didn't expect the Canadian Best Buy site to be the first to leak em. xD 

The CG renders are beautiful and the sets (especially Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder) look absolutely amazing. The descriptions were pretty cool, especially with the promise of more combiners, and the description for Skull Slicer was especially enticing - a champion controlled by the Skull Spider mask. Hmmm... Lewa?

Can't wait for the summer!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

One of the ideas I've entertained in the past is that a Skull Spider's host doesn't necessarily have to be stronger than the being it's fighting, it may just need to be able to pin them down long enough for the spider to jump from one face to the other.  Which would mean that even weaker enemies are still a formidable threat.

OpAXNpl.jpg

The whole reviving the dead, the dark magic and the spider-possessing thing has got quite a voodoo vibe to it, doesn't it (not so much about the spiders, but controlling beings from a distance does, sort of)? Which was one of the main inspirations back in 2000 altough they drew from voodoo "only" for the kanohi aspect and the overall atmosphere.

My point is: I'm excited for what'so to come, cheesy animations or not, and I think LEGO is doing a great job at recreating the franchise.

• Upvote 2

The whole reviving the dead, the dark magic and the spider-possessing thing has got quite a voodoo vibe to it, doesn't it (not so much about the spiders, but controlling beings from a distance does, sort of)? Which was one of the main inspirations back in 2000 altough they drew from voodoo "only" for the kanohi aspect and the overall atmosphere.

My point is: I'm excited for what'so to come, cheesy animations or not, and I think LEGO is doing a great job at recreating the franchise.

skeletons = bones, skulls = skeleton heads.

skeleton heads, bones, skeleton bones, bone heads.

voodoo. Okoto is an island, voodoo on an island, an island of voodoo....

SZ06Wal.jpg

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Upvote 4

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Combine Skull Warrior with 70792 Skull Slicer (sold separately) and 70793 Skull Basher (sold separately) to create a multi-headed warrior

Nice to know we'll be getting more combiners next wave. I hope they keep with this trend for future sets.

• Upvote 1

why is this happening