Was 2010 Tahu the original Tahu?

The other day an idea struck me while I was looking at this picture. 

Is it possible that the 2010 version of the Toa that we saw were the original Toa Mata designs, before being placed into canisters? 

Obviously the image doesn't show 2001 Tahu because TLG was trying to promote the current sets on the shelves, but is it that alien of an idea?

The reason why the 2001 Toa could look different than those from 2010 could be because the Toa rebuilt themselves slightly differently, and some of their organic tissue may have decayed (thus explaining the visible gears). 

It would also make sense for the Ignika to have transformed Tahu into this version, since it would have had a record of Tahu's original form instead of the 2001 version. 

What say you all? 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

You know I read this Topic Title and thought there were several Tahu's. But this is talking about his Design. I guess it would be possible that Tahu and the other Toa Mata's Original forms could look something like this. After all if the Matoran canisters could change their form over the course of so much time from their Metru to Diminished forms why couldn't the Toa Canisters have a similar effect? I mean their minds deteriorated from being in there so long so why not the body as well? Still isn't Tahu's 2010 form smaller than his original Mata form? Or is that just in set form due to parts? Seems strange.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

No. The Tahu Stars set was the 2001 figure wearing Adaptive Armor. Since the 2001 set had been out of production for years, the artist used the more familiar form for that image. 

Myself and many others have cleared this up at least three times in the last five years.

• Upvote 8

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Here's a question, then: why does the Golden Armor look exactly the same as the default form of the Adaptive Armor? Surely it would be designed to fit the original, unarmored Tahu Mata, not Tahu wearing armor which didn't even yet exist?

My thoughts are that possibly

a) Artahka based the default form of the Adaptive Armor off of the Golden Armor of legend, or

b) The Adaptive Armor did not take on its default form but a form similar to the Golden Armor, to allow Tahu to easily don it, or

c) It actually shouldn't, it's just that the set approximations make it seem like it.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Here's a question, then: why does the Golden Armor look exactly the same as the default form of the Adaptive Armor? Surely it would be designed to fit the original, unarmored Tahu Mata, not Tahu wearing armor which didn't even yet exist?

My thoughts are that possibly

a) Artahka based the default form of the Adaptive Armor off of the Golden Armor of legend, or

b) The Adaptive Armor did not take on its default form but a form similar to the Golden Armor, to allow Tahu to easily don it, or

c) It actually shouldn't, it's just that the set approximations make it seem like it.

I think it's choice B, but I don't know if there is an official answer.

• Upvote 1

They were silhouettes because the artist didn't have access to the original sets and therefore couldn't draw them (I know, how hard could it have been to google them?). But you gotta work off what they give you.

-NotS

not just that the artisit didn't have them, more of that they tried to keep Official Lego Bionicle material tied to the sets of that year, so Tahu, Takanuva, Gresh, even the rahkshi had to look like the 2010 sets. (hence, the story sometimes claiming many rahkshi, but the images only showing yellow rahkshi)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think during 2010, it was the 2001 Tahu. I think I remember hearing this back in 2010, and I feel more satisfied with that. I can't imagine Tahu looking like a re-colored Av-Matoran or Agori at all :(

Onua.png