More LEGO Dimensions Packs Revealed

Clever people who have been trawling through the LEGO website have found instructions for 71201 Level Pack: Back To The Future from the upcoming LEGO Dimensions game. While this is interesting in and of itself, more interesting is that it reveals images of several other Level Packs, Team Packs, and Fun Packs, including several that have not been announced thus far. The most exciting are the Portal 2 and Doctor Who Level Packs, featuring a turret, Chell, and Companion Cube and TARDIS, Twefth Doctor, and K-9, respectively. We knew a Doctor Who set was coming from LEGO Ideas, but Portal is a brand new license (although several Ideas projects have reached ten thousand votes but were not selected). Other packs include Jurassic World, Scooby Doo, The Simpsons, and others. I'm excited to get better pictures and learn more about this game and these new licenses!

View the full article

I have very mixed feelings about the Portal 2 kit.  On one hand, I'm very excited to finally see Chell, a turret, and the Weighted Companion Cube finally realized in LEGO form.  On the other hand, I'm very disappointed that potential for a fantastic Portal set (such as the proposed Ideas project a year or two ago) has been wasted on a mere expansion pack for a game released for systems that I don't own.

I want to say "YES!", but I also want to say "NO!".  So, then... "THIS SENTENCE IS FALSE?"

• Upvote 3

If they don't do full-size sets with Portal and Doctor Who, I swear to Mata Nui I am decking a marketing executive.

Even if they don't, it's still better than nothing.

I'm guessing me saying the "raptor" in the Jurassic World level pack looks dreadful will earn me the same vitriol it usually does.

You bring up a fair point.

I am so psyched about the Portal 2 pack! This could mean we may very well see a Portal set(s) in the future. My sister will be incredibly psyched about the Doctor Who one. I still really hate the whole toy/game thing and how you have to buy the sets to get the content as opposed to just buying the dlc, otherwise you have a very bare bones excuse for a video game which I'm worried will set a very bad precedent for a gaming industry that all ready has enough bad precedence. That being said, I will probably still get a pack or 2 if the game is actually good. This kind of stuff is just too dang expensive! 

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

So not only are we getting a Lego Doctor Who set, but we're also getting Doctor Who in Lego Dimensions?

WITH K-9!?!

AND A SONIC SCREWDRIVER AND A TARDIS???

I was hoping this would happen! And while I've never played the game, I'm sure the Portal fans are excited about it getting its own Lego Dimensions pack as well.

The folks on Eurobricks were able to use an image on the Xbox One edition of the game's box (which was shown at an angle where the top of the box could be seen) to determine some of the upcoming figures. So the Chima, Simpsons, Scooby Doo, and even Portal characters are no surprise. I couldn't make out Doctor Who in there, though, so that's a nice surprise. (For those curious, this is the picture the Eurobricks folks made from this image.)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

So are these actual, solid minifigures, or are they electronic things?

They're actual minifigs you can take off the stands and play with. (Which is one of Lego's best advantages over other toys-to-life games like Infinity where the figures are static and can't really be played with.

• Upvote 3

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Eh, pretty neat but I'll pass-

WAIT

Portal 2? A VIDEO GAME WITHIN A VIDEO GAME?! This has to be one of the coolest licenses yet (not too big on Portal but still have respect for it).

I sincerely hope this means a chance for more famous video game franchises to appear within LEGO Universe...

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

Hm. Dunno if I want to buy these yet.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm guessing me saying the "raptor" in the Jurassic World level pack looks dreadful will earn me the same vitriol it usually does.

It's not just the raptor either. For myself, at least, several of the non-minifigure builds leave a lot to be desired, especially that flying monkey. I get that there are piece count and mold restrictions, but I feel like LEGO has put out better small scale models than these. But since kids will be purchasing these for the stands (and probably minifigures) I guess that hardly matters.

It's not that there all bad, most are actually quite good, but a few leave me scratching my head.

BZPRPG

A lot of these sound really awesome. I've never played Portal, but I've wanted to (old computer+owner who knows nothing of specs= Nope.)

I want to hear more about playsets from original lines, though. I want to know that LEGO isn't just taking advantage of the licences it has to up its popularity. (I'm looking at you, Batman.) It'd be really cool to see LEGO City, Ninjago, and other lines. Maybe even some older ones, like BIONICLE and Adventurers and Exo-Force. Or even older, like Rock Raiders and LEGO Island. C'mon, Lego, let the 90s have their time!

• Upvote 2

Defy Expectations

A lot of these sound really awesome. I've never played Portal, but I've wanted to (old computer+owner who knows nothing of specs= Nope.)

I want to hear more about playsets from original lines, though. I want to know that LEGO isn't just taking advantage of the licences it has to up its popularity. (I'm looking at you, Batman.) It'd be really cool to see LEGO City, Ninjago, and other lines. Maybe even some older ones, like BIONICLE and Adventurers and Exo-Force. Or even older, like Rock Raiders and LEGO Island. C'mon, Lego, let the 90s have their time!

There is very little to gain in advertising product lines that don't exist anymore. I'm betting we'll see some of these other "new" licenses with some limited non-Universe products as well.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I really dislike that there are more Licensed theme (there are 7 of them), then LEGO own stuff (3 of LEGO own), there is a huge chance to see some of LEGO old them in this like LEGO Space Police, Power Miner, Rock Raiders and Alpha Team.

Also I'm curious about LEGO idea stuff having something to do with Dimensions.

What about Galidor  :evilgrin:

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Please could we get a working link?

The link WAS working earlier - I think TLG realized they'd put up the instructions early and took them down.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

I haven't posted in a long time...

Anyways, this is awesome. I need this game. I seriously think that Lego is plotting to take over the world- they have the rights to doctor who, portal, marvel and DC, LOTR/Hobbit, Disney and more- not to mention they have a seriously powerful media presence and several strong original themes. But I would enjoy living in a world ruled by Lego.

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Clever people who have been trawling through the LEGO website have found instructions for 71201 Level Pack: Back To The Future from the upcoming LEGO Dimensions game. While this is interesting in and of itself, more interesting is that it reveals images of several other Level Packs, Team Packs, and Fun Packs, including several that have not been announced thus far. The most exciting are the Portal 2 and Doctor Who Level Packs, featuring a turret, Chell, and Companion Cube and TARDIS, Twefth Doctor, and K-9, respectively. We knew a Doctor Who set was coming from LEGO Ideas, but Portal is a brand new license (although several Ideas projects have reached ten thousand votes but were not selected). Other packs include Jurassic World, Scooby Doo, The Simpsons, and others. I'm excited to get better pictures and learn more about this game and these new licenses!

View the full article

I cannot WAIT to get the NINJAGO and DOCTOR WHO packs!

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

On the contrary, I've been anxiously awaiting that! :D

There is very little to gain in advertising product lines that don't exist anymore. I'm betting we'll see some of these other "new" licenses with some limited non-Universe products as well.

For what it's worth, characters like Johnny Thunder could conceivably be released with Lego Movie branding, considering he appeared in that as a newly-redesigned fig. Also, Lord of the Rings was basically been a dormant license before it was announced for Dimensions, meaning that it's possible that, particularly in the case of licensed themes, there's a chance that a theme like that might see a small resurgence for Dimensions. The prime candidate for that sort of revival would probably be Harry Potter, considering that franchise's ties to Warner Bros., Dumbledore's appearance in The Lego Movie, and the success of the past Lego Harry Potter video games.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

While I don't plan to get Lego Dimensions, I'll surely be looking to get the figures (the Portal Gun and the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver pieces in particular look fantastic!). I hope the bases have studholes under them, because that Aperture Science one is gonna come in handy! :D

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey
  • Upvote 1

Some =statistics of the characters officially revealed so far (waves 1 & 2 + the starter pack):

• Theme with highest amount of characters in the game so far: Ninjago & The Lego Movie tied at 5 each
  • Total # of unlicensed characters: 13
  • Total # of licensed characters: 18
  • Total # of boy characters: 24
  • Total # of girl characters: 7
  • Grand Total # of characters in the Starter Set and waves 1 & 2: 31

Surprisingly the balance between licensed and non-licensed characters isn't as bad as some might have thought, assuming you count The Lego Movie as non-licensed.

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

For what it's worth, characters like Johnny Thunder could conceivably be released with Lego Movie branding, considering he appeared in that as a newly-redesigned fig. Also, Lord of the Rings was basically been a dormant license before it was announced for Dimensions, meaning that it's possible that, particularly in the case of licensed themes, there's a chance that a theme like that might see a small resurgence for Dimensions. The prime candidate for that sort of revival would probably be Harry Potter, considering that franchise's ties to Warner Bros., Dumbledore's appearance in The Lego Movie, and the success of the past Lego Harry Potter video games.

For what it's worth, with two new Harry Potter franchise films being released (Fantastic Beasts), I'd put money on new Harry Potter sets...

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg