http://41.media.tumblr.com/778d5ebc75002cdb02ba4df08fad984f/tumblr_no2oj6Qaz41rp62tgo1_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/2f43fc881ed3ba4b98660d31d76de9a9/tumblr_no2oj6Qaz41rp62tgo2_1280.jpg

Tan's color can be inconsistent, so I took a picture with and without flash.

To be honest I found Pohatu's set a bit underwhelming, and I only bought him to revamp him. But now I think he looks a lot better.

The biggest change as you can see here was the addition of size 4 tan shells. I am debating whether or not to keep the tan torso, he might have actually have TOO much color now.

I also swapped out the Guurahk staff for a Mahri blade, as I felt its shape was more appropriate for a dagger. In comparison the Guurahk staff looks more like a fork.

Pohatu is also a lot more symmetrical now, though I kept the single shoulder pauldron.

Also I considered moving his shin guards onto his feet to imitate his g1 feet additions, but it would really only work if his feet were in a color other than silver.

Edited by GSR
Please make sure your images are smaller than 640x640. Thanks! -GSR
  • Upvote 1

Wow, besides the color swap this looks like how I did my Pohatu in my latest video. I guess great minds think alike.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Tan CCBS pieces? I never thought they existed until now, which set has them? Also, I find the lack of armor on Pohatu's left shoulder odd since it looks like you were revamping pohatu to give him a more symmetrical design. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Well I know some of the Star Wars CCBS are coming with this tan color. Didn't know they were out yet though.

As for the arms. It looks almost as if he is sporting the extra parts that came with the set. Mine too has the same build with the trans green as the forearms with the brown armor panels accented with the extra spikes.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I really like the Mahri blade and the use of tan, but I feel like the trans-neon-green stands out a little too much now. Makes the color scheme a little too busy. Maybe swap those out too?

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Well I know some of the Star Wars CCBS are coming with this tan color. Didn't know they were out yet though.

As for the arms. It looks almost as if he is sporting the extra parts that came with the set. Mine too has the same build with the trans green as the forearms with the brown armor panels accented with the extra spikes.

The Star Wars Ultrabuilds aren't out yet. Let's just say my uncle works at Lego.

Yeah I stuck the spare spikes on his other arm. They were there. I'm ok with a bit of asymmetry, but I never liked how his trans-lime bones were unevenly distributed, so I made them more even.

Maybe the silver does clash with the tan, but sadly the new armor add-ons do not come in black or gunmetal. I ended up replacing the tan torso with Pohatu's original silver, not sure if it evens out the colors more.

Tan CCBS pieces? I never thought they existed until now, which set has them? Also, I find the lack of armor on Pohatu's left shoulder odd since it looks like you were revamping pohatu to give him a more symmetrical design.

Hey, those tan pieces came from those Chima figures built with CCBS pieces. I can't recall which set had them, though.

Did you give yourself whiplash with that change of thought? lol. If they did come from a Chima Set I would think Maybe the Croc. He has Tan on his chest and maybe they changed it to the arms as well. Unless The Lion one sports some tan to go with the Brown and yellow. 

The Star Wars Ultrabuilds aren't out yet. Let's just say my uncle works at Lego.

Yeah I stuck the spare spikes on his other arm. They were there. I'm ok with a bit of asymmetry, but I never liked how his trans-lime bones were unevenly distributed, so I made them more even.

Maybe the silver does clash with the tan, but sadly the new armor add-ons do not come in black or gunmetal. I ended up replacing the tan torso with Pohatu's original silver, not sure if it evens out the colors more.

Are you admitting that you are in possession of unreleased set pieces due to a parent using their position to procure you said pieces? That seems so unfair and maybe a little illegal.

Also do you plan on posting images of Pohatu with his Original Chest piece so we can compare the differences? See what one we may think looks better? The Silver or the Tan.

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...
Was this picture taken before or after you did the customizing? Reason I ask is because the arms are changed back to their normal (one color per arm) configuration. Still I think I personally like the Silver torso due to it helping to further accent the other colors and not making the lighter tan feel forced. Though it could just be the balance die to the reversion of the arms back to their original setting a bit with the tan color.

Onua.png

Was this picture taken before or after you did the customizing? Reason I ask is because the arms are changed back to their normal (one color per arm) configuration. Still I think I personally like the Silver torso due to it helping to further accent the other colors and not making the lighter tan feel forced. Though it could just be the balance die to the reversion of the arms back to their original setting a bit with the tan color.

The tan torso would look better with dark orange feet, but those are not made by anyone at the moment.

I heard from a few people that Pohatu only having 4 shells in his secondary color wasn't enough. But Lewa has 4 Keetorange shells, Tahu has 4 trans orange shells, and Onua has 4 purple shells, so I think it's enough.

I am also planning on replacing Lewa's Keetorange with lime and giving Tahu more trans orange in the near future.

Interesting. I hope you will grace us with pictures once you get them done.

Onua.png

That looks like where I keep my Lewa's Gear box. Not really a fan of the higher shoulders/armor. Doesn't it free up the head so much for posing.

Onua.png