BrickUniverse Wrapup Part 2

In Part 1 of our BrickUniverse coverage, we shared pictures of the many things on display at the event in Raleigh, NC at the end of March. While we had hoped to get this up sooner, today we're posting the second half of our look at the convention. We're trying something a bit different here, with some video coverage of the event. We have a tour of the creations on the expo floor as well as a panel featuring prominent members of the online community. Read on to give them a watch and then let us know what you think and if you'd like to see more videos like these!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

I'm tempted to watch just to see how you could have possibly edited the fansite panel down to something BZP-appropriate, yet at the same time too horrified to risk putting myself through that experience a second time. Has anyone else watched this yet, and can they vouch for whether they managed to pick the good bits out from the bad?

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm tempted to watch just to see how you could have possibly edited the fansite panel down to something BZP-appropriate, yet at the same time too horrified to risk putting myself through that experience a second time. Has anyone else watched this yet, and can they vouch for whether they managed to pick the good bits out from the bad?

Consider my curiosity piqued. What made the fansite panel bad/BZP-inappropriate?

I'm looking at the fanzone panel and all I have seen are MOCs (some, I would say are mediocre, but most of them are pretty good.) the 24 karat gold masks of power, lego creations like Proto Man, statues and dioramas, custom minifigures and a Tahu pony. I don't see anything wrong with the fanzone panel.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Consider my curiosity piqued. What made the fansite panel bad/BZP-inappropriate?

There were some inappropriate replies and tangents to some of the questions. I cut at least fifteen minutes out all total, although most of that was us rereading the questions and awkward pauses.

I'm looking at the fanzone panel and all I have seen are MOCs (some, I would say are mediocre, but most of them are pretty good.) the 24 karat gold masks of power, lego creations like Proto Man, statues and dioramas, custom minifigures and a Tahu pony. I don't see anything wrong with the fanzone panel.

That's not the panel, that's the tour of the convention.