Own a Life-Size Skull Spider Mask

Is the gold Skull Spider mask from the Lord of Skull Spiders set not enough for you? Sad you didn't win the solid gold version in the Battle for the Gold Mask? Well then you're in luck because someone on eBay is selling a life-size adult wearable Skull Spider mask that can be yours for under $200! It's certainly a bit pricy, but this is a pretty cool one-of-a-kind custom that you're not likely to see again (assuming it sells). It's important to note that the seller has no feedback rating, so be careful if you decide to make it yours.

View the full article

• Upvote 3

That would be a great buy indeed! The Skull Spider mask is probably my favorite out of the reboot so far (maybe it has to do with it's uncanny resemblance to Chirox's mask). Alas, I lack the funds, so may providence be with any who seek to buy this faux-face!

EDIT:  One. Little. Typo.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

OMG! I am so pleased that there's interest in our Skull Spider mask. The first goal when creating is to make something that would please us personally. We are a husband and wife team, and Darrin is the mastermind behind our art. He creates for the love of creating, then it's my job to try to sell it. I have to take into account how many hours it takes him to build it, then price it accordingly. Now here's the thing, I'm grateful to have your feedback. It seems as though if we could get our prices down, you'd be happy to buy one. So we'll work on that, and try again. Each product is hand-formed, and usually made-to-order. We are talking about getting a $99 mask out there, with less detail but keep the light-up eyes. Good input, thanks.

Did you know? On our Skull Spider Mask, the bars that the legs are clipped to (which are removable) are the exact measurements for the Bionicle masks to clip to.

Thanks again,

Carrie

• Upvote 4

Well, this is interesting! Shame that it's quite expensive, but I can definitely see myself buying this if I had the funds!

PS: Did anyone else see the WMKK for sale under recommended? Or was it just me?

Oh, man, I see it now.

But that picture of the certificate of authenticity looks familiar somehow...

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I really like this mask's color scheme. The gold with black marks looks great on it. And the the fact that one could wear it makes it even better. :)

I'm saving my money for other things though, so I won't be bidding on it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Aw the Bidding has ended already. Not that I have the money to burn on such an item it would have been cool to have. I think there was someone else on the board who made a life sized mask. Though his was not for sale. I think it was the Vahi.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

It appears the price has dropped. If this is still for sale by mid-June, I might just be able to get it now. :D

EDIT: The price is the same, but I had read $200 as $500. Oops, silly old historian!

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Well it is not exactly suppose to be the crown of England here. It is a Golden Spider Body with limbs that attack to your face like them face hugger Xenomorph aliens from Prometheus and well Alien(s) movies.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

OMG! I am so pleased that there's interest in our Skull Spider mask. The first goal when creating is to make something that would please us personally. We are a husband and wife team, and Darrin is the mastermind behind our art. He creates for the love of creating, then it's my job to try to sell it. I have to take into account how many hours it takes him to build it, then price it accordingly. Now here's the thing, I'm grateful to have your feedback. It seems as though if we could get our prices down, you'd be happy to buy one. So we'll work on that, and try again. Each product is hand-formed, and usually made-to-order. We are talking about getting a $99 mask out there, with less detail but keep the light-up eyes. Good input, thanks.

Did you know? On our Skull Spider Mask, the bars that the legs are clipped to (which are removable) are the exact measurements for the Bionicle masks to clip to.

Thanks again,

Carrie

Nice to see input from the mask's creator team here! I love this thing and would certainly consider owning one if a $99 version could be achieved (and look this good!) Of course I'm in the UK which adds another layer to the purchase price for me but I'd certainly be interested in this as a unique piece (kind of anyway :D) If you can work with curves to some degree might I also suggest a lifesized replica of the Movie Edition Kraahkan? It's mostly angular but the rounded areas may be a little trickier... I'd buy one of those too by the way :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Thanks again,

Carrie

Great job on that mask! :happydance:  It looks absolutely fantastic, and the details are incredible! Good luck to everyone who bids on this incredible item! :D

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Simply amazing, lego should buy the rights to produce this off those guys.

Technically, LEGO already has the rights to produce life-sized versions of any masks that they created in the first place. And there wouldn't be much point in buying this particular design since as special as it is, it would have to be completely redesigned both for mass-production and to meet various toy safety standards. Still, it is an amazing design, and I always love seeing LEGO fans express their creativity in ways other than just building with the pieces from sets.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3